I am a hobbyist statement analysis enthusiast
(Not an expert by any means)
But the LC coach was telling his fan base to expect a loss this week
Us by 3 scores

Reactions: Rez

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
He also seems to have no concern with playing the game in Port Neches.

One thing going for the Indians D, they do know how to intercept passes. And they do know how to pressure a QB. LC better be careful.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
When PN-G gets a shot at the QB, the Indians need to get him on the ground. When he scrambles, he dangerous. He finds the open WR and thorws darts. I still say the Indians need to tell the OL to take over the game. Grind out drives and score. Keep Morcos and Byars on the sidelines. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we turned into Vidor and Liberty Hill and we didn't throw a pass. Just run, run, run some more, and then...run it some more. Let the big guys upfront control the tempo. Hang on to the ball and grind it out. Whatever gets the OL fired up, do it. Get those guys to play with a nasty kick ass attitude and let them lead us to a win. I believe in our coaching staff and kids. They will find a way to put PN-G on top. Whenever challenged by SOC, FBM, LP, MLC, Huntsville, Liberty Hill, etc., they find a way to put PN-G in position to get a win. GO INDIANS!

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes, I heard that too, but if he qualified it with "on offense", then I missed that part. My guess is that he's referring to the last two seasons, when on 2nd and short, or 3rd, or goal line, where Shea and the O-Line would just push the ball where ever they wanted, even when the whole wide world knew what was coming. The only team that defended that play consistently was FBM, IMO.

Or perhaps he's comparing last season's D to this season's D, and the points allowed so far. Either way, neither team is the same as last season's teams. It's a new year, new teams, and a new ball game, regardless how often the LC coach speaks of last season's playoff game. But, for that matter, LC's defense ain't the same either, based on what I saw in their game with Magnolia.

He also seems to have no concern with playing the game in Port Neches.

One thing going for the Indians D, they do know how to intercept passes. And they do know how to pressure a QB. LC better be careful.
Compared it to playing at Texas High

NO COMPARISON even though I DO rank THS as the second best home field advantage for two reasons

(Maybe more)
One the distance
It’s probably going to be the farthest destination possible for most teams

And the area used to be super ghetto
(Not as much now)
When I was in college people would say
TEXAS HIGH ??? Our drill team coach wouldn’t let us go there to those away games (haha) it’s also the closest stands to the field you’ll probably ever find.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
This is a game where I wish we still had Charlie Feller. As an OC, he always had a new wrinkle for challenging opponets. Remember when we ran the tush push QB sneak four or five times in a row and then all of a sudden he would line up in the tush push and run a toss sweep or he would motion the formation into a QB/RB option play out of the tush push? Or, he would hide the H-Back and sneak them across the formation for an easy pitch and catch? Or, the sideways throw to the WR who would then step back and throw a bomb? He was so good at setting up plays. He was a creative guy. I hope the new OC learned a few tricks from him and dials them up when we least expect it. Before that...run, run, run, run, and run it some more! Ha-ha.

Rez

When PN-G gets a shot at the QB, the Indians need to get him on the ground. When he scrambles, he dangerous. He finds the open WR and thorws darts. I still say the Indians need to tell the OL to take over the game. Grind out drives and score. Keep Morcos and Byars on the sidelines. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we turned into Vidor and Liberty Hill and we didn't throw a pass. Just run, run, run some more, and then...run it some more. Let the big guys upfront control the tempo. Hang on to the ball and grind it out. Whatever gets the OL fired up, do it. Get those guys to play with a nasty kick ass attitude and let them lead us to a win. I believe in our coaching staff and kids. They will find a way to put PN-G on top. Whenever challenged by SOC, FBM, LP, MLC, Huntsville, Liberty Hill, etc., they find a way to put PN-G in position to get a win. GO INDIANS!
Speaking of passes, I’ve been confused by our timing of pass plays. Against La Porte we passed on a 1st and 5. Why? We were winning the game, and 1st and 5 is perfect for running, and we had four chances to run for 5 yards against a team that hadn’t been stopping us on the ground. Instead, we threw an incompletion and stopped the clock. We could have held the ball for the rest of the quarter if we had wanted.

hookem14

100+ Posts
LC will by no means be a pushover. I believe their QB has committed to Tulsa and their RB has committed to Rice. Lots of talent. Will be a good test. I believe we are up for the challenge!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
He very clearly said we aren't loud.
Part of his preparation strategy is to downplay the strengths of the opponent. Clearly intending to pass that mentality on to his team. Denial might feel good and sound tough, but it seldom works in the real world.

Rise up local PN-G Indian Nation. Pack the house and be loud. Give the LC Lions a proper welcome and game experience.

Read the accolades from opposing coaches at the bottom of this page if you need a reminder of what Indian Stadium is all about.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
An old video captured by a visitor years ago. The quality is poor but the experience is clear.

For anyone who has forgotten, we raised the money here for those original PNG flags. That was before the booster club was reestablished.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Ain't no big thang...but I think the LC coach is gonna get sick of hearing this crowd come Friday night.
That game absolutely overwhelmed and crushed Liberty Hill’s image and spirit. Then the next year they were broken again. This year, they were bailed out of region 2 to reduce the chances of being broken by PN-G a third year in a row. No doubt when the PNG crowd and band really opens up, it’s as good as it gets for high school football.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores