Indian Stadium Renovation

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I would consider Port Neches and Groves as having a lot of big old country boys as well. It's all relative. ;D Nothing in the Livingston water that PN-G should fear.

Bigdog

The Dog
Those home stands look steep!! Glad I don't have to climb them. ;D

Are there any future plans for the visitors stands?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No clue. However, even though the visitors side has been around a few decades, it still seats around 5,000. Not bad for a high school stadium and no team other than Nederland even comes close to filling it.

Visitors will enjoy large restroom and concession facilities. And a better entrance.

C

coonass322

Glad they are making a bigger "dog house" (restrooms) for all those dog fans!.....I will agree that MCM will be the only time the visitor side gets anywhere near full unless Indian fans spill over on a couple other home games....CHOP SHOP WILL BE OPEN!

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
Indianfan: What the png indians have is what the rest of the world wishes they could have! It's so good to stand up and say "YA TA HAY" WHICH IS REAL INDIAN FOR HOW ARE YOU?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
In ;DdianKen said:
Indianfan: What the png indians have is what the rest of the world wishes they could have! It's so good to stand up and say "YA TA HAY" WHICH IS REAL INDIAN FOR HOW ARE YOU?

That I know. I'm one of those big ol' country boys from PNG. ;D And that has been beneficial throughout life.

NDN X

100+ Posts
Something I thought about, and maybe it has been mentioned before, where is the home concession stand going to be located? The same spot? or more in the middle of the stands? Haven't gone back to the plans to see, just thought someone would know. :popcorn:

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
IndianFan said:
No clue. However, even though the visitors side has been around a few decades, it still seats around 5,000. Not bad for a high school stadium and no team other than Nederland even comes close to filling it.

Visitors will enjoy large restroom and concession facilities. And a better entrance.

It depends on whos hot when they come into town, Lumberton just about filled it last year.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
NDN X said:
Something I thought about, and maybe it has been mentioned before, where is the home concession stand going to be located? The same spot? or more in the middle of the stands? Haven't gone back to the plans to see, just thought someone would know. :popcorn:

Directly under the stands.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDN X said:

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I was surprised that during these last 2 rainy days, that some brick work was accomplished on the home side. They were also unloading new steel during the driving rain. My guess is that bundles on the roof of the visitors restrooms are roofing panels. At least things are being accomplished on days when I thought none would happen.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Friday had the most workers we've seen in a while. Great progress on brick work and the first walking level of the stadium is in. In the press box we can now see part of the stair between the two levels along with a walkway with stairs from the bottom level of the press box to the top level of the stands. I always see electricians heading into the visitors new buildings.....wish we knew how they are progressing? This was a good day.

NDN X

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
NDN X said:

Thanks! I missed your reply until today.....I also saw some panels going in the stands on the field house end. Getting closer!!!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
There are advantages to driving by the stadium almost every day taking pictures. While taking a shot thru the fence, I was approached by a construction hand. After introductions, the construction supervisor invited me in to take.......the tour ! ! ! Folks, we are not getting a bare bones stadium. What we are getting a huge, beautiful and awesome facility. The supervisor said that crews should shortly be in stalling HEATING and A/C on the visitors side. Then they would move to the home side. The panels they've been installing these last few days are to catch anything falling or dripping onto us as we walk under the stands or the concourse. He once went to the lower level of the press box and before returning.....stopped to look. He said the view was amazing. Folks......our concession stand is huge ! ! ! ! As I was leaving, I noticed something about the seats. They are curved....not flat. He said "they should be.....very comfortable. What we are getting......is.....wonderful.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores