Next Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNGFan01

Time to bring home David Satcher. He's been head coach in some really tough districts in which at times they didn't even have weight rooms. Chose to take positions with under privileged kids. Is a defensive mastermind. Time to bring him home and see what he can do with talent. Very smart smart coach. His name was bring thrown around quite a bit when Fairckoth got hired.

Coach Satcher begins his 6th year of coaching at Clear Lake, and has 12 years of coaching overall. He has coached at both the high school (Woodville, Brazosport and Bay City) and college (Northwester State University and Texas State University) levels. Coach Satcher grew up in Groves, Texas. His favorite saying is "never mistake activity for achievement" According to Coach Satcher, the most important thing to learn from playing football is working together in a group, having the experience of bringing diverse skills together so they fit into a single unit working toward a common goal, one in which everyone dose his own job. The highlight of his time at Lake has been Region lll Championship game victory over Katy. He and his wife have one child, Alina. Coach Satcher also teaches P.E.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Time to bring home David Satcher. He's been head coach in some really tough districts in which at times they didn't even have weight rooms. Chose to take positions with under privileged kids. Is a defensive mastermind. Time to bring him home and see what he can do with talent. Very smart smart coach. His name was bring thrown around quite a bit when Fairckoth got hired.

Coach Satcher begins his 6th year of coaching at Clear Lake, and has 12 years of coaching overall. He has coached at both the high school (Woodville, Brazosport and Bay City) and college (Northwester State University and Texas State University) levels. Coach Satcher grew up in Groves, Texas. His favorite saying is "never mistake activity for achievement" According to Coach Satcher, the most important thing to learn from playing football is working together in a group, having the experience of bringing diverse skills together so they fit into a single unit working toward a common goal, one in which everyone dose his own job. The highlight of his time at Lake has been Region lll Championship game victory over Katy. He and his wife have one child, Alina. Coach Satcher also teaches P.E.
Bingo! I’d put $$$$ on it

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
The only local coaches that have been successful at PNG; Ford, and Burnett. Why do people want a local person to be in charge of the Athletic Department? It has proven to not be successful.

PNGFan01

Satcher hasn't lived or coached anywhere near here for over 30 years. Not necessarily local. Graduated in 90. Played on the 89 quarterfinals team. Played at Tarleton State if I'm not mistaken.

I can say this. He's a super intelligent football guy. Mike Leach smart. He's BY CHOICE taken some very very underprivileged programs because he has a huge heart for underprivileged kids. Heck, in El Paso they didn't even have a weight room. Same at Rayburn as it isn't much better but he chooses to be bigger than football for the boys. Don't let it fool you one second. In places he's been that have even had an ounce of talent he's been phenomenal. No doubt whatsoever he'd absolutely ROLL with PNG. Kinda best of both worlds. Hometown guy that's not really a hometown guy. Defensive guru.

That's where I'd be calling without a doubt!!

Last edited:

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
PNG has had a football program for 97 years; of those years, coaches that have been hired with connections to the local area have a TOTAL of 11 winning seasons. Would you purchase products with a performance of 10% in a corporation? A school board is considered a corporation that manages $50,000,000.00 of homeowners taxes.

PNGFan01

I agree with the stats but there is absolutely no truth to just because someone is from here means they aren't a good coach or can't win. It's a product of not considering the coach and them getting the job just because they are local. It doesn't mean a local guy or gal can't be a great winning coach. As far as I know the winningest coaches in the history of the universe have hometowns. They are likely to have been successful there as well.

15PNG

500+ Posts

Wow another "new person" to the board as from my perspective that is lobbying for someone. I don't understand this at all...ugh. Open the position to ALL, and not allow "local connections" to be a candidate to this WHATSOEVER. I loathe politics. I think I've said that before.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
I agree with the stats but there is absolutely no truth to just because someone is from here means they aren't a good coach or can't win. It's a product of not considering the coach and them getting the job just because they are local. It doesn't mean a local guy or gal can't be a great winning coach. As far as I know the winningest coaches in the history of the universe have hometowns. They are likely to have been successful there as well.

A coach can be a great coach with successful programs at other locations; however, at PNG when a local coach is hired the Tradition is that they are not successful.

PNGFan01

Wow another "new person" to the board as from my perspective that is lobbying for someone. I don't understand this at all...ugh. Open the position to ALL, and not allow "local connections" to be a candidate to this WHATSOEVER. I loathe politics. I think I've said that before.
I've probably been a PNG fan longer than you've been alive but thanks for playing along. Lol

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
Job has officially been posted just FYI everyone. That's a start.

It was posted Monday with applications being accepted at 12:00am, January 24, 2022. At least, that is what the job posting indicates. How a job posting occurs while the School District still has a current Athletic Director, not sure things were done correctly. Might have been done they way they always have been done, does not make it correct. Still waiting for the School Board President to make a statement concerning all this media attention. He is the only one allowed to comment that is on the board according to the Board Policies.

15PNG

500+ Posts
I've probably been a PNG fan longer than you've been alive but thanks for playing along. Lol
That’s not hard to do if you look up in the stands. But I was just making an observation ya waddler I’m glad you got to play with me. You need new comebacks

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The only local coaches that have been successful at PNG; Ford, and Burnett. Why do people want a local person to be in charge of the Athletic Department? It has proven to not be successful.
Don't forget Ken Watson. He was a great player for Port Neches High and a great head coach from 1965-1972. 59-19-3 record.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
Don't forget Ken Watson. He was a great player for Port Neches High and a great head coach from 1965-1972. 59-19-3 record.

Okay, you can add seven winning seasons to the total of 11. Would you consider that type of corporation to be successful? 18 out of 97 successful ventures!

When you skew the numbers by using total wins and losses overall for a former coach when the metrics being used is winning seasons, that is the practice of people trying to hide and cover corruption in a corporation

15PNG

500+ Posts
Okay, you can add seven winning seasons to the total of 11. Would you consider that type of corporation to be successful? 18 out of 97 successful ventures!

When you skew the numbers by using total wins and losses overall for a former coach when the metrics being used is winning seasons, that is the practice of people trying to hide and cover corruption in a corporation
In my profession, we call that "the Spin" say what you can to get the least amount of questions, come off as positive, and then huddle in secret to figure out .... how do we get out of this mess and save face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores