Next Game: 5A Div II Semifinal, PN-G vs Liberty Hill Panthers, Friday Dec. 9, 7PM, Katy Legacy Stadium

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
We have 2 coaches that coached at Vidor, so there's that. We have coaches that were players on the field against Vidor. So we aren't starting from scratch. I know LH is a totally different animal, but we have something to build on. We have the former DC of Katy who has won 5 state championships and coached in 7 state SC games. We are in the very best of hands to get us ready.

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
We have 2 coaches that coached at Vidor, so there's that. We have coaches that were players on the field against Vidor. So we aren't starting from scratch. I know LH is a totally different animal, but we have something to build on. We have the former DC of Katy who has won 5 state championships and coached in 7 state SC games. We are in the very best of hands to get us ready.
yes

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
After watching it on video, that's pretty blatant holding. Officials could call holding on most plays when an OL gets his hands outside the frame of the DL he is blocking, and officials don't want to call holding on every play, but that LH center tackling the NG is not a case of getting his hands outside the frame of the NG he's blocking. He is literally tackling the guy. I hope our NG blows him up and throws him to the ground. Also, LH does a ton of chop blocking. They chop block even when a DL is engaged or moving laterally. I thought that type of block was illegal? It should be. DLs and LBs could get knees blown out with that type of BS.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
After watching it on video, that's pretty blatant holding. Officials could call holding on most plays when an OL gets his hands outside the frame of the DL he is blocking, and officials don't want to call holding on every play, but that LH center tackling the NG is not a case of getting his hands outside the frame of the NG he's blocking. He is literally tackling the guy. I hope our NG blows him up and throws him to the ground. Also, LH does a ton of chop blocking. They chop block even when a DL is engaged or moving laterally. I thought that type of block was illegal? It should be. DLs and LBs could get knees blown out with that type of BS.
It is illegal. The more game video I've seen, the more obvious it is that LH frequently holds and chop blocks on offense, including on double teams, and their linebackers will purposely hit a leading blocker at the knees to take him out. That's also illegal.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe. I’m not going to mention it again. It’s akin to complaining about refs.

It’s obvious that LH does everything in their power to win.
If we can see it, we know that the coaches have and will prepare the team as much as possible to deal with it.

1990NDN

I've been putting in a lot of thought about this game. The match up. All that good stuff. The one thing is certain that I know beyond of a shadow of a doubt is this team will fight with everything in them. I'd say that's a fact. These kids pour their hearts out week after week. They play with fire. They don't back down. No matter what the predictions are, who their playing etc. They bring their very best. The epitome of PNG football.

I don't care what happens this week. I couldn't be more proud of this team. I already know they are gonna leave everything they have on the field.

LH better bring their A game. Their gonna need it.

What a season. Bring home State boys!! You can do it! We all believe in every single one of you!!

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It is illegal. The more game video I've seen, the more obvious it is that LH frequently holds and chop blocks on offense, including on double teams, and their linebackers will purposely hit a leading blocker at the knees to take him out. That's also illegal.
As someone else has previously noted, coaching staff needs to address this with refs prior to the game, as well as complaining about any blatant instances as they occur. No sense in just accepting that they get away with this, although they still might.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
Crazy to me how much this playoff run mirrors the ‘99 playoff run. From how much the FBM game compared to the LaMarque game to this game with both Liberty Hill and Schertz-Clemens run a similar offense and being in the semifinals. I think with this coaching staff, they’ve probably seen similar offenses and will have a good game plan on how to defend. Biggest thing our offense has to do is score points because the possessions will be limited with their style of offense.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Crazy to me how much this playoff run mirrors the ‘99 playoff run. From how much the FBM game compared to the LaMarque game to this game with both Liberty Hill and Schertz-Clemens run a similar offense and being in the semifinals. I think with this coaching staff, they’ve probably seen similar offenses and will have a good game plan on how to defend. Biggest thing our offense has to do is score points because the possessions will be limited with their style of offense.
I was thinking the same thing when recalling the SC game, and as you will all recall that was a tough one. As much as possible we do need TDs rather than FGs, although it is nice to have a good chance for FGs if need be.

1990NDN

Here's a lil known side fact going into this game. The 5A linebacker sack leader, best we can tell from stats that have been reported, is a LB from South Oak Cliff. Sitting at 16 sacks. Our own #3 is sitting at 15 on the season. Not bad for a 5'6 150 lb outside linebacker. We'll know for sure when the season is over and the final stats have been tallied up. I hope our boys are making huge hits in the backfield all night long Friday!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
“It is not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but the fight in the dog that wins.”

Some of the greatest, most accomplished PNG players in history were small in stature. And I will say from first hand knowledge that you can be outweighed by 50-60-70 pounds on the football field and still prevail against a bigger man lined up against you. It’s all about what’s in your heart and head, and plenty of quickness and stamina to go 100% all 4 quarters.

Go back and watch video of Baxter and Lang in 1999. Those guys were two dogs that carried plenty of bite at linebacker and cornerback.

1990NDN

I tell you what! If #44 Broom doesn't make All State it's gonna be a travesty. That kid has gotten better and better every single week. To see a d lineman that size making tackles for losses on the sidelines on opponents RBs is incredible. He moves east and west as good as anyone I've seen and he NEVER gets blown off the ball. For those who don't know, it is Leslie Brooms son who was a fantastic RB for PNG in the 80s. #44 is a monster. As well as #48 and all of our other d lineman that come in and out.

Also, got to call out #72 Ware on his punt coverage! He snaps the ball and is the first one down field at the kick receiver. Has anyone else noticed that? He's a big man. It's pretty incredible to watch. I feel sorry for any kick return guy who he ends connecting with wide open. Ouch.

Just more evidence of the effort and hustle on this team.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
“It is not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but the fight in the dog that wins.”

Some of the greatest, most accomplished PNG players in history were small in stature. And I will say from first hand knowledge that you can be outweighed by 50-60-70 pounds on the football field and still prevail against a bigger man lined up against you. It’s all about what’s in your heart and head, and plenty of quickness and stamina to go 100% all 4 quarters.

Go back and watch video of Baxter and Lang in 1999. Those guys were two dogs that carried plenty of bite at linebacker and cornerback.
Appreciate the compliment

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores