NDNettes marching with band??

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Did I hear this right? The Indianettes are marching with the band again?? I really hope this is true!! They marched with us when I was in school in the late 80's early 90's and it was GREAT!! I think that is one of the reasons our band was so intimidating, having the NDNettes made us look HUGE!!

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
Yes they are. We (former Indianettes) are very excited to see this brought back. The current students don't have any idea how great this will be.

86ndn

As an ex-Indianette myself, I am very excited to see the Indianettes marching with the band again! We had such a great time during our halftime performances and also marching with the band at competition. I always considered it an honor to be a part of such a fantastic show at both the games and the marching competitions. Everyone always used to say that Indianettes can't march, however, with practice (and if they take it seriously), it can be a wonderful experience for them. I wish both the band and Indianettes a great year and look forward to watching amazing halftime performances! :woot:

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
PERSONALLY I THINK IT GREAT THAT THE INDIANETTES ARE GOING TO BE MARCHING WITH THE BAND. I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY EVER QUIT. IT ADDS SO MUCH DEPTH AND COLOR TO THE ROUTINE AND THEY CAN DO MORE THINGS WITH THE GIRLS OUT THERE! YOU GO GIRLS!!! INDIAN KEN

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for confirming that for me!! I'm so glad they brought this back!! I'm even more pumped up for Football Season now!!

Go NDN's!!!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Thoughts about how the band & Indianettes looked back together again on the field last night @ Barbers Hill????

I wasn't there, but I was in band back in late 80's early 90's and I can tell that most of them are scared out of their minds on the first game, especially the Freshman and new I-ettes! I know I was...LOL!! Now, granted the band has not been as good as in years past, but no matter how good they are, the first game is always a little rough, mainly due to nerves, and this hurricane thing is not helping I'm sure...JMO!

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
This is great news, I remember back in Fall 1983 when they I-ettes first marched with the band, it added a lot to the performance (color discs,umbrellas). In the following years they started to use the dance abilities of the officers in shows with more of a theme.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Me and a few others were also pretty surprised at the performance but as one person in our group added, "This was the first game". Hopefully the kinks will be worked out and these ladies will add more pagentry to the performance.

Overall, I know these girls work really hard all year and we shouldn't judge what we saw in Barbers Hill as what is in store for the rest of the season.

Keep on working girls!! You will get there!!!

PS -- The Officer Line looked great!

NDNette2001

As a former Indianette, I was slightly embarrassed when I watched the girls at the Barbers Hill game. Has the bar been lowered on tryouts?? As the post above mentioned, there were numerous ladies on that field that were unable to do the splits. Broken and bent legs were all over the field. Do the directors and officers no longer sign off on each girl before a performance?

Can someone please explain?? Although it was their first appearance, the routine was sloppy and did not hold the quality of performances in the years past.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Like the football team, the band and I-ettes get better as the season progresses. When I was in school I don't recall any games in August, that first game sneaks up on you.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores