Nederland Bulldogs @ Port Neches-Groves Indians MCM Time!!!!!!

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
To me
I’m probably the worst X and O coach in the world (I’m not a coach)
But I’m good at the subtleties the biggest difference I saw is that Crippen didn’t try to Nolan Ryan the balls into the WRs he wasn’t trying to impress the radar gun- relax and deliver the ball - effective deep passing relies more on the matchup than the perfect throw and if your WR CANT catch it because it’s 5 yards over his head you might as well throw an INT on 3rd (on a deep throw) (you’re just going to punt anyway) but the odds are in the favor of the WR if you give him a chance (especially OURS) those guys are ball hawks (there’s something about PNG guys that are that way I suspect it’s playground norm to play the “up for grabs” game
With the advantage given to the offense especially in pass interference etc (more on underthrown balls) you’re far more effective underthrowing (to a preferred matchup) than overthrowing you’ll almost never get a PI on an overthrown ball (for one if the DB can’t catch up to him he can’t interfere lol

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Nederland will go all out on defense to pressure Crippen. That’s their one chance. To rattle Crippen and hope for some poor passes, fumbles or penalties on the offensive line.

Key for the Indians: the o-line must hold their blocks and give Crippen time to manage the offense.

When Nederland has the ball, the young RB is their best hope. They’re going to try to pound the rock, keep the ball away from the Indians, and hope for a lucky pass at opportune times. Get a few scores and shorten the game. That’s the only way this one goes to the wire or Nederland even has a chance.

1990NDN

This defense come game time!! For MCM?? Nederland better be ready. Seth Landry will be back. Nick Gardner full force. Droddy and crew? Better have their heads on a swivel. Gonna be some hitting going on.

I'm a lil biased but I'm predicting a shut out.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Rain in forecast. Ugh!!! Hope for no lightning delays, and in any case could have unexpected effects on game (turnovers, dropped passes, ect.). Could work to our advantage as long as we can run the ball and hold onto it while running and fielding kicks. If not, hopefully they will have the same problem or it could serve as an equalizer to some degree. Also, we apparently don’t know yet exactly when the front is supposed to come thru. With luck, before or after the game. I feel pretty confident about the game in the absence of unexpected weather effects, but anyone that has followed MCM for a long enough period of time should know that this game can be unpredictable at times. Hopefully, this will be an exception!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
True but I’m not buying in on any Nederland hocus pocus this year. No disrespect of Nederland football but they are in too much of a rebuilding phase. They’ll try hard and make some good plays just like every other mid-county team that has ever played in this game, but they are going up against a purple and white machine that is picking up speed.

If I was the PN-G coaches and players I’d keep the hammer down all the way until the end. You don’t mess around in this game. If there is a trap game on the schedule this is it. Score as many as possible and then let the backups give it a shot in the 4th.

And for anyone hoping to use this as motivation, the above is just the opinion of a crazy fan and in no way represents the approach of the PN-G football team. I’m sure the Indians are approaching this like the biggest game of the year, giving all due respect to the Nederland Bulldogs capabilities. Same approach they have taken with every game this season.

100+ Posts
This defense come game time!! For MCM?? Nederland better be ready. Seth Landry will be back. Nick Gardner full force. Droddy and crew? Better have their heads on a swivel. Gonna be some hitting going on.

I'm a lil biased but I'm predicting a shut out.
It was great to see the Juniors and Sophs step up and get it done, but I'm really glad to see Seth and Nick and any other seniors back for this game, and for the playoffs; it's their senior year. And I won't be surprised at all to see a shut out this Friday, and next Friday as well.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No trash talk here, just hoping for a good clean game with no injuries.
No trash talk intended here either. This is just one year where the two teams are on different levels. But anything can happen and everyone knows it. The tables will always turn again as they have done since 1925.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Unfortunately the weather forecast for Friday doesn’t appear to be improving…showers and thunderstorms expected to start late afternoon, early evening…UGH! I wonder if there’s been any consideration given about moving the game to Saturday?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Head to Head District Game Comparison
OpponentPNGNED
Dayton35-280-45
Marshall14-350-24
Willowridge56-1338-14
Santa Fe52-718-41
Totals157-8356-124

Average Score
PNG: 39-21
NED: 14-31

The Santa Fe game, also the most recent common game may be the best indicator of the relative competition levels. Of course you can throw all this out the window because the scoreboard this week is all that matters.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
Unfortunately the weather forecast for Friday doesn’t appear to be improving…showers and thunderstorms expected to start late afternoon, early evening…UGH! I wonder if there’s been any consideration given about moving the game to Saturday?
heard something about thursday

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Thursday’s not really ideal for students and people who have to be up early for work or school Friday but definitely better than sitting through heavy rain and possible lightning delays.
Would also be better in not conflicting with Astros game. Anyone know if change is seriously being considered and, if so, how soon we will know? If Thursday, we would surely have to know by tomorrow.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores