Next Game: 5A Div II Semifinal, PN-G vs Liberty Hill Panthers, Friday Dec. 9, 7PM, Katy Legacy Stadium

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I tell you what! If #44 Broom doesn't make All State it's gonna be a travesty. That kid has gotten better and better every single week. To see a d lineman that size making tackles for losses on the sidelines on opponents RBs is incredible. He moves east and west as good as anyone I've seen and he NEVER gets blown off the ball. For those who don't know, it is Leslie Brooms son who was a fantastic RB for PNG in the 80s. #44 is a monster. As well as #48 and all of our other d lineman that come in and out.

Also, got to call out #72 Ware on his punt coverage! He snaps the ball and is the first one down field at the kick receiver. Has anyone else noticed that? He's a big man. It's pretty incredible to watch. I feel sorry for any kick return guy who he ends connecting with wide open. Ouch.

Just more evidence of the effort and hustle on this team.
This PNG team is loaded with soon to be all-state players.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
“I have been the last five or six years (to Liberty Hill),” Mathews said. “We have gone about eight or nine times all together in the last five or six years. It all started with a guy named Bruce Bush. His main guys restarted it at Liberty Hill, and they have taken it to the next level. They have evolved it a little bit more and made it the culture. Everything they do is centered around being successful in that offense.”

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious as to how the picks actually work. How many players at each position? Is it all of 5A or broke down by Region? Etc. Anyone know? It does seem on deep run years you get more than usual.
Feels like we may be jinxing things by talking about post season activities. I’d rather see a state championship than post season honors. Hoping for a great game and win against a tough Liberty Hill team. And the honors will come as earned.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
“I have been the last five or six years (to Liberty Hill),” Mathews said. “We have gone about eight or nine times all together in the last five or six years. It all started with a guy named Bruce Bush. His main guys restarted it at Liberty Hill, and they have taken it to the next level. They have evolved it a little bit more and made it the culture. Everything they do is centered around being successful in that offense.”

Yeah. All the descriptions of LH… small, tough, quick, a well tuned offensive machine, that is the exact description of the 1974-77 PNG team. Back when Bruce Bush, Greg Davis and other greats were on staff. We executed like LH. Even if the other team knew it was coming we would keep running a play until they stopped it.

As an old PNG coach used to say, “better buckle up that chinstrap”. There’s going to be some slobber knocking going on Friday.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I wish we had a second team offense that ran this offense
The kickoff return team and some of the defensive players run 10 plays to perfection something the other team has to prepare for. It’s an offense you run when you don’t have the prototypes on OL etc or prototype QB

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Football will always favor the running game IMO
it’s about first downs, field position, keeping the ball out of the other team’s hands
It’s super tough to stop a running game 4 downs 2.5 yards per play
The pass will always accentuate the running game and open up as you run NS for yardage. And it demoralizes the defense especially the front 7

1990NDN

Lots of talk going on everywhere about our Defense beating the Slot T. In reality the key to the game is LHs weaker defense stopping our offense. I think we will be able to run, pass, score successfully. Definitely the weakest defense we've maybe even faced in the last 4 weeks. If we can have a great offensive night, it puts our Defense in a position to just have to force as many 3 and outs as possible. This is why win. I believe they are in a worse position trying to slow us down. Defense making 3-4 turnover on downs is gonna be all we need. Just my two cents.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of talk going on everywhere about our Defense beating the Slot T. In reality the key to the game is LHs weaker defense stopping our offense. I think we will be able to run, pass, score successfully. Definitely the weakest defense we've maybe even faced in the last 4 weeks. If we can have a great offensive night, it puts our Defense in a position to just have to force as many 3 and outs as possible. This is why win. I believe they are in a worse position trying to slow us down. Defense making 3-4 turnover on downs is gonna be all we need. Just my two cents.
The method in which the Indians offense gouged holes through Fort Bend Marshall’s vaunted defense and burned them on long and short passes was very encouraging. It’s going to take a helluva defense to stop PNG. Crippen, Nguyen, Adams, Prosperie, Guarnere, Hebert, and even more backup receivers who can catch and run. And an o-line that is a wall of power. An offensive line that may end up earning the honor of best ever at PNG.

LH is going to use their quickness to blitz and stunt , especially on the edges to try and pressure Crippen and stop Adams in the backfield. It will be interesting to see what the coaches cook up to keep them honest.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts

Gonna have to avoid mistakes and keep our foot on the gas for 4 full quarters to win this one. No doubt we have the ability to do it, but we have to execute and take the view that no lead is safe. May not be able to afford the scoring droughts we have had in the second halves of several playoff games this year. Or, alternatively, our defense may have to be even more solid than it was in the second halves of those games. Once again, I have a great deal of faith in the team and the coaching staff, but we definitely need to have an appropriate level of respect for this opponent.

100+ Posts
Maybe. I’m not going to mention it again. It’s akin to complaining about refs.

It’s obvious that LH does everything in their power to win.
If we can see it, we know that the coaches have and will prepare the team as much as possible to deal with it.
As far as I'm concerned we've already played against the dirtiest team in the state, twice against one that wasn't too far behind the worst one, and at least a couple more that weren't too far behind the worst one either. Hopefully we will have refs that will nip that stuff in the bud or else keep throwing flags until the LH coaches sit some players down. Like one of our players said to me yesterday, "we're ready for them".

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
That certainly could be a factor, but it doesn’t really matter. Defensive preparation and games plans will be the same. And they have plenty of hard running backs.

The recent Austin American Satesman article stated the following about the Flour Bluff game.

“… each aggravated shoulder injuries early in the game.”

“The Panthers still rolled up an unofficial 545 yards on the ground despite the absence of their top two backs, who may miss next week’s state semifinal against Port Neches-Groves.”

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores