Next Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
I believe he was interviewed by one of the local papers on the search for a new head coach.

A response was made by the School Board President. The article is in panews.com that mentions the difficulties of hiring a new AD/Head Coach. The same article mentions that the HIgh School Principal will attending the UIL redistricting in place of the AD. The School District has an Athletic Coordinator that performs the duties of an AD when one is not available.

Other members of the School Board have made public comments on Social Media and in News Sources concerning this issue which is not allowed according to Board Policies. The Board Policies are available as public documents at pngisd.com

The Superintendent is required to provide weekly reports concerning administrative issues to the School Board; therefore, if the School Board denies any knowledge that BF was possibly leaving before Monday, January 24, 2022 one of two things occurred. The Superintendent failed to provide the information to the School Board, or the School Board is failing to maintain integrity with the citizens of the school district.

Last edited:

PNGFan01

i am available and have personally kicked Daid Satcher’s ass in Tecmo Bowl. His grasp of the Oiler Run and Shoot was rudimentary at best and could not stop the simple Power I formation.
I have a feeling me and you have had some tecmo bowl battles.

Torino

500+ Posts
The fan base would have to be shown where he was. As to why that record is poor. Don’t think he’s actively seeking this job. Doubt he’d turn it down. This is someone’s pipe dream. PNG fans need to brace themselves for another little known commodity. PNG is a storied high school program but Port Neches and Groves are not storied places to live. I know. Lived there. It’s getting better but it is not the kind of place a top candidate is going to run to to raise a family. Great school but that is it. I’m not trying to flame this board or poo poo on my hometown. Many on here know what I am talking about. Whether they’ll admit deficiencies are not. To attract a family. A family which comes with a wife. Might be a tougher sell.
Chances are the coach's wife will be a teacher or counselor so her employment won't be problematic. Lived all over the state before moving here from the Panhandle in 1996. Applicants from west of I-35 will consider Port Neches a paradise compared to most small and mid-sized communities out there.

bandkid

Staff member
Chances are the coach's wife will be a teacher or counselor so her employment won't be problematic. Lived all over the state before moving here from the Panhandle in 1996. Applicants from west of I-35 will consider Port Neches a paradise compared to most small and mid-sized communities out there.

I have to agree with that. PN-G's not going to win a quality of life battle with the suburbs, but will more than hold its own against rural and small town Texas.

With respect to access to amenities and services like healthcare, we benefit from being wedged between Beaumont and Port Arthur. Drive out to towns of comparable size to Port Neches and Groves that aren't part of a larger MSA, like Brownwood or Brenham, and you'll notice things are a lot more sparse. I've heard lots of talk from family in Orange County over the years about how Mid-County is lucky to have so many more restaurants than Orange.

And even if they aren't employing the numbers they used to, we still have a major advantage with all the local industry. An operator job at an Indorama or a Dow starts out paying more than your average farmer makes after 30 years of hard labor, and operators working straight 7-12s still put in less hours than the farmer. That makes for a more prosperous local economy.

Last edited:

15PNG

500+ Posts
I have to agree with that. PN-G's not going to win a quality of life battle with the suburbs, but will more than hold its own against rural and small town Texas.

With respect to access to amenities and services like healthcare, we benefit from being wedged between Beaumont and Port Arthur. Drive out to towns of comparable size to Port Neches and Groves that aren't part of a larger MSA, like Brownwood or Brenham, and you'll notice things are a lot more sparse. I've heard lots of talk from family in Orange County over the years about how Mid-County is lucky to have so many more restaurants than Orange.

And even if they aren't employing the numbers they used to, we still have a major advantage with all the local industry. An operator job at an Indorama or a Dow starts out paying more than your average farmer makes after 30 years of hard labor, and operators working straight 7-12s still put in less hours than the farmer. That makes for a more prosperous local economy.

I respect you and 1989, IndianFan, the most. I would also add that PN-G has fans ALL over the country that feel like they still live there and follow, and in some cases, KNOW more than folks back home. I'm proud of where I came from, I'd fight to the last breath for it. I've lived it and been in it, and miss it. I've been around some successful programs here in central Texas, and NOTHING (whether you like that comment or not) compares. Don't believe me??? Then come sit with me at a Hutto, Round Rock, hell, even Westlake game and see how the "fans" are.

bandkid

Staff member
I respect you and 1989, IndianFan, the most. I would also add that PN-G has fans ALL over the country that feel like they still live there and follow, and in some cases, KNOW more than folks back home. I'm proud of where I came from, I'd fight to the last breath for it. I've lived it and been in it, and miss it. I've been around some successful programs here in central Texas, and NOTHING (whether you like that comment or not) compares. Don't believe me??? Then come sit with me at a Hutto, Round Rock, hell, even Westlake game and see how the "fans" are.

I know what you mean. I’m in Leander, at least for now. For all Cedar Park’s success, they can’t hold a candle to PN-G when it comes to community involvement and fan support.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This coming from someone who grew up in PN, lived in PN and G, and a resident of Houston metro ‘suburbs’ for a long time, Port Neches is a special place. Yes it’s sort of old and parts of it are run down. But it is sort of a large ‘suburb’ itself compared to large towns and cities. Of course they are towns but I always heard it referred to as a ‘bedroom community’ compared to Port Arthur and Beaumont.

Like 15PNG, I have been to many 6A and other classification games in my area over the years including several Cypress ISD schools, Katy, The Woodlands and probably a couple others. They have more students, residents and resources, but the fan attendance and excitement at a peak cannot compare. I still remember the doubleheader playoff game we had at the Astrodome in 1999 I think it was. The Katy fans came walking out past us and several made statements of disbelief at the long lines wrapped around the stadium. The PNG fan base, who includes alumni across the state and nation who travel to those games, can stand tall against anyone.

Most schools don’t have the long history and ‘tradition’ of Port Neches-Groves. Most of those schools just some have the alumni base that PNG does. In this day and age of growing metro areas, new high schools are popping up everywhere. So PNG has that sense of long history throughout multiple generations of dedicated fans. We love our school and community regardless of if we still live there or not. There really is no other place like it.

And if we can get the right coach in here, he can add to the excitement even more as he builds on the excellence that Coach Faircloth established over the past 13 seasons. The same that Faircloth did after Burnett’s 15 seasons, and Doug Ethridge and Danny Malone before him.

bandkid

Staff member
To the earlier point about parts of the community being run down, right now, Port Neches looks better than it has at any point in my lifetime. Between all the remodeling over the last two years, all the new construction on the riverfront, and all the new businesses downtown, the community’s undergone a facelift. Groves has a lot of new subdivisions going in, too.

Even with COVID-induced economic pandemonium, the unemployment rate now is lower than it was when I was in high school. Mid-County is one of the few pockets of rural and small town Texas that showed healthy growth on par with the national average in the last census.

And the high school is growing at a particularly fast rate. The freshman class this year entered with 500 students. My graduating class walked 330 students across the stage in 2011. Depending on how realignment shakes out Thursday, PN-G could be in a prime position in its classification.

We could have a very advantageous opening for the right coach over the foreseeable future.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Here’s a name that I continue to hear mentioned. 14-25-0 high school record.

CHUCK LANGSTON: 4 years, 14-25-0
2009 Trinity 2-8-0
2010 Trinity 4-5-0
2011 Trinity 3-7-0
---staff, Lamar U.---
2021 Beau. West Brook 5-5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores