My Take on Game

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I just have to believe that coaching at this level in High School requires a little sense of strategy, which I am completely confident Coach Faircloth and his coaches have. I don't expect them to shoot out the gate, show all the cards and let district teams have weeks of video to study our strengths and weaknesses.

Something tells me that as the weeks go on and we move to district play, these boys will be in it to win it and fighting each and every week to reiterate the fact that PN-G football does not bow down to anyone. If your going to beat us, you'd better bring your A game.

We have been competitive each and every year under Faircloth and I suspect that will not change in 2012 or any year to come. Most of us saw (or listened to) just four quarters of football. Have some respect for these coaches and let them do their jobs. They have been working with these kids for years and know who's time it is to be on the field and who needs more work.

Looking for good things from this years team!

GO NDN's!

Layingemdown

I'm very confused about how some of you say we will fix the arm tackling and secondary play. Some of you act like it has gotten better in the past. I have seen us usually have to out score teams to win, rather than our defense fixing itself. Sorry, I use this site to be real and talk football. I'm not trying to give an inspirational locker room speech as some.....thus the pessimist side from me. We aren't going to out score anyone this year. Plain and simple.

pngdad12

purple3X said:
Finally getting a chance to read through some of your thoughts on the game and as I'm reading I find some jerk that uses a screen name "pngdad12". Don't try to impersonate someone else on this forum or any other forum. You're just trying to start trouble, whoever you are. I can definitely tell you and all the forum who you're not; you're not anyone remotely close to the sophomore or his family (especially his Dad). This family came to PNG and has been welcomed with open arms. So don't come on this website talking smack while intentionally impersonating someone else. "Come on Man!!!"
And not that i should have explain my screen name to ANYONE but i picked PNGDAD12 because i had a son graduate from PNG in the year of 2012! Didn't know it was reserved for only the dad of #12. And i was not trying to come across as someone i am not! END OF STORY! :mad:

Walk14

To PNGDAD12;

Last week I began to receive phone calls from friends who told me that you had gone on another site as a new user using "PNGDAD12". These friends told me that every comment that you posted referenced my son, Ky Walker. After reading your posts it appeared to all of us that you were attempting to create a QB controversy in our community. Earlier today I was advised that you made your first post on this site using the same name. It appears that your posts do create controversy and I have been blamed for those posts. I have no idea if your posts are sincere. If they are then please know that we appreciate your compliments towards Ky. If they are not, please do not post them. I would also ask that if you are truly a sincere poster, please change your user name on both sites. Please know that there is no QB controversy here. AJ is our QB and he has our full support in that role. We also fully support Coach Faircloth in making that decision. I hope that you understand my position.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I just wanted to reiterate on what some others have already posted. Coach Faircloth has stated many times in Booster Club meetings that he does not open up the playbook prior to district. All you're getting at this point are some plays from last year so that he and the coaching staff can further evaluate what needs to be worked on in practice. The real meat of the offense and defense will not come out until district play. Even then, it will be layered in over the weeks to make scouting as ineffectual as possible.

We dominated Silsbee in the first half. In the second half, Silsbee made adjustments and was able to stop us. Is there anyone here that actually believes that Coach Faircloth would not have had something up his sleeve for Silsbee in the second half if this had been a district game?

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I agree. These pre district games are great evaluation tools. Shows what needs to be worked on. Also, BF has always had a very limited set of O plays he uses in the games. Same with stunts and blitz' on the D. I'm glad that the QB thing has been dealt with more. Tired of hearing about it. We have only had one game and it seems AJ has been hung out to dry. Bunch of crap if you ask me. Last year Miller hadn't started in varsity games as a QB. He did great. I also don't feel like people are giving this entire team enough credit. They do have talent and great coaches. Give them time and this entire team will mesh and be a force to deal with in district. The real season don't even start for another 3 weeks. We will have some injured players back before district starts as well. Lets all look for the positives from the Silsbee game and go with that. I know what I saw and what I'm sure the coaches will work on. Give it time, you will see how good these boys actually are.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I read posts on here sometimes about who should play wear and why they are better at that position and wonder if sometimes you think that BF is not in this to win it. No one on here or anywere out there wants to win more than he does. He is the expert and a dang good one at that. Let him do his job he will do his absolute best to put up a W whether it is what we think is best or not. Coach has been second guessed each of the last 3 seasons and proved those doubters wrong.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I challenge all the nay-sayers to join the booster club and come to the meetings! I promise Coach will put your minds at ease!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
I challenge all the nay-sayers to join the booster club and come to the meetings! I promise Coach will put your minds at ease!

$20 is cheap tuition for the football education you will receive at these meetings.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Fans have critiqued coaches and players as long as sports have existed. Goes with the territory. Bottom line, Faircloth is a great coach. PN-G kids are motivated to play hard and win. And PN-G fans are as passionate as any. As with every season before, the rest will play itself out. And every one of us will experience the passion, joy, and sometimes pain of being Indian football fanatics. :thumbsup:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I agree come to the BC meetings with Coach Faircloth. Hear what he has to say and learn more about his program. Besides you will have some fun as well.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
What??? You mean there are some people that DON'T come to the Monday night meetings? WOW! :crazy:
You guys have NO IDEA what you're missing.

Just make the effort 1 time...you'll see. :eek:

bandkid

Staff member
PNG Proud said:
What??? You mean there are some people that DON'T come to the Monday night meetings? WOW! :crazy:
You guys have NO IDEA what you're missing.

Just make the effort 1 time...you'll see. :eek:

For some of us, the commute is just a little too much.... ;D

pngmom4

500+ Posts
The booster club meeting begins at 6 Tuesday night. It wil be followed by Coach and the highlight reel. If you have joined the booster club and would like to, you can join at the meeting. We would love to have each and everyone of you.

BTW, all booster club members are encouraged to attend the box meeting. From now on, all meetings are open to the whole booster club

hpt2012

Hello png faithful. I see they are bashing aj smith. Well some of you are not going to agree with me, but aj has been a qb since coach bf got here and has yet to become the qb everyone expect him to be. I think ky walker should be elevated to start some games this season. Just like I feel other players deserve to be starters instead of being on the bench, but then again this players will not see any playing time due to favoritism and the good old boys politics. That's what happen to my friends son last year. Antonie arvie was one awesome running back just as good if not better than chase Bertrand, taking nothing away from chase, but I feel arvie should of got more playing time but then again arvie he was nobody in the png circles. But I'm glad to hear that uh cougars are giving him a chance to make the team. God bless him. I know Im going to ruff some Indian feather but I think coach bf shown favoritism to some players and I seen that myself. Some parents I talked too don't like his favoritism. But I tell them hey this maybe his last year here. I know the people that for the most part is going to disagree with me is the ones that have there kids starting for coach bf. But I will say this for the most part the majority of the varsity players do deserve to be starters. Wishing the best of luck to the png Indians and hope some of the bench talent find there way to the playing field as well. God bless and good luck guys. Keep your heads up and keep fighting

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
hpt2012 said:
Hello png faithful. I see they are bashing aj smith. Well some of you are not going to agree with me, but aj has been a qb since coach bf got here and has yet to become the qb everyone expect him to be. I think ky walker should be elevated to start some games this season. Just like I feel other players deserve to be starters instead of being on the bench, but then again this players will not see any playing time due to favoritism and the good old boys politics. That's what happen to my friends son last year. Antonie arvie was one awesome running back just as good if not better than chase Bertrand, taking nothing away from chase, but I feel arvie should of got more playing time but then again arvie he was nobody in the png circles. But I'm glad to hear that uh cougars are giving him a chance to make the team. God bless him. I know Im going to ruff some Indian feather but I think coach bf shown favoritism to some players and I seen that myself. Some parents I talked too don't like his favoritism. But I tell them hey this maybe his last year here. I know the people that for the most part is going to disagree with me is the ones that have there kids starting for coach bf. But I will say this for the most part the majority of the varsity players do deserve to be starters. Wishing the best of luck to the png Indians and hope some of the bench talent find there way to the playing field as well. God bless and good luck guys. Keep your heads up and keep fighting

All players deserve to be the starter? You lost all credibility with that statement. Anyone that has ever played on a team, or coached a team at any level knows that isn't the case.

Practically every parent, or close relative, thinks their kid is the victim of favoritism.

hookem14

100+ Posts
hpt2012 said:
If you truly believe that the majority of the varsity players deserve to be starters there is no way you could ever have played a varsity sport……ever!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores