Legacy Game Videos

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Each week a new game video of past PN-G games will be added to the YouTube channel. Don't forget to like the video and subscribe to the channel.

First up, two 1955 games featuring the Touchdown Twins, Gordon LeBoeuf and Bobby LaBorde. Back when the Indian offense looked a lot like modern day Liberty Hill. If you're curious about who the players are, go over to the All-Time Varsity Roster and select 1955.

The film quality of these games is sketchy but it's still enjoyable to visit the past and watch the second state championship year of the Port Neches Indians.

1955 AAA Quarterfinal (No audio)

1955 AAA Semifinal (With Commentary)

NHSBulldogFan

These look like 16mm Films not 8mm...I also found this clip while doing research at the University of North Texas its the only footage I've found of the 1955 finals vs. Garland

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
These look like 16mm Films not 8mm...I also found this clip while doing research at the University of North Texas its the only footage I've found of the 1955 finals vs. Garland

Great stuff. Outstanding video quality considering the age of it.

rush

Although I know it didn't turn out so well for the Indians, I would still like to see the game films of PNG vs Lincoln for 1971 and 1972. Even if someone had recorded them from the stands would be great!

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
Although I know it didn't turn out so well for the Indians, I would still like to see the game films of PNG vs Lincoln for 1971 and 1972. Even if someone had recorded them from the stands would be great!
Beau Freyou, the guy who created the Glory Trails DVD. apparently has some film from the 1971 Lincoln game because the famous Bergeron run down of Joe Washington is on that DVD. Unfortunately I lost contact with Beau several years ago, but I'm trying to reconnect with him on Facebook. I have no idea if a film of the 1972 game exists. Not sure if I would even want to watch it again - it was a crushing defeat. I was at the game and I still don't know how we lost.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Washington brothers were a nemesis. Joe in '71 and Kenny in '72.

In '72 the Indians returned 9 defensive starters. That along with a potent offense led by The Jet was a great team.

rush

Beau Freyou, the guy who created the Glory Trails DVD. apparently has some film from the 1971 Lincoln game because the famous Bergeron run down of Joe Washington is on that DVD. Unfortunately I lost contact with Beau several years ago, but I'm trying to reconnect with him on Facebook. I have no idea if a film of the 1972 game exists. Not sure if I would even want to watch it again - it was a crushing defeat. I was at the game and I still don't know how we lost.
I did watch Glory Trails. I forgot there were these clips in it. Also, the great 1971 PNG-TJ game had clips in there also. So, someone has these films. And maybe more. We need to find these people and get these films on the "legacy game videos" forum. I'm still digging.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that it is known that some game videos were damaged and thrown away, and others were permanently ’borrowed’ over the years.

If the old game video was not bundled with the Astrodomain offering from the district years ago, it may not exist.

rush

Keep in mind that it is known that some game videos were damaged and thrown away, and others were permanently ’borrowed’ over the years.

If the old game video was not bundled with the Astrodomain offering from the district years ago, it may not exist.
Oh, no doubt about some being "borrowed." Those are the people that we need to reach out to to get those on this website. They may have not thought about contacting this website and/or putting them on the internet.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I have an easy process to convert to digital and publish on the pngindians.com associated YouTube channel for eternity. If you track any down let me know.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores