Next Game: 5A Div II Semifinal, PN-G vs Liberty Hill Panthers, Friday Dec. 9, 7PM, Katy Legacy Stadium

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I’d like to think the Indians will gain some extra mojo from the Katy connection. Both coaches Joseph and McDaniel are state champion Katy Tigers and played there. It will certainly be a level of familiarity.

1990NDN

Calpreps PNG 35 Liberty Hill 31

Gonna be a good one!

Logic says PNGs defense is better than most. A strength for us. It takes a good defense to stop what LH does. Their defense isn't spectacular and they do allow some points. If our defense can control the line of scrimmage we win.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Calpreps PNG 35 Liberty Hill 31

Gonna be a good one!

Logic says PNGs defense is better than most. A strength for us. It takes a good defense to stop what LH does. Their defense isn't spectacular and they do allow some points. If our defense can control the line of scrimmage we win.
Computers don’t play games, as was shown last night. However, as I said in a previous post, the game plan is simple: stop the run (easier said than done but our defense is capable of it), run the ball well, throw in a few timely passes like we did against FBM, and play mistake free football. If we execute that game plan successfully, we win the game.

1990NDN

Computers don’t play games, as was shown last night. However, as I said in a previous post, the game plan is simple: stop the run (easier said than done but our defense is capable of it), run the ball well, throw in a few timely passes like we did against FBM, and play mistake free football. If we execute that game plan successfully, we win the game.
Yeah, Calpreps has been pretty wrong about us as a whole this season. Those computers can't measure heart. Should be an exciting game.

100+ Posts
Flour Bluff actually ran and passed against the LH defense pretty freely in the first half, then faded a bit in the 2nd half. We should do both pretty well as well.
One of the things we didn't handle well last night was the FBM hurry up offense; on a couple of plays our defense wasn't even set, and once when the ball was snapped a few guys were still looking at the sideline even. LH doesn't run a hurry up, they have an offensive huddle, but they sprint to the line, and about half the time it looks as though the ball is snapped before everyone is set, but the refs seldom if ever threw a flag for motion. It really looks odd, in a way. It'll be interesting. Surely our coaches will have the JV practice squad sprinting from the huddle to the line all week in practice.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Anyone find the 99 Semifinals game against Shertz Clemens on YouTube? I’ve looked and can’t find the full game.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Watched some LH game video. Their center literally fires off from the line and wraps his arms around the nose guard as he blocks. Holding, holding, holding.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Flour Bluff actually ran and passed against the LH defense pretty freely in the first half, then faded a bit in the 2nd half. We should do both pretty well as well.
One of the things we didn't handle well last night was the FBM hurry up offense; on a couple of plays our defense wasn't even set, and once when the ball was snapped a few guys were still looking at the sideline even. LH doesn't run a hurry up, they have an offensive huddle, but they sprint to the line, and about half the time it looks as though the ball is snapped before everyone is set, but the refs seldom if ever threw a flag for motion. It really looks odd, in a way. It'll be interesting. Surely our coaches will have the JV practice squad sprinting from the huddle to the line all week in practice.
Very similar to the State Champion Pleasant Grove teams
(They’ve gotten away from it recently unexplainably)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores