Looks like this board might get read a little.........

Oldschool

Like IndianFan said we need to take up arms against all attacks towards faircloth. This is an issue that is happening right now and needs to be smothered so we can keep him here. The people who are telling everyone to just let this blow over are foolish. You can't just look the other way when something like this is going on. Stop being ignorant and face the facts.

Oldschool

Fairlane

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
IndianFan said:
PNG82 said:
1989NDN VERY WELL WRITTEN AND IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NDNROCKS44 ... NO ILL FEELING WITH YOU.. I SUPPORT EVERYTHING PNG FROM SCHOOL PLAYS, TO THE SPORTS, I WORK WITH THE PTA SELLING THINGS , PROJECT GRAD. , AND THE BOOSTER CLUB. AM A MEMBER AND PROUND TO BE A MEMBER.. JUST DO NOT LIKE PPL FINGER POINTING AND BASHING OTHERES FOR THEIR OPINION.. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT I DID ANY PERSONAL ATTACK ON THE FORMER OR PRESENT BOARD MEMBERS, AND I DO NOT BELIEVE I HAVE ATTACKED ANYONE HERE.. IF I DID THEY I AM SORRY FOR THAT..

IT IS TIME FOR US TO LET BYGONE BE BYGONE AND MOVE ON TO BETTER THINGS! THE BOARD IS NO DIFFERENT THAN OUR TEXAS GOVERMENT AND THE NATIONAL GOVERMENT MAKING DECISION THAT SOMEON WILL NOT LIKE OR LIKE. IF I DID NOT CARE ABOUT PNG INTEREST THENI WOULD NOT BE MAKING A POST ON HERE..

LIKE I SAID BEFORE IN ANOTHER THREAD I AM EXCITED ABOUTG FAIRCLOTH CAUSE IT REMINDS ME WHEN HAD THE RUNS OF PLAYOFFS IN THE 70' THAT GOT THE WHOLE COMMMUNITY EXCITED. SO LETS MOVE AND AND THE LAST ONE OUT OF TOWN TURN THE LIGHTS OUT!

PNG82, you have indeed been a very active critic. Here's one reminder among many. http://www.boards.pngindians.com/index.php/topic,408.0.html

Apathy and sticking one's head in the sand is not a resolution to anything. Rather than move on, it's time to stand guard. I don't know how many times people have to repeat this for you to understand, but there ARE problems perceived by interested parties. Do you understand what that means?

Wow Indianfan, I forgot about that old thread where MightyNDNS (aka NDNS81 aka Melaine Miller AND CURRENT PNG SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER) was calling the board the three stooges. Also including in the slamming of the board was no other than PNG82 and our very own Mrs. Squaw. Maybe some of the old board needs to file a slander suit against one of these 3........hahahaha GEEZ, what a bunch of 2 faced hypocrites, and to thank one of them is overseeing our School district. Everyone needs to click on that link and read what Mrs. Miller (AKA MightyNDNS, NDNS81) thinks about some current board members.
I guess the saddest part of the posts on http://www.boards.pngindians.com/index.php/topic,408.0.html
are the disparaging remarks about Harvey Brown either specifically stated or implied by MightyNDNS (Melanie Miller?), YankeeDawg, PNG82, and NDNParent. He died a few months later. Harvey was a man of integrity and convictions. He's definitely missed on the school board as well as in the community. He did not deserve to be ridiculed on this message board after almost 40 years of service to the school district.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
For what it's worth, from a Nederland resident, Coach Faircloth has my full support and sincere wishes for continued success. What he has done at PNG is just amazing. Not only on the field with his great first season record and playoff run, but also seemingly that PNG by and large has gained renewed community spirit and sense of pride. I understand that he is extremely concerned about how his student athletes perform in class as well. That in itself causes me to respect him. I attend church with a number of PNG residents and it seems that they have a revitalized attitude to, as some of you say, "all things PNG". We may be opponents on the athletic field but it is GREAT to see the accomplishments this man has attained and how the effect on the community is so positive. You folks are darn lucky and blessed to have him...don't let the local politics and BS cause him to become disgruntled and wondering whether he made the right move in moving to your school district. IMHO do whatever it takes to keep him where he is.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Don't worry yankeedawg--Indian nation will rise up and smote down the naysayers and keep their Big Chief Faircloth and his tribe of Warrior coaches in place. After all, we still have an attendance record for a state championship football game to break--and Chief Faircloth is the one to lead us on the war path and we will take "NO" prisoners along the way!! :pistols: :pistols:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Please don't forget those of us who did not give up their season tickets and continued to support the team, win or lose. We never lost our sense of community spirit and sense of pride. There are many, many fans like that--you can see them with canes, walkers and wheelchairs trying to get to their seats every game and those who never leave until the clock runs completely out. When Central scored last year and there was only 20 seconds on the clock people began leaving and we told them that we've seen the Indians win in the last 20 seconds several times previously. And some of my friends were calling the next day and saying "you told us so." True Indian fans will support the teams through the good and the bad years, but we are all so excited having Coach Faircloth because we want a return to the Glory Years of the 70's. Times were fun, weren't they PNG79?

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
akifan..you are right, there are a lot of people that look at this board and a lot of people who never had before. I say this because I talked to an older gentleman and avid PNG supporter about what is being exposed on this message board. He served with Mr. Brown "way back in the day". He has been looking at this board, putting two and two together and shared some VERY interesting things with me. He told me that Mr. Brown was very instrumental in helping Brad Burnett with his political career and had supported him throughout the years. He said he was very disturbed by some things that happened shortly after Mr Brown's death concerning Brad Burnett's support of Balsamo for school board AGAINST Mr Brown's wife, Barbara. He said at the time he couldn't understand why Brad Burnett would turn against them after all those years that they had been allies. He said now that he has seen Balsamo oppose Coach Faircloth on several issues and has read the things that have been posted on this site, he is convinced that this is indeed a payback for the reassignment of Matt Burnett. There are a lot of eyes on this board right now and a lot of eyes on this school board.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
PNG82 said:
1989NDN VERY WELL WRITTEN AND IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NDNROCKS44 ... NO ILL FEELING WITH YOU.. I SUPPORT EVERYTHING PNG FROM SCHOOL PLAYS, TO THE SPORTS, I WORK WITH THE PTA SELLING THINGS , PROJECT GRAD. , AND THE BOOSTER CLUB. AM A MEMBER AND PROUND TO BE A MEMBER.. JUST DO NOT LIKE PPL FINGER POINTING AND BASHING OTHERES FOR THEIR OPINION.. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT I DID ANY PERSONAL ATTACK ON THE FORMER OR PRESENT BOARD MEMBERS, AND I DO NOT BELIEVE I HAVE ATTACKED ANYONE HERE.. IF I DID THEY I AM SORRY FOR THAT..

IT IS TIME FOR US TO LET BYGONE BE BYGONE AND MOVE ON TO BETTER THINGS! THE BOARD IS NO DIFFERENT THAN OUR TEXAS GOVERMENT AND THE NATIONAL GOVERMENT MAKING DECISION THAT SOMEON WILL NOT LIKE OR LIKE. IF I DID NOT CARE ABOUT PNG INTEREST THENI WOULD NOT BE MAKING A POST ON HERE..

LIKE I SAID BEFORE IN ANOTHER THREAD I AM EXCITED ABOUTG FAIRCLOTH CAUSE IT REMINDS ME WHEN HAD THE RUNS OF PLAYOFFS IN THE 70' THAT GOT THE WHOLE COMMMUNITY EXCITED. SO LETS MOVE AND AND THE LAST ONE OUT OF TOWN TURN THE LIGHTS OUT!

PNG82, you have indeed been a very active critic. Here's one reminder among many. http://www.boards.pngindians.com/index.php/topic,408.0.html

Apathy and sticking one's head in the sand is not a resolution to anything. Rather than move on, it's time to stand guard. I don't know how many times people have to repeat this for you to understand, but there ARE problems perceived by interested parties. Do you understand what that means?

Hey IndianFan, look at this quote from MightyNDNS. It appears that someone isn't heeding her own advice:

"They are mearly representatives of the people of Port Neches and Groves, nothing more. They come from all aspects of the community and are not Gods. So why the power trip?"

Ms. Miller, you are "merely" a representative of the people. At least, that is what you said 2 years ago. Live up to your own words. I challenge you, and all of your cohorts to put the personal agendas aside, and do what is in the best interest of the district.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Squaw--it was really a special time during the 70's. Every decade has had it's period of excitement concerning Indian football. That being said, I believe we are going to witness THE MOST EXCITING TIME IN PN-G HISTORY now and in the next few years ahead. Coach Faircloth and his staff have a great plan in place and will lead these Indians to record levels of achievement.These players truly believe in their coaches and the system they are teaching and feel like they can accomplish anything--and that's how they should feel.When it's all said and done, I think this will be considered the greatest era of PN-G football ever--IMHO!!

akifan94

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
akifan..you are right, there are a lot of people that look at this board and a lot of people who never had before. I say this because I talked to an older gentleman and avid PNG supporter about what is being exposed on this message board. He served with Mr. Brown "way back in the day". He has been looking at this board, putting two and two together and shared some VERY interesting things with me. He told me that Mr. Brown was very instrumental in helping Brad Burnett with his political career and had supported him throughout the years. He said he was very disturbed by some things that happened shortly after Mr Brown's death concerning Brad Burnett's support of Balsamo for school board AGAINST Mr Brown's wife, Barbara. He said at the time he couldn't understand why Brad Burnett would turn against them after all those years that they had been allies. He said now that he has seen Balsamo oppose Coach Faircloth on several issues and has read the things that have been posted on this site, he is convinced that this is indeed a payback for the reassignment of Matt Burnett. There are a lot of eyes on this board right now and a lot of eyes on this school board.

Exactly. It all boils down to politics and personal paybacks.

Oldschool

That's is interesting information about Brad Burnett. I remember seeing him at ridgewood elementary talking and handing out little leaflets for Rodney balsamo. To forget your ties so easily is tragic and shows that he is too full of himself if he is able to forget old friends so easily

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Allowing personal reasons to affect the school district is a disgrace to the school and community.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Oldschool said:
That's is interesting information about Brad Burnett. I remember seeing him at ridgewood elementary talking and handing out little leaflets for Rodney balsamo. To forget your ties so easily is tragic and shows that he is too full of himself if he is able to forget old friends so easily
And this info is totally incorrect. Brad was passing out leaflets at Ridgewood, but they were for his own campaign. Otherwise, he would be breaking the law and Brad is not that kind of person. Shame on you! This is how rumors get started.

mdog

One thing about balsomo voting his concerns about the ticket sells appear to be right. I believe the overwelming ticket sells have fell short of the guaranteed expectations. Maybe the big push will prove me wrong, but can you see maybe just maybe the concerns of not selling out the tickets and the cost of some things being placed on the individuals. I don't think the refineries planned on paying the cost for all supporting parties(BAND, INDIANETTES,TWIRLERS,SPONSERS) Maybe Mr. Balsomo was correct on voting his convictions. Or is everyone just leaving their head in the sand and can only believe that there is a big push by a certain few that means if someone does not vote a certain way means there is a conspiracy going on. The only way to move things along and get pass all of the he says or she says is to talk with the individuals in a civil manner and see what their reasons for voting certain ways. Maybe there is some things going on behind closed doors. And those things may or may not be exactly what most would want to hear.

Oldschool

I know for a fact that he was passing out and showing his support for Rodney Balsamo. I was walking in and stopped to talk to Brad and he handed me a leaflet for Balsamo. I was not very informed on the candidates i was voting for, i assumed that Brad was a pretty stand up guy and that if he endorsed someone that i would be able to trust that support. I know what happened so Squaw don't get all butt hurt because you hold Brad Burnett on a pedestal. Don't call me out for being a liar for what I experienced. Also don't try to play the whole we have supported PNG through the tough years card. I have been a PNG fan from the age of four and made every game possible, never left a game until the last Cherokee was played. I bled and sweat for PNG during the rough years. Most people on this board have supported PNG for a long time and made most game if not all since becoming fans, so you are preaching to the choir. The great thing is that the new board members have shown their true colors and people will not stand for it. They will have to tread lightly if they want to stand a chance for re-election. Squaw please feel free not to reply. Thanks

Oldschool
:eek:ld:

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I know a few people on this board and exactly 100% of the people I know are avid Indians and have always been at the games if possible. We used to set together for many years.

C

curiousfan

I know for a fact that Balsamo did not have any leaflets printed to be handed out at the polls. If in fact Burnett was handing something out he must have had them printed himself. I don't doubt that he supported Balsamo but the leaflet issue has me curious. Ridgewood? I wonder why there since both elections that Balsamo was involved in the voting was done at City Hall in Port Neches and the Curriculum Center in Groves. I am not calling anyone a liar, I am just a bit confused. :huh:

mdog...I agree with you 100%. Great post.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores