My Take on Game

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
To PNGMOM4,
And, of course, you aren't a pot bellied old fart either. Luv ya! :whiteflag: :rocks:

Layingemdown

pngfan66 said:
Doty's first start at QB
11/24 121 yards 1 TD 2 Int (21-20 win over BH at home)

Millers first start against good comp (GP was a young team with little talent)
14/22 130 yards 1 TD 1 Int (29-30 loss to Crosby on the road)

Smith's first start
16/32 162 yards 1 TD 0 Int (21-20 win over Silsbee on the road)

Pulled this from the other site. Maybe this will zip the lip on some who think AJ is so bad. Take a close look. Looks like AJ has done better than what the 2 previous star QB's have done in their openers as QB. Its time to stop bashing this young man and support him and the entire team.

You can pull out stats until your blue in the face. I know what I saw in all 3 qb's, and AJ is not anywhere near the talent level of the prior 2 qb's we have had. Escpecially Doty....not even close.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
What about all of those years making the playoffs? Football always a team sport! Weaknesses and strengths everywhere.Yes QB is one of the most important positions but it will be interesting to see BF put the pieces together!And he will. Just my take.

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
PNG Proud said:
IMO, the main things we need to work on is...
1) QB has got to stop throwing those high rainbow passes. Those will be picked off all year by a good team.
2) The running game lacked a lot. The downfield blocking seemed ok, but up front, we were having trouble getting past the front 4.
3) We can't keep going to the QB keeper. Silsbee showed us tonight that they will shut it down after a while.

I'm thrilled to escape with a win, but we got really lucky. 5 more minutes, and we lose.

BTW, Officiating sucked too.

Plenty of good points tho.

I agree, if we are to go very far we will need to pick it up a ton!!!!! Ned. is up to #10 today in the rankings.

WO-S will be a real test - keep in mind that they are a SMALL 3A, if they put it on us it won't look good for the NDN's future IMO
I don't care if they are a SMALL 2A. That's irrelevant. What matters is talent. WO-S will have at least (6), if not more, players going on to play college ball. And it looks like all (4) of their DB's will. I'm fairly certain that will be more than us. WO-S will be a huge test based on talent, not enrollment size. And as far as our future goes, take a look at the 8th-10th grade groups. LOADS of talent!!!! We will be just fine.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Layingemdown said:
pngfan66 said:
Doty's first start at QB

Smith's first start

Pulled this from the other site. Maybe this will zip the lip on some who think AJ is so bad. Take a close look. Looks like AJ has done better than what the 2 previous star QB's have done in their openers as QB. Its time to stop bashing this young man and support him and the entire team.

You can pull out stats until your blue in the face. I know what I saw in all 3 qb's, and AJ is not anywhere near the talent level of the prior 2 qb's we have had. Escpecially Doty....not even close.
Wow ! here is my take on your negativity. I don't care if you think we have a bad QB, why ? because I truly don't think you could do better. Stop being so dang negative and be supportive or what we do have and find the positives and go from there. I know thats what the coaches do. Build on the success' and work on the problems. This is a team sport. Even if we had a major D1 QB and had a terrible receiving corp a QB would look bad. We have a talented QB and receiving corp. You have to realize that with BF's offense you have to have someone who is smart enough to know the game and recognize defenses and know were to go once its figured out. Faircloths offense is run like a college program basically. The QB reads the D and goes from there. AJ is our man this year. I support him. If the coaches don't think he can make it happen then that is their decision not yours, not mine, not none of ours. Bashing players should get you banned from this board. Also in the game of football stats show alot of a persons abilities and talents. Sounds like you can't even give a person room to improve. These players are still kids not grown adults. They are not College players, they are not pro players. They are HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES !!!!!

attakapandn

100+ Posts
:clap: pngfan66! Like i posted earlier.. these are kids and they are doing the best they can along with their school work. All the armchair QB need to quit bashing and support the kids!

hpt2012

Layingemdown said:
pngfan66 said:
Doty's first start at QB

Smith's first start

I agree with you in regards to the QB situation, But I have to agree with pngfan66 he is are starter for now and have to support him. I came across one of his relatives from PA, and they told me they are proud of him as well not just for being the starting QB for PNG, but for also being the first African-American QB in school history. Before I get bash by the Indian Nation faithful, I am in no way implying race issue here, But being sensitive to this issue, It is a predominately white school. say compare to Port Arthur. That's all I am saying, and please don't take this out of content, Because I am sure some one's feeling is going to get hurt. Thanks LUV MY INDIAN NATION.

HighChief2008

I think I mentioned this in a different post, but AJ is a different type of QB (this being judged by what little I have seen from him). He looks like a Michael Vick type that can make the throws when needed but is going to be able to produce a running game as well. This is what we call a DUAL THREAT QB. There is nothing wrong with it. I think Silsbee is a lot of nerves. He will calm and get more comfortable and things will get rolling for him and the rest of the offense. We as a community aren't used to seeing this time of QB. I honestly can't remember having a QB like this. Miller could take off occasionally, but I think for the most part he was more comfortable in the pocket. I honestly don't think their is a race issue, and I surely hope there isn't. I haven't heard anything yet. I for one 100% back AJ and think he will do great.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There is no reason to even bring up the topic of race. There are 11 football players on the field. AJ Smith has earned the opportunity to play QB. Where it goes from there will be decided by performance on the field and what the coaches decide. It's as simple as that.

Please stick to discussing football and lay off of mentioning race sensitivity and 'bashing'. That's not the case. Fans are going to discuss who plays what position. Playing for and coaching one of the highest profile programs in the state is going to include that limelight.

Layingemdown

pngfan66 said:
Layingemdown said:
pngfan66 said:
Doty's first start at QB

Smith's first start

Wow ! here is my take on your negativity. I don't care if you think we have a bad QB, why ? because I truly don't think you could do better. Stop being so dang negative and be supportive or what we do have and find the positives and go from there. I know thats what the coaches do. Build on the success' and work on the problems. This is a team sport. Even if we had a major D1 QB and had a terrible receiving corp a QB would look bad. We have a talented QB and receiving corp. You have to realize that with BF's offense you have to have someone who is smart enough to know the game and recognize defenses and know were to go once its figured out. Faircloths offense is run like a college program basically. The QB reads the D and goes from there. AJ is our man this year. I support him. If the coaches don't think he can make it happen then that is their decision not yours, not mine, not none of ours. Bashing players should get you banned from this board. Also in the game of football stats show alot of a persons abilities and talents. Sounds like you can't even give a person room to improve. These players are still kids not grown adults. They are not College players, they are not pro players. They are HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES !!!!!

Your kidding me right? Just by saying a player is not as talented as a former player is not bashing them....you need to get a clue sir. If I said Womack is not as talented as Bergeron or McGill, is that bashing Womack? No it is not. Doty was one of the best QB's PNG has had, so its hardly bashing AJ if I say he is not as talented. Sorry if your feelings are hurt. But, you saying I should be banned for that is ridiculous. Maybe football talk is the wrong discussion for you.

Layingemdown

HighChief2008 said:
I think I mentioned this in a different post, but AJ is a different type of QB (this being judged by what little I have seen from him). He looks like a Michael Vick type that can make the throws when needed but is going to be able to produce a running game as well. This is what we call a DUAL THREAT QB. There is nothing wrong with it. I think Silsbee is a lot of nerves. He will calm and get more comfortable and things will get rolling for him and the rest of the offense. We as a community aren't used to seeing this time of QB. I honestly can't remember having a QB like this. Miller could take off occasionally, but I think for the most part he was more comfortable in the pocket. I honestly don't think their is a race issue, and I surely hope there isn't. I haven't heard anything yet. I for one 100% back AJ and think he will do great.

I've heard it all now. Sorry about the "negativity", but come on???

bark

1,000+ Posts
hookem14 said:
bark said:
PNG Proud said:
1) QB has got to stop throwing those high rainbow passes. Those will be picked off all year by a good team.
2) The running game lacked a lot. The downfield blocking seemed ok, but up front, we were having trouble getting past the front 4.
3) We can't keep going to the QB keeper. Silsbee showed us tonight that they will shut it down after a while.

I'm thrilled to escape with a win, but we got really lucky. 5 more minutes, and we lose.

I agree, if we are to go very far we will need to pick it up a ton!!!!! Ned. is up to #10 today in the rankings.

WO-S will be a real test - keep in mind that they are a SMALL 3A, if they put it on us it won't look good for the NDN's future IMO
I don't care if they are a SMALL 2A. That's irrelevant. What matters is talent. WO-S will have at least (6), if not more, players going on to play college ball. And it looks like all (4) of their DB's will. I'm fairly certain that will be more than us. WO-S will be a huge test based on talent, not enrollment size. And as far as our future goes, take a look at the 8th-10th grade groups. LOADS of talent!!!! We will be just fine.
**********************************************************************************

You are right WO-S can play with anyone - I don't recall how far they went last year in the playoffs. Our 8 - 10 grade players do have loads of talent. I am not sure but does anyone know how many 9th and 10th graders are on Varsity? The last 9th grader I remember playing was Golke at linebacker in around 2002 before that I think Bergeron was the last. May be a good thing to put some of those 9th/10th graders on Varsity and give them some time on the field.

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
hookem14 said:
bark said:
PNG Proud said:

**********************************************************************************

You are right WO-S can play with anyone - I don't recall how far they went last year in the playoffs. Our 8 - 10 grade players do have loads of talent. I am not sure but does anyone know how many 9th and 10th graders are on Varsity? The last 9th grader I remember playing was Golke at linebacker in around 2002 before that I think Bergeron was the last. May be a good thing to put some of those 9th/10th graders on Varsity and give them some time on the field.
WOW!!!

hookem14

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
Hookem, you can say more than "WOW" to the post you don't agree with.....hahaha!!
You are correct, I could have said much more, but in this case, WOW!!! is all that needed to be said.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
bark said:
hookem14 said:
bark said:
PNG Proud said:

:huh:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores