Next Game: 5A Div II Semifinal, PN-G vs Liberty Hill Panthers, Friday Dec. 9, 7PM, Katy Legacy Stadium

15PNG

500+ Posts
Ya'll better not disappoint me............ SHOW UP. I had to negotiate a lot with my job to be there (very political). And I'm riding east with the Liberty Hill crowd ;)

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I completely agree with you on that last point. I don't want to count unhatched chickens, but if we can hold onto Coach Joseph and the incredible staff he's assembled, and if they can continue to work the wonders they've worked this season, this could be the start of a string of deep playoff runs akin to what PN-G experienced during the mid '70s. And maybe - just maybe - that means a return to fan turnout like the Indian Faithful of old.
That was exactly my line of thinking.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
We have some believers :) but based on the fact that LH lost both of their top 2 rb's to what they said was broken collar bones on the same play? Both of the hosts of the stream today picked us ..not sure if that is good or bad haha.
Probably better to be the underdog to some extent. But the game is still played on the field in any case.

bandkid

Staff member
The last big crowd I can remember was at the dome in '99 vs Stephenville ..we had to have close to half of our side filled .... I would say at least 25 to 30k. If we win this week, I would expect some to still make the trek to Jerry's despite the further distance to travel only because a) it's the ship and b) Jerry's house is top notch (way nicer than NRG). The negative would be gas prices and most likely have to stay at a hotel over night.
Gas prices are, thankfully, cratering at exactly the right time.

(Just ask my Valero stock. :rolleyes:)

bandkid

Staff member
Lets not forget about the school board and Sup't. for doing there diligent home work on finding Coach Joseph, and also for the resources to reach out to Todd Dodge for assistance when needed. There were alot of laughs by others at this move. But we can laugh all the way Dallas!!!
Can't forget about the PN-G alumnus who stepped in behind the scenes and made the Dodge connection for the district, either.

There were definitely a lot of Southeast Texas spectators mocking or criticizing that decision, all of whom are conspicuously silent now. I have half a mind to ask some Nederland fans about "Daddy's money." :)

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Lord, all I want for Christmas is a state championship and this coaching staff to be content and remain in Port Neches, TX.
These types of runs attract coaches AND players
One key to the long success in Carthage is that if a kid is 6’4 in 8th grade living in Harrison or any county touching Panola Co they just happen to move to a studio apt in Carthage lol

bandkid

Staff member
These types of runs attract coaches AND players
One key to the long success in Carthage is that if a kid is 6’4 in 8th grade living in Harrison or any county touching Panola Co they just happen to move to a studio apt in Carthage lol
Lord only knows how many mailboxes went up in West Orange over the years....

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I guarantee it would be different if it was in Reliant.
More reliable and comfortable climate for fans. That being said back in 1974 I went to the playoff with Texas City as a 7 yo and to this day h
Lets not forget about the school board and Sup't. for doing there diligent home work on finding Coach Joseph, and also for the resources to reach out to Todd Dodge for assistance when needed. There were alot of laughs by others at this move. But we can laugh all the way Dallas!!!
Can't forget about the PN-G alumnus who stepped in behind the scenes and made the Dodge connection for the district, either.

There were definitely a lot of Southeast Texas spectators mocking or criticizing that decision, all of whom are conspicuously silent now. I have half a mind to ask some Nederland fans about "Daddy's money." :)
☝This right here.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts

MAJOR kudos to that person for making the connection with TD along with our SB and Administration for following through…GAME CHANGER for sure! I’ve heard many school districts are choosing to go with outside consultants to help select the BEST candidates for head coaching/AD positions. It definitely takes a lot of pressure off the SB and keeps everyone honest IMO.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
MAJOR kudos to that person for making the connection with TD along with our SB and Administration for following through…GAME CHANGER for sure! I’ve heard many school districts are choosing to go with outside consultants to help select the BEST candidates for head coaching/AD positions. It definitely takes a lot of pressure off the SB and keeps everyone honest IMO.
GO INDIANS! MAKE SOME MORE HISTORY!

1990NDN

Ya'll better not disappoint me............ SHOW UP. I had to negotiate a lot with my job to be there (very political). And I'm riding east with the Liberty Hill crowd ;)
You 1000% need to get some shoe polish on the back window "PNG#1 Scalp Em" and drive 85mph all the way past the LH fans.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores