Nederland at PN-G Mid County Madness (Bum Phillips Bowl)

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Indians to take on the Dogs for the District Championship. Nederland lost there starting RB tonight for the season.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Two especially key areas for the Indians to achieve a win.

Blocking - line, backs and wide receivers. The Indian offense has gained a lot of yards and scored a lot of points, but they're leaving chunks of yardage and TDs on the field because people are missing blocks. Take pride in blocking, a great block enables a great run. On the flip side, all it takes is 1 of out 11 players on the field to miss their assignment to destroy a plays success. This win or loss will be on the backs of the o-line.

Secondary - The pass defense has improved quite a bit over the past 2 games. But the quality of competition is suspect. Recognizing tendencies during game prep and better anticipation during the game will counter Nederland's passing success.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Anyone have extra tickets. Even if I could make it over from Houston they wouldn’t sell to me because I’m not a resident.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It's the Tuesday night, and the least amount of discussion of this game seen since this message board began. Maybe everyone is obsessed with election talk? ;)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Nederland hasn't seen a team that can run and pass the ball like PN-G will. Johnson, Deslate and Conner are going to make some good runs. That's going to open up the pass, and Nederland's pass defense is vulnerable to a good passing attack.

You can't compare games, but very interesting head to head comparisons indicate Nederland may not be quite as strong as popular opinion.

It will come down to 1-1 performances. If the Indians come to play, and execute, they will win this game.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
It's the Tuesday night, and the least amount of discussion of this game seen since this message board began. Maybe everyone is obsessed with election talk? ;)

2000-Present = apprehension and anxiety. It is no longer the Ethridge years when it was easy to count the nederland game as a win. No so in the past 18 years. Nederland is growing in student population and with growth comes more talent at NISD. PN-G must play mistake free and stay on pace with scoring opportunities. Just my 0.02 cents.

Go Indians. Peace.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
IndianFan said:

2000-Present = apprehension and anxiety. It is no longer the Ethridge years when it was easy to count the nederland game as a win. No so in the past 18 years. Nederland is growing in student population and with growth comes more talent at NISD. PN-G must play mistake free and stay on pace with scoring opportunities. Just my 0.02 cents.

Go Indians. Peace.

Mistake free and we have to avoid those ridiculous unsportsmanlike penalties that we seem to rack up. Gotta keep our heads in the game.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
More drama. PNG has decided not to allow the trophy to be presented to the winner on the field. IMO this makes us look petty. I feel bad for the seniors on the winning team.

https://m.panews.com/2018/11/06/bum-trophy-to-be-awarded-next-week/

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I don't like it either. I think the trophy presentation is a big part of the victory celebration.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
They could always do a better job of controlling the presentation on the field. Similar to how college bowl games are handled.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
They could always do a better job of controlling the presentation on the field. Similar to how college bowl games are handled.
Yes. This would actually bring more to the experience. Red rope it off. Make the presentation.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Or let them present from the lower walkway of the home stands. They would be several feet above the track and every one on the field can easily see the presentation.

twrpng

100+ Posts
For me this game is a little bitter sweet, my son played sports all his life and from the time he was at groves middle school until he was a high school Sr the team they wanted to beat was Nederland. They beat nederland in middle school as a 9th 10th 11th grader and lost to them by 1 point as a Sr . Preston Riggs will tell you today that if we would have played the game that had them unbeaten he and his teammates would have beaten Nederland as a Sr . He said it still hurts today lossing to Nederland has a Sr. I hope we go out and play the game that we know and dont over think it for our png sr's

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Certainly a downer. I’m from a time that Nederland never beat us. Even if they were physically bigger we’d kick their a**. :flaming:

The majority of Nederland wins over the past 18 years are by a slim margin. They have been far from dominant, but they’ve figured out what it took to win. That’s much more frustrating for the team and fans than getting stomped. PNG should have/could have won a lot of those games.

twrpng

100+ Posts
I believe Indians win this game and the reason i believe it is RJ wittiness the anguish the Sr's went through last year after the lost on the last play of the game. Rj will be ready and he will have his teammates ready. I think his determination to go out a winner at his last home game against Nederland will pull us over the finish line. I hear all the time one player cant do it by himself and that is so true but one player like RJ is a once in a life time player this Friday nite he will show the highschool football world why the Longhorns recruited him. Number 2 and his teammates win the ballgame.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Last years offense was so good they had little struggle leading up to this game. This team has fought and struggled to win each game. They know how to fight all the way to the end and how to snatch a victory and are a bit more of a rugged team.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
DC Texas Football still has PN-G ranked above Nederland. Another indication of the talent that over confident Nederland fans like to overlook.

Per
[/size]@dctf[/size]’s computer rankings, the biggest Week 11 games in each class: 6A — No. 13 Cedar Hill at No. 12 DeSoto 5A DI — No. 24 Birdville at No. 1 Denton Ryan 5A DII — No. 14 Nederland at No. 12 [/color]Port[/size][/color]Neches-Groves[/size] 4A DI — No. 3 Argyle at No. 23 Celina

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores