Looks like this board might get read a little.........

akifan94

500+ Posts
I was just told that due to the "misunderstanding" that led to a non vote from one member there will be a meeting Wednesday to re-vote on the teacher / coach. Seems there is some clarity now. Better late than never I guess. Let's see how this one plays out. I have a feeling it will be a little more positive for Coach Faircloth.

N

NDNPARENT

i heard that the board members had some question about the position and Keith and Faircloth were not at the meeting to answer them therefore it was voted down untill they get the answers to their question. Also it was a last minute request that they did not have time to get all the information that they wanted. Glad that we have a board that is not so quick on making decision without all the facts provided. Smart busineess. They have alot of money to deal with and havbe to make sure it is spent wisely or we will be in a defiect that we do not want to be in! I for one do not want my taxes to go up! Whatever decision that the board make we should respect their decison and if you do not agree then ask the board members the reson they went against it. Beter to get the answers from teh horses mouths than start making rumors! too many rumors on here and it cause a fight and hard feelings.

akifan94

500+ Posts
PNG82 said:
i heard that the board members had some question about the position and Keith and Faircloth were not at the meeting to answer them therefore it was voted down untill they get the answers to their question. Also it was a last minute request that they did not have time to get all the information that they wanted. Glad that we have a board that is not so quick on making decision without all the facts provided. Smart busineess. They have alot of money to deal with and havbe to make sure it is spent wisely or we will be in a defiect that we do not want to be in! I for one do not want my taxes to go up! Whatever decision that the board make we should respect their decison and if you do not agree then ask the board members the reson they went against it. Beter to get the answers from teh horses mouths than start making rumors! too many rumors on here and it cause a fight and hard feelings.

Fair enough but 3 board members were ok with it and three were not. There must have been some comfort level there. Either way it looks to be on the schedule to look at again.

png fan for life

Please everyone if you have time make this board meeting and show your support for Faircloth. I believe this man needs to see the community behind him and the Board really needs to see it.

Torino

500+ Posts
PNG82 said:
What rumor? It is no rumor that 4 board members did not vote to fill the coaching vacancy.
The discussion at the meeting centered around saving money. Keith and Faircloth being absent wasn't an issue.
Also, the Superintendent of Schools was present and made the recommendation that already had the endorsement of the HS Principal and AD. This was a routine decision.
I'd respect the people involved more if they just said "Yes, I think it was the best decision" rather than hiding behind "I didn't understand" and "Although I didn't ask for it at the time I really needed more information."

png73

I believe Board members are given information about personnel that are going to be recommended a few days before the meeting. If they had a question why didn't they ask before the meeting? The position had been posted for quite some time. If they had questions, why didn't they ask when it was posted?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG82 said:

More double standards... And once again, this message board is not the issue so implying that is pointless.

Valid reasons have been provided for every concern voiced here and previous topics. They are NOT rumors. Any discontent is with actions affecting one of the best head coaches in the state. No one is going to stand by and take the chance of that happening. So any one who wants to keep brushing off these concerns as ridiculous, you're not going to win that battle.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
To bad this message board wasn't here before Malone was ran off, the outcome may have been different.
This is a great public forum were all the community can voice there concerns.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
If the board members had some concerns about the position and a last minute request that they didn't have information about, then there is a parlimentary procedure that should have been followed. The issue should never have even been voted on. The proper procedure would have been to "lay the issue on the table" for review at the next meeting. Why would board members automatically vote "no" without having all of the facts laid out in front of them? That is purely assinine.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
PNG82....come on man! This is people trying to cover their collective butts. What do you not understand about a coach getting promoted (Ciegelski) and needing to fill his position on the coaching staff? If $5000 is going to put us in a deficit, then we are in BIG trouble...Plus this is money that was already being spent, no additional funds are needed. I am getting sick of you getting on here and treating people like they are stupid by dismissing all this as rumors and he said/she said. I think most thinking people can look at what has been on this board, use common sense, put 2 and 2 together and figure out that their are people that are screwing with Coach Faircloth. I will not stand for it! They can play school board politics with each other all they want, but when you start messing with my coach, I will get involved. I would not waste my valuable time on rumors and hearsay.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
akifan94 said:
I was just told that due to the "misunderstanding" that led to a non vote from one member there will be a meeting Wednesday to re-vote on the teacher / coach. Seems there is some clarity now. Better late than never I guess. Let's see how this one plays out. I have a feeling it will be a little more positive for Coach Faircloth.
png fan for life said:
Please everyone if you have time make this board meeting and show your support for Faircloth. I believe this man needs to see the community behind him and the Board really needs to see it.

Yes. everyone who supports Coach Faircloth needs to show up at West Groves at 6pm on Wednesday. I heard through someone I know in the PNG teaching community that both Walters and Balsamo are using facebook to get as many teachers there as possible. They are misleading the teachers by telling them that the vote is on getting an "additional" coach. Talk about misleading people! A very clear message needs to be sent Wednesday night.

png fan for life

It's good to see the word is catching on. Fans and alumni spread the word and start attending our board meetings. Show your support for our new Coach and his staff. Believe me Brandon needs to know the community is behind him!

N

NDNPARENT

NDNROCKS .. you have a problem with someone messing with your coach? I have a problem with poeple over spending my tax dollars. The PNGISD is funded by the public money not an individiaul owner! unlike most of you, it is not all about football, i have an open mind and sensible thinking when it comes to spending money that we are funding, have you looked at our spending ? there number one job is to have a functional PUBLIC school and give the kids an education! The sports side of it is secondary. You do not spend money on the sports and then take the leftovers and pay the bills, salaires, etc. IMHO no matter what the board does if it is not sports releated most you you will belly ache and whine .

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The football program at PN-G more than pays for itself. The revenues generated by the PN-G football program more than pay for its existence. The truth be told, it is the football program that generates funds for the other sports. The interest in football created the PN-G Booster Club (thank the Lord, finally). From the Booster Club comes funds for all sports to share and enjoy. Heck, the Booster Club is willing to help any PN-G student group; not just sports. They are trying to create an atmosphere for success for all PN-G students; not just sports. But, again, it stems from the tremendous interest and pride in the PN-G football program. If PN-GISD is running a deficit, it is not because of the football program, the coaching staff, or items needed for sports. Perhaps other non-revenue areas need to be evaluated. If a coach was promoted to administration, then why not replace that coach? If he or she teaches a math or science discipline/subject, then all the better. Why vote against that?

Seems to me that by allowing the issue to be re-evaluated at another board meeting means that more discussion will result and perhaps with more information, the board will pass the measure? Taking one's time and acting prudent does not, in my book, mean a board member is anti-athletics or that he or she does not want what is best for the ISD. Now, if a board member has a bias against Coach Faircloth or has an agenda to obstruct what Coach Faircloth and his staff are trying to accomplish, then that is a problem that needs to be discussed in an open forum for the entire community to debate and decide. Those that harbor ill feelings because the old regime was replaced, time to move on.

Just my 0.02 cents. Let's all pull the wagon in the same direction.

Go Indians. Peace.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Well said 1989NDN...PNG82...What part of this don't you understand?1) We are not creating a new position, only filling a vacant one.2) The school district HAS NO CHOICE but to hire a science teacher.3)The additional stipend is $5000...$5000 that had been being paid to Coach Ciegelski..no additional money spent.4)Football MAKES MONEY for the district.5) The booster club has WAY offset the cost of the stipend for a coach..the booster club Coach Faircloth made happen.

I find it incredible in a $40 million plus budget that you are worried about a coaching stipend breaking the bank. why don't you give everyone a breakdown on the other $40 million dollars since you seem so concerned about the budget. Some pretty meaty "leftovers" to use your term. It is ridiculous for you to state such garbage. I am pro all things PNG... Academic, athletic,band..you name it. It is very ignorant to think that because people support the football team, they don't care about academics. Most people in this community care about the whole school.

N

NDNPARENT

1989NDN VERY WELL WRITTEN AND IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NDNROCKS44 ... NO ILL FEELING WITH YOU.. I SUPPORT EVERYTHING PNG FROM SCHOOL PLAYS, TO THE SPORTS, I WORK WITH THE PTA SELLING THINGS , PROJECT GRAD. , AND THE BOOSTER CLUB. AM A MEMBER AND PROUND TO BE A MEMBER.. JUST DO NOT LIKE PPL FINGER POINTING AND BASHING OTHERES FOR THEIR OPINION.. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT I DID ANY PERSONAL ATTACK ON THE FORMER OR PRESENT BOARD MEMBERS, AND I DO NOT BELIEVE I HAVE ATTACKED ANYONE HERE.. IF I DID THEY I AM SORRY FOR THAT..

IT IS TIME FOR US TO LET BYGONE BE BYGONE AND MOVE ON TO BETTER THINGS! THE BOARD IS NO DIFFERENT THAN OUR TEXAS GOVERMENT AND THE NATIONAL GOVERMENT MAKING DECISION THAT SOMEON WILL NOT LIKE OR LIKE. IF I DID NOT CARE ABOUT PNG INTEREST THENI WOULD NOT BE MAKING A POST ON HERE..

LIKE I SAID BEFORE IN ANOTHER THREAD I AM EXCITED ABOUTG FAIRCLOTH CAUSE IT REMINDS ME WHEN HAD THE RUNS OF PLAYOFFS IN THE 70' THAT GOT THE WHOLE COMMMUNITY EXCITED. SO LETS MOVE AND AND THE LAST ONE OUT OF TOWN TURN THE LIGHTS OUT!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG82 said:
1989NDN VERY WELL WRITTEN AND IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NDNROCKS44 ... NO ILL FEELING WITH YOU.. I SUPPORT EVERYTHING PNG FROM SCHOOL PLAYS, TO THE SPORTS, I WORK WITH THE PTA SELLING THINGS , PROJECT GRAD. , AND THE BOOSTER CLUB. AM A MEMBER AND PROUND TO BE A MEMBER.. JUST DO NOT LIKE PPL FINGER POINTING AND BASHING OTHERES FOR THEIR OPINION.. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT I DID ANY PERSONAL ATTACK ON THE FORMER OR PRESENT BOARD MEMBERS, AND I DO NOT BELIEVE I HAVE ATTACKED ANYONE HERE.. IF I DID THEY I AM SORRY FOR THAT..

IT IS TIME FOR US TO LET BYGONE BE BYGONE AND MOVE ON TO BETTER THINGS! THE BOARD IS NO DIFFERENT THAN OUR TEXAS GOVERMENT AND THE NATIONAL GOVERMENT MAKING DECISION THAT SOMEON WILL NOT LIKE OR LIKE. IF I DID NOT CARE ABOUT PNG INTEREST THENI WOULD NOT BE MAKING A POST ON HERE..

LIKE I SAID BEFORE IN ANOTHER THREAD I AM EXCITED ABOUTG FAIRCLOTH CAUSE IT REMINDS ME WHEN HAD THE RUNS OF PLAYOFFS IN THE 70' THAT GOT THE WHOLE COMMMUNITY EXCITED. SO LETS MOVE AND AND THE LAST ONE OUT OF TOWN TURN THE LIGHTS OUT!

PNG82, you have indeed been a very active critic. Here's one reminder among many. http://www.boards.pngindians.com/index.php/topic,408.0.html

Apathy and sticking one's head in the sand is not a resolution to anything. Rather than move on, it's time to stand guard. I don't know how many times people have to repeat this for you to understand, but there ARE problems perceived by interested parties. Do you understand what that means?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
PNG82 said:

PNG82, you have indeed been a very active critic. Here's one reminder among many. http://www.boards.pngindians.com/index.php/topic,408.0.html

Apathy and sticking one's head in the sand is not a resolution to anything. Rather than move on, it's time to stand guard. I don't know how many times people have to repeat this for you to understand, but there ARE problems perceived by interested parties. Do you understand what that means?

Wow Indianfan, I forgot about that old thread where MightyNDNS (aka NDNS81 aka Melaine Miller AND CURRENT PNG SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER) was calling the board the three stooges. Also including in the slamming of the board was no other than PNG82 and our very own Mrs. Squaw. Maybe some of the old board needs to file a slander suit against one of these 3........hahahaha GEEZ, what a bunch of 2 faced hypocrites, and to thank one of them is overseeing our School district. Everyone needs to click on that link and read what Mrs. Miller (AKA MightyNDNS, NDNS81) thinks about some current board members.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Please explain to me how filling a position we had last year would be financially irresponsible? It would be different if we were cutting teacher only jobs to build some mega football staff. This is not what is going on. When someone leaves a job at your work place do you replace them with someone that can only do half the job?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores