Next Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandkid

Staff member
I'd personally prefer Joseph since it would keep two coaching trees with tons of Texas high school football royalty in them materially invested in the PN-G program, but on the other hand, Flannigan rebuilt both Crosby and Tomball from the ground up, and might be more likely to stick around PN-G for the long haul.

I think the community would be very happy with either of those picks. A strong case can be made for both of them. And either way, it couldn't be more clear that bringing in Todd Dodge paid big dividends. Major kudos to all involved in that, including those who won't take public credit for it. :)

PatsCowboy

Don't know if Jeff is a good choice or not, but his grandfather is legendary, and former head of Texas High School Coaches Association. He passed a few years back.

Jeff's dad? Beyond legendary; see also Katy High School

Probably a great choice, but only temporary. Would he get the Katy job when Gary retires? Would he want it, or would he go after the Memorial job when Gary Koch retires? The latter carries a lot of parent headaches, but you're never going to say, "we can't afford it".

If he would consider it, the HC at Paetrow might make a good choice.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The SLC pedigree and the Dodge (Todd and Riley) influence would be a great addition to PN-Gs situation and culture.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I just removed two very negative and unproductive posts.

At this rate, no coach will want to land at PN-G. Maybe the mascot should be changed to 'Wolves'.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Must’ve missed it. Guessing I didn’t miss much.
One person digging into things outside of football. Another person with more lame, condescending defense of the status quo.

How about some positive vibes re a new coach people? Whoever the hire is, the community is going to have to give the guy a chance unless you want PNG to turn in the footballs.

PatsCowboy

Tough call. Will PNG pay enough money to get his attention? With all the new schools opening in the Greater Houston SMSA, will he hold out for a HC position? I think Seth Littrell is a good offensive mind. What part did "outside influences" play in Blake's removal? You have some pretty powerful families who can exert pressure on Seth in Denton. Did that happen? That is a conversation to be had face to face with a friend, not on the phone.

Todd knows or can certainly find out.

Torino

500+ Posts
Don't know if Jeff is a good choice or not, but his grandfather is legendary, and former head of Texas High School Coaches Association. He passed a few years back.

Jeff's dad? Beyond legendary; see also Katy High School

Probably a great choice, but only temporary. Would he get the Katy job when Gary retires? Would he want it, or would he go after the Memorial job when Gary Koch retires? The latter carries a lot of parent headaches, but you're never going to say, "we can't afford it".

If he would consider it, the HC at Paetrow might make a good choice.
Katy would appear to be the better choice.

Torino

500+ Posts
Tough call. Will PNG pay enough money to get his attention? With all the new schools opening in the Greater Houston SMSA, will he hold out for a HC position? I think Seth Littrell is a good offensive mind. What part did "outside influences" play in Blake's removal? You have some pretty powerful families who can exert pressure on Seth in Denton. Did that happen? That is a conversation to be had face to face with a friend, not on the phone.

Todd knows or can certainly find out.
Who is Seth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores