MidCounty Madness Tickets

nissanindian

100+ Posts
which is understandable with the new seating in our stadium we have extra season ticket holders but still its the whole 2300 tickets that get me hopefully ndn79 is right and this is all a big misunderstanding

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
nissanindian said:
which is understandable with the new seating in our stadium we have extra season ticket holders but still its the whole 2300 tickets that get me hopefully ndn79 is right and this is all a big misunderstanding

I think that was just for the reserved seating but I could be wrong but I don't think so. I got general admission tickets since I picked up my season tickets late.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Cheermom4 said:
nissanindian said:

I think that was just for the reserved seating but I could be wrong but I don't think so. I got general admission tickets since I picked up my season tickets late.

+1

nissanndnwife

I love nissanindian
Lamar stadium would be a great place for MCM....I would not mind at all paying more for the tickets and I'm sure many others would agree...we need to see how we can make this happen

bandkid

Staff member
Do we really want to move it to Lamar? It's unfortunate for everyone who can't get into Nederland's stadium this year and I feel for them - I really do - but if we move it to Lamar, it will probably always be at Lamar. I don't think Nederland will be willing to have the game at Lamar only when it's a home game for them, if they're willing to move it there to begin with. Moving the game to Lamar would deprive us of having the game here, and there is no experience on this earth quite like Mid-County Madness when it's at the Reservation. 16,000 fans jam-packed into Indian Stadium and the area immediately surrounding it... do we really want to give that up?

Hopefully, this is just a misunderstanding. Nederland has one of the bigger stadiums in the area and, to my knowledge, this is the first time we've had an issue with its seating capacity.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
Do we really want to move it to Lamar? It's unfortunate for everyone who can't get into Nederland's stadium this year and I feel for them - I really do - but if we move it to Lamar, it will probably always be at Lamar. I don't think Nederland will be willing to have the game at Lamar only when it's a home game for them, if they're willing to move it there to begin with. Moving the game to Lamar would deprive us of having the game here, and there is no experience on this earth quite like Mid-County Madness when it's at the Reservation. 16,000 fans jam-packed into Indian Stadium and the area immediately surrounding it... do we really want to give that up?

Hopefully, this is just a misunderstanding. Nederland has one of the bigger stadiums in the area and, to my knowledge, this is the first time we've had an issue with its seating capacity.

Agreed, there is no other place than the Reservation or Nederland stadium.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I for 1 would not want it at Lamar. I like the home/home situation. I'm sure more tickets will surface. I think that they only sold tickets to reserved folks, and the balance will surface the week of the game.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
bandkid said:

Yes there is nothing exciting about this game if it is played at Lamar. Sorry, I love the REZ and MCM, wouldn't want to give that up for anything.

Agreed, there is no other place than the Reservation or Nederland stadium.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax. I really don't believe we only got 2600 tickets. Drive by their stadium..there visitors stands are comparable to ours. I always buy my season tickets early when we play ned at home and as long as Livingston is in our district, I will buy those away tickets early. I have no problem playing at Lamar, it would be a playoff atmosphere and I am sure we could pack the stands and overflow onto the hills. If the coaches couldn't agree on LU, how about having it on Saturday and televising it for folks that can't get tickets or are unable to go? Fox will start televising games on Saturday this season, including PNG at Ozen, so lets look into that. I hope all you guys get tickets this year.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
My ex wasn't able to pick his tickets up until the Thursday of the week tickets went on sale to the season ticket holders. All of the reserved tickets that had been sent over were gone. He did get GA tickets and will get there early and get in line to get a seat.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Keeping it home and home is definitely the way to go, Just invested in a nice stadium, use it. Many speak of "tradition", this is definitely one that should remain. MCM has always been a prized ticket and (hopefully) it always will be.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I've done a bit of research and from what I've found to be true is that PNGISD has been trying for yrs. to get Ned to give us more reserved tickets, but they won't budge. So, what we get is all that we get. It's very unfortunate, but true, that some of our season ticket holders will, in fact, not get tickets to the game. It's my understanding that all of the tickets are gone.
Who knows, maybe the same holds true for the Ned fans when it's held at the REZ? I can't see Ned adding on to their visitors side, just for 1 game every 2 yrs. They would never recoup their money.
As far as Lamar, both Ned & PNG approached Lamar years ago about holding the game there for 2 yrs. on a trial basis, and LU was going to rape us. So, why hold it there, if we net less money than if we held it at home??? Football is our biggest sports money maker by far, and no other game pays like MCM, so we don't need to give that $$ to another entity.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
I brought 3 new season tickets the last day they could be brought (no line when I went). I also got 3 GA tickets for the Ned game. The ticket seller only had a handful left but at least there were still some GA tickets available that last day.

ga tickets were on sale for the public they had things on this site saying it and everything...should of camped out there...the game is sold out

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
I only reported what I was told Tuesday morning by the lady (not professional and not personable) from the ticket office. Since some of you find it hard to believe that the PNG side is sold out, I encourage at least one of you to call the ticket office and see if you receive the same information as I did.

I understand that season tickets are the way to go. In years past tickets for this game were not a problem for me because I had season tickets were available to me but that may not be the case this year. I also understand the concept of waiting in line, etc. I would venture a guess that not even all season tickets holders were able to obtain tickets to this game due to the nature of hype, bragging rights, rivelry, etc. and I for one will be better prepared next year.

I think the problem, in part, is the fact that the general public was not informed of the "general" admission ticket sales for this game. Any tickets over and above the 2300 "reserved" tickets would have been considered "general" admission available to all fans, except all fans were not informed of the sale. Had the general public and all season ticket holders been informed of general admission sales, the line would have reached from here to Beaumont.

Perhaps the bigger problem I have is the way the folks in the ticket office seem to sell the tickets the way they want to and make the rules or policy as they go. This game is not the exception. I heard a story before the Alamodome game that a season ticket holder (with 4 season tickets) only needed to purchase 3 tickets for the GP game. The lady in the ticket office refused to sell the person only 3 tickets. The person was told that they would have to purchase 4 tickets for that game (which they did). :crazy: Now that being said, if that were the "rule" or "policy" all the time, I also know of a lady who has 20 season tickets and only bought 4 for the Nederland game. Had the "rule" or "policy" been applied consistantly, she would have been required to purchase 20 tickets for the Nederland game. Therefore I have to say that it appears that the ticket office makes the rules as they go or is using selective inforcement of whatever the last rule was and depending on which side of the bed they got out of that particular morning. We have had problems with the ticket office in the past and this game is not the exception.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
Indiansalltheway said:
ga tickets were on sale for the public they had things on this site saying it and everything...should of camped out there...the game is sold out
I reviewed the site regarding 2010 ticket sales. I could have missed it but I did not see anything about general admission sales to this game.

For those interested, looks like we have 4,500 reserved seats in our stadium. I did see that on 8-5-10 we had over 4,000 reserved tickets sold this year with only 200+ left available. AWESOME.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Indiansalltheway said:

What an insensitive way to put it. You can't use this site to justify whether tickets were being sold to the public because this site is not an "official" site for PNG. So your claim is mute.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Ok....I'm gonna see if I can clear this up a little. I got season tickets for the first time 2 yrs ago and MCM was in Ned. When I got my tickets I was told all reserved was gone and all they had was gen admit. The reason for this because we have more season ticket holders than the amt of reserved seats at ned stadium so to try and ensure our season ticket holders get a ticket Ned had to give us Gen Admit tickets too...so when all the reserved are gone they have to overflow into Gen Admit. Now, I think this yr tons of people got season tickets and we simply sold all the MCM tickets they gave us. I really think there will be more released for gen public. There were NO advanced sales to gen public...ONLY season ticket holders! The reason this hasn't happened until recently is because our new stadium is bigger with more season ticket holders. I hope this made sense and clears up some of the confusion.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I'm sure the Nederland side is also sold out. But you never know. Maybe calling Nederlands ticket office would help. If they do have some tickets left then that could be a in road there. I hate the fact that Nederlands visitor side is smaller than what we bring.

If anyone on here in the next few weeks knows they are not going to be able to go to MCM then post your tickets here for those fans who do want to go !

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores