New year for the Booster Club

bark

1,000+ Posts
Is it only for the Board Members or are regular folk allowed? If they allow us in, is it in the cafeteria?

Indian03

100+ Posts
Hey booster club members, don't forget about the meeting tonight (August 30) in the high school cafeteria at 6:30PM. We will be watching plays from this past weekend. Anyone who missed the game, this a great opportunity to get to see some of the highlights.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I can't recommend the booster club enough to everyone. You help the kids out. Hear Faircloth break a game down just once and you'll understand why he is possibly the best hire in the history of PNGISD!!!

NDN06

100+ Posts
I just recently joined, and got to experience my first "after the game" meeting tonight... that was WAY COOL!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Just curioius ... did anyone ask him about the 4th and inches call? Did he mention if he thought about a QB sneak? That stacked-I play took some time to develop and GP filled the hole ... give them credit, they made a play. Just curious. It's in the rear view mirror now ... on to Crosby. And, I have no problem going for it on 4th down. I would have backed that call 100 times in a row. I would not ask a high school FG kicker to make or break a 31 yd or 38 yd or whatever it was kick. I'd take my chances that my kids will scratch out a yard for a first down. I like the fact that Coach Faircloth has big balls and they are brass to boot. And ... I have no issue with the playcalling at the end of the first half and throwing the ball downfield. I'm not a "take a knee" or 1-yard and cloud of dust guy. Throw the ball around and see what happens. We are going to win a lot of games with our Indian coaching staff and I like the fact that they try to stomp on the gas and go 100 mph. Also, any word on how to help contribute to the funds to build that indoor practice facility and multi-purpose student center? Thanks.

Go Indians. Marching on to 14-1 ... Peace.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Another reason to join the Booster Club. Faircloth did not wait for someone to ask the question......he brought it up right quick. Just like '93 said.....join the Booster Club and be amazed at the candor he gives. You will not 2nd guess this amazing coach. We had a pretty good turnout for the Monday meeting. I think most members would rather keep this detail of team information confidential.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Understandable ... give up the peso to get the say so ... that is the purpose of the PN-G Booster Club ... I'm good with that. Can you offer any follow-up on when or how out-of-town alumni and fans, such as myself, can contribute to the funds to build the multi-purpose indoor facility? I'm happy to send a check. Let's get that sucker funded by the masses of PN-G graduates and fans so we can break ground.

Go Indians. Peace.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Understandable ... give up the peso to get the say so ... that is the purpose of the PN-G Booster Club ... I'm good with that. Can you offer any follow-up on when or how out-of-town alumni and fans, such as myself, can contribute to the funds to build the multi-purpose indoor facility? I'm happy to send a check. Let's get that sucker funded by the masses of PN-G graduates and fans so we can break ground.

Go Indians. Peace.

I spoke to one of the officers, he said it should be set up on the pngabc site within a few days.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.

Coach Faircloth alluded to the building in the meeting. They lost a day of practice yesterday due to rain. They were in the gym in tennis shoes, and weren't able to do much. If this morning's rain is any indication, they will lose another day of practice today as well.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Just curioius ... did anyone ask him about the 4th and inches call? Did he mention if he thought about a QB sneak? That stacked-I play took some time to develop and GP filled the hole ... give them credit, they made a play. Just curious. It's in the rear view mirror now ... on to Crosby. And, I have no problem going for it on 4th down. I would have backed that call 100 times in a row. I would not ask a high school FG kicker to make or break a 31 yd or 38 yd or whatever it was kick. I'd take my chances that my kids will scratch out a yard for a first down. I like the fact that Coach Faircloth has big balls and they are brass to boot. And ... I have no issue with the playcalling at the end of the first half and throwing the ball downfield. I'm not a "take a knee" or 1-yard and cloud of dust guy. Throw the ball around and see what happens. We are going to win a lot of games with our Indian coaching staff and I like the fact that they try to stomp on the gas and go 100 mph. Also, any word on how to help contribute to the funds to build that indoor practice facility and multi-purpose student center? Thanks.

Go Indians. Marching on to 14-1 ... Peace.

Faircloth was very open with the booster club last night. However, I think that posting what he said on a message board could be damaging to the team by giving away play-calling philosophy. He even joked that he was going to have us sign a confidentiality form as we were leaving.

ndndad

New to the Booster Club. But just to add to what others have said. Going to the meeting and hearing what Faircloth presented showed the type of coach he is. We are very fortunate to have him lead our boys.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I agree it was a GREAT meeting!!!! Coach Faircloth is really awesome.

Let's get that site up so we can donate to the indoor facility.

Go Indians!!!

indian17

I went to my first booster club meeting last night and all I can say is wow! why didn't I join sooner. Coach Faircloth is a great individual and superb coach, by the way he was praising some of the players while watching some highlights of the game, you can tell he really loves the kids and loves his job.

I would recommend that if you are considering joining the booster club to go ahead and take the plung! It is definitley worth it and it is for the great cause, the kids!

P.S. I just had to laugh when I saw the "2nd Place trophy" sitting on the table after reading all of the GP fans rumors of us destroying the trophy. I guess their way of assuring themselves that they are better than us becuase they new we would have one the game if they hadn't stopped us on 4th down.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
indian17 said:
by the way he was praising some of the players while watching some highlights of the game, you can tell he really loves the kids and loves his job.

First game of the season, and he knew EVERY players name. He called names all night long as we were watching film. That has to be tough to do when the only identifier of a player is a number.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I agree with the name recall. I taught Dale Carnegie for several years and that is directly from the book "Winning Friends and Influencing People" a person's name is the most precious word they know.

The most pleasant thing Coach does make a real effort to play as many players as he can. I know some might not think it's a big deal, I can assure you the parents/voters take note.

PA Snooze's Bob (Ican't stand PNG) West says Bum will be here for a Book signing the 15th, I guess he is not coming for the 1/2 time ceremony. Looks like just Coach Watson, has anyone heard if any of the others are coming. Maybe the Supt. will ask Matt to show up too.

PurpleNDN

ndndad said:
New to the Booster Club. But just to add to what others have said. Going to the meeting and hearing what Faircloth presented showed the type of coach he is. We are very fortunate to have him lead our boys.
Totally agree anyone who is not a member of the ABC is missing out. The membership fee is well worth the opportunity to hear BF speak each week he is truly amazing. Even though we lost he made you feel good about it. I cant say enough good things about him.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Was just thinking about something......... I have no kids in the school district, but I went to PN-G and played for PN-G. I live remotely, but am a diehard fan. Are there any plans to have the booster club meetings streamed live by video or sound possibly for the remotes?

NDNband69

500+ Posts
OK folks, I just checked on the pngabc site, you can now begin to donate to the Indoor Multi-Purpose Facility. It is on the home page of the PNG Athletic Booster Club site.

http://pngabc.com/

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores