My Take on Game

attakapandn

100+ Posts
it is a shame that grown adults are beating up a kid for playing for his school. I believe everyone of those boys are doing the best they can with the talent they have. i agree everyone can not be a starter, and i do believe the coach does rotate players when somone is winded or whatever reason. I feel for the young men emotions when they read this board and see that ADULTS are putting them down. I can only imagine what it is like in the locker room with the knowledge that they read what is posted on here Talk about shooting down a kid confidence of himself. Got to remember these are 16-18 yr old boys not professionals!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
attakapandn said:
it is a shame that grown adults are beating up a kid for playing for his school. I believe everyone of those boys are doing the best they can with the talent they have. i agree everyone can not be a starter, and i do believe the coach does rotate players when somone is winded or whatever reason. I feel for the young men emotions when they read this board and see that ADULTS are putting them down. I can only imagine what it is like in the locker room with the knowledge that they read what is posted on here Talk about shooting down a kid confidence of himself. Got to remember these are 16-18 yr old boys not professionals!

More exaggerations... No one is beating up a kid. No one thinks they're professionals. But as in life they're expected to perform. Every community that is passionate about football or any activity does the same. Every year. Always have and always will.

Kids today are better able to handle public opinion and pressure. They're not going to be traumatized because a couple of people voice an opinion about the team or a position that they play. They understand the pressure to perform and aren't going to be traumatized for life. If anything a player is going to rise to the occasion.

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
I believe Bf knows what he is doing starting AJ but in warm ups the backup QB was firing that ball and AJ was just floating the ball. Funny thing was that I read that coach should bring up the soph. qb to do what watch? Coach see's something in AJ so we will see. The thing that has got me worried is the size in the backfield and the floating of passes to the wr's

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Doty's first start at QB
11/24 121 yards 1 TD 2 Int (21-20 win over BH at home)

Millers first start against good comp (GP was a young team with little talent)
14/22 130 yards 1 TD 1 Int (29-30 loss to Crosby on the road)

Smith's first start
16/32 162 yards 1 TD 0 Int (21-20 win over Silsbee on the road)

Pulled this from the other site. Maybe this will zip the lip on some who think AJ is so bad. Take a close look. Looks like AJ has done better than what the 2 previous star QB's have done in their openers as QB. Its time to stop bashing this young man and support him and the entire team.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
So hpt2012 you believe BF would intentionally lose games to let people play who should not?

hpt2012

prepballfan said:
So hpt2012 you believe BF would intentionally lose games to let people play who should not?

I don't believe Coach BF would intentionally will lose games, I don't think any coach in his right mind would even consider doing something like that. What I said is that there is some good talent that should be starting but will never get the time and opportunity for whatever reasons. Does every kid deserves to play even if it's one play, Absolutely, This are moments that will be cherish for many years to come. We seem to lose focus that at the end of it all, it's about the kids who practice everyday regardless of weather condition and the depth chart status. Yes it's about winning to a point, But at the same time give that glory, even if it's one darn play to a 2,3 and 4 stringers, It ain't hurting nobody. This kid work so hard for what, yes scholarschip for some, But at the end of it all, The Coach is looking out for himself, for better opportunities for his family and himself. Sound cruel but it's reality. Sad but true. Good Luck Indian Nation

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
hpt2012 said:
prepballfan said:

I don't believe Coach BF would intentionally will lose games, I don't think any coach in his right mind would even consider doing something like that. What I said is that there is some good talent that should be starting but will never get the time and opportunity for whatever reasons. Does every kid deserves to play even if it's one play, Absolutely, This are moments that will be cherish for many years to come. We seem to lose focus that at the end of it all, it's about the kids who practice everyday regardless of weather condition and the depth chart status. Yes it's about winning to a point, But at the same time give that glory, even if it's one darn play to a 2,3 and 4 stringers, It ain't hurting nobody. This kid work so hard for what, yes scholarschip for some, But at the end of it all, The Coach is looking out for himself, for better opportunities for his family and himself. Sound cruel but it's reality. Sad but true. Good Luck Indian Nation

Does every kid deserve to play, even if it's just once or twice...absolutely!! As far as I know, most every kid HAS gotten to play, at some point in the season, since he has been here! I know this, because I attend almost every Booster Club meeting during football season and he is OVER JOYED when the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string kids get to play, and he says he wants to do everything in his power to make sure they ALL get to play at some point, especially the Seniors!! So, I don't know where you're getting your info, but if you are not a Booster Club member, you need to join and come to the meetings and see for yourself!! He doesn't just sing the praises of the starters, or "chosen ones", or "his favorites", as you put it! He talks about the team as a WHOLE and I'm sorry, but he really cares for those boys, on and off the field!! My son plays youth football and I can tell you, that is where the FAVORITISM comes into play...BIG TIME!! I'm not saying it doesn't happen at the HS level, but if it does, I am fairly certain Coach Faircloth isn't behind it!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Doty's first start at QB
11/24 121 yards 1 TD 2 Int (21-20 win over BH at home)

Millers first start against good comp (GP was a young team with little talent)
14/22 130 yards 1 TD 1 Int (29-30 loss to Crosby on the road)

Smith's first start
16/32 162 yards 1 TD 0 Int (21-20 win over Silsbee on the road)

Pulled this from the other site. Maybe this will zip the lip on some who think AJ is so bad. Take a close look. Looks like AJ has done better than what the 2 previous star QB's have done in their openers as QB. Its time to stop bashing this young man and support him and the entire team.

+1 Thanks for posting this!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G will be just fine. The OL will gel, the running lanes will be there. The QB will continue to get better under the Friday night lights. His stat line looks just fine to me. I like the ZERO turnovers. I liked hearing Joe and Paul describe the zone read option play in the 1st Q with the QB picking up yards. The team will get better each week. We can scratch out 10 ugly wins and I'll be happy to be in the playoffs. Just grab the Ws and move on to the next week. You don't get any style points for winning pretty. Take what the opposing defense gives you and take home Ws.

Go Indians. Peace.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
attakapandn said:

More exaggerations... No one is beating up a kid. No one thinks they're professionals. But as in life they're expected to perform. Every community that is passionate about football or any activity does the same. Every year. Always have and always will.

Kids today are better able to handle public opinion and pressure. They're not going to be traumatized because a couple of people voice an opinion about the team or a position that they play. They understand the pressure to perform and aren't going to be traumatized for life. If anything a player is going to rise to the occasion.

Heck, I have a freshman who is NOT in sports. You know what he did ALL LABOR DAY WEEKEND? School Work!
And he was exhausted! I can only imagine the players, after practice, films, etc., having to go home and do homework... remembering that if they don't pass they don't play. I doubt if very many have the TIME to get on here and read what a bunch of pot bellied old farts think they should do! I'm sure they could care less.

Sorry 91... I know you're not a pot bellied old fart. LOL

BTW, the more wins BF has, the more his value increases. It is in HIS best interest to play the best he has to work with. It's just common sense.

hpt2012

NDNmom91 said:
hpt2012 said:
prepballfan said:

Does every kid deserve to play, even if it's just once or twice...absolutely!! As far as I know, most every kid HAS gotten to play, at some point in the season, since he has been here! I know this, because I attend almost every Booster Club meeting during football season and he is OVER JOYED when the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string kids get to play, and he says he wants to do everything in his power to make sure they ALL get to play at some point, especially the Seniors!! So, I don't know where you're getting your info, but if you are not a Booster Club member, you need to join and come to the meetings and see for yourself!! He doesn't just sing the praises of the starters, or "chosen ones", or "his favorites", as you put it! He talks about the team as a WHOLE and I'm sorry, but he really cares for those boys, on and off the field!! My son plays youth football and I can tell you, that is where the FAVORITISM comes into play...BIG TIME!! I'm not saying it doesn't happen at the HS level, but if it does, I am fairly certain Coach Faircloth isn't behind it!!

Sorry you feel that way, Yes I am a Booster club member, And yes been to the meeting many times. I called it like I see yet, If your offended by what I am saying, That's my opinion. I don't' have a problem anyone bashing me as well. I have a good friend of mine that keeps his personal stats of every game and player that goes on the field, And I'm just saying not every player goes on the field, So I have to disagree with you about him playing 3 & 4 stringers maybe some 2 stringers, but no more than that. Go Indian Nation

bandkid

Staff member
For what it's worth....

I don't know about last season because I only saw two games. But I do remember Faircloth sending in the reserves in the 2009 Ozen game and in the 2010 Crosby and Lumberton games. If I remember correctly, he also sent them in for the Lumberton game last year, but I was listening to the radio broadcast, so I really can't say.

bark

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
IMO, the main things we need to work on is...
1) QB has got to stop throwing those high rainbow passes. Those will be picked off all year by a good team.
2) The running game lacked a lot. The downfield blocking seemed ok, but up front, we were having trouble getting past the front 4.
3) We can't keep going to the QB keeper. Silsbee showed us tonight that they will shut it down after a while.

I'm thrilled to escape with a win, but we got really lucky. 5 more minutes, and we lose.

BTW, Officiating sucked too.

Plenty of good points tho.

I agree, if we are to go very far we will need to pick it up a ton!!!!! Ned. is up to #10 today in the rankings.

WO-S will be a real test - keep in mind that they are a SMALL 3A, if they put it on us it won't look good for the NDN's future IMO

NDN79

500+ Posts
To hpt2012

Football in this community has always been a very emotional and important game. It has generated a following of fans and alumni that is second to no other program inthe state of Texas, or for that matter in the entire country.The PN-G program receives a greater deal of scrutiny than other programs, because it is so popular and generates such great fan support. I have been following the PN-G Indians since 1975, and in all those years, with all of the different coaches, there always is an accusation of "THE GOOD OLD BOY NETWORK". I guess that is the fall-back excuse for someone who is not happy with the coaching,the team,etc.
We all want to see our sons,grand-sons,nephews,friends,etc. be the starting players.There can only be 22 starters.Hard work,determination,effort,attitude,desire...these are all things used to evaluate talent.The general public does not see every play in practice, film study habits, whether a player is learning the plays properly, attitude, etc. The coaches are paid to teach, motivate,lead, and evaluate the talent to the best of their ability. What purpose would it serve to "NOT PLAY"the most talented players...this would not lead to job security, or another better job, it would yield a firing or loss of job.
All Indian fans want to see all of the players have the oppurtunity to play, but we are realistic enough to know that sometimes circumstances will not allow that.I know everyone on this board wants whats best for all of the players on this year's team.The coaching staff can, and will provide the best experience for these players...but you have to give them a chance. WE HAVE ONLY PLAYED 1 GAME. Lets see what happens.
Remember, these coaches have done a great job since Brandon Faircloth took over. I bet the winning and trips to the play-offs continue.

15PNG

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
To hpt2012

Football in this community has always been a very emotional and important game. It has generated a following of fans and alumni that is second to no other program inthe state of Texas, or for that matter in the entire country.The PN-G program receives a greater deal of scrutiny than other programs, because it is so popular and generates such great fan support. I have been following the PN-G Indians since 1975, and in all those years, with all of the different coaches, there always is an accusation of "THE GOOD OLD BOY NETWORK". I guess that is the fall-back excuse for someone who is not happy with the coaching,the team,etc.
We all want to see our sons,grand-sons,nephews,friends,etc. be the starting players.There can only be 22 starters.Hard work,determination,effort,attitude,desire...these are all things used to evaluate talent.The general public does not see every play in practice, film study habits, whether a player is learning the plays properly, attitude, etc. The coaches are paid to teach, motivate,lead, and evaluate the talent to the best of their ability. What purpose would it serve to "NOT PLAY"the most talented players...this would not lead to job security, or another better job, it would yield a firing or loss of job.
All Indian fans want to see all of the players have the oppurtunity to play, but we are realistic enough to know that sometimes circumstances will not allow that.I know everyone on this board wants whats best for all of the players on this year's team.The coaching staff can, and will provide the best experience for these players...but you have to give them a chance. WE HAVE ONLY PLAYED 1 GAME. Lets see what happens.
Remember, these coaches have done a great job since Brandon Faircloth took over. I bet the winning and trips to the play-offs continue.

BRAVO - :clap: :clap:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores