Next Game: 5A Division II State Championship

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
I think that in addition to avoiding turnovers, playing well all 4 quarters is the key. We need to get off to a quick start like we usually do, but we can’t afford to let off the gas until the final tick of the clock. SOC has shown that if you don’t play well the entire game. or if you fail to effectively counter adjustments they make as the game progresses, they can turn a close game into a comfortable lead pretty quickly like they did against Emerson (or can overcome a deficit like they did against us last year). Nevertheless, I think that with the right play calling (which I trust the coaching staff to execute), if we play as well as we are capable for a full 4 quarters they will have a hard time beating us.
yes the key dont fall flat in the second half

Torino

500+ Posts
To Indian Fan and all. Statewide Alumni are active. I am having special purple and white shirts made and are to be ready for pick up on Wed at a local tailor. The shirts say:
PNG TRIBE
TOP OF TEXAS
(BOOKER}

JIM & ANN

It is 486 mile from my house to ATT stadium. We will be traveling on Fri. We will make a number of stops on the way and we will proudly show off the "Purple and White" at every stop.

Over two weeks ago we made our reservations at the Arlington Hilton. So, we will get up early and get over to the stadium as soon as the parking gates open.. When the information is available, will someone direct me to the site that gives the parking lot gate where we need to park.

The parts of my family that will be at the game:
Niece from Argyle
Nephew and his wife and family (6) from Groves
Brother and his wife from Houston

I am also contacting our Class of '59 events coordinator to get out the message that the band kid's and all other auxiliary members can have adequate funds for food.

PS: Booker is the most northern incorporated community in the great state of Texas.

God bless PNG
I've been to Booker and lived in Borger. People from SE TX who haven't been there can't fathom the contrast. Had any snow so far?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
In the SC game they will have it in terms of distance from home, but not in terms of fan support.
BINGO!! I’m sure they’ll have a big crowd and they SHOULD cause AT&T is in their BACKYARD, but LOCATION means NOTHING to INDIAN NATION…we’ll bring MORE fans than you to ANY stadium ANYWHERE!! Put this game at NRG and see how many fans from the DFW show up…lol!

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Just read an article on last years game to refresh my memory. PNG mistakes and a few big plays was the only reason we lost. I did not recall that they only completed NINE passes in the game…for 235 yards. I did recall that they had a pick 6 and a safety, and if not for those two things alone it would have been anybody’s game (edit: I was later reminded that they actually got TWO safeties, therefore making these 3 mistakes give them their margin of victory). This game is VERY winnable. In fact, I think we actually have a better chance than last year. We just have to avoid turnovers, minimize penalties, execute the way we are capable, and keep the pedal on the metal for all 4 quarters.

Last edited:

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
ONE PLAY
the personal foul on 3rd down
Right before halftime
By fact the late hit was AFTER the play should have been fourth down but they got 3rd down - converted 3rd down
Got a questionable PI and scored a TD before Half
Should
Have been 4th and long I believe we would have won the game but for that penalty

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
ONE PLAY
Right before halftime
By fact the late hit was AFTER the play should have been fourth down but they got 3rd down - converted 3rd down
Should
Have been 4th and long I believe we would have won the game but for that penalty
Yea a total bs call....

99NDN99

ONE PLAY
Right before halftime
Should
I do remember the PI that was very questionable and that scoring there really turned the momentum. But as for the personal foul I don't remember that. Either way, though, a PF after the play was over should be adjudicated as Unnecessary Roughness or Unsportsmanlike Contact. That comes with an automatic first down.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
ONE PLAY
Right before halftime
Should

Now that you further refreshed my memory (I have for the most part tried to forget this game until recently), I knew at the time that the penalty was huge. I also think we would have stopped that drive, and the TD before halftime gave them momentum when they were getting the ball to start the second half. It then became critical to get a stop on their first drive and we were only partially successful as they got a field goal. The SECOND safety on the botched punt then allowed them to tie the game. Avoid those types of mistakes and we bring back the trophy this time. We have had some problems with bad snaps at times this season, so the coaching staff should devote extra practice time to long snaps in preparation for this game.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
I do remember the PI that was very questionable and that scoring there really turned the momentum. But as for the personal foul I don't remember that. Either way, though, a PF after the play was over should be adjudicated as Unnecessary Roughness or Unsportsmanlike Contact. That comes with an automatic first down.
We stopped them on third down and then there was a dead ball foul on #81. Should have been a fourth and 12 but instead the ref's gave them a 3rd down and 12.

Start at 36.00

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Just read an article on last years game to refresh my memory. PNG mistakes and a few big plays was the only reason we lost. I did not recall that they only completed NINE passes in the game…for 235 yards. I did recall that they had a pick 6 and a safety, and if not for those two things alone it would have been anybody’s game (edit: I was later reminded that they actually got TWO safeties, therefore making these 3 mistakes give them their margin of victory). This game is VERY winnable. In fact, I think we actually have a better chance than last year. We just have to avoid turnovers, minimize penalties, execute the way we are capable, and keep the pedal on the metal for all 4 quarters.
Also seemed like being on the “big stage” had an impact on their ability to stay focused and avoid some of the mental mistakes. But now that they’ve all “been there before” by either playing on the field, watching from the sidelines or as a spectator amongst the PNG Faithful it shouldn’t be an issue. EXPERIENCE in a game of this magnitude counts for A LOT and SOC had that advantage, but that was LAST YEAR!!

bandkid

Staff member
I'm not taking anything from the 2022 Indians. That was a team that took time to adjust to a new system and really came into its own after we got to the playoffs.

The 2023 Indians are better at this point in the season than the 2022 Indians were. They're more accustomed to the system, more seasoned, and more disciplined. All in all, they're better prepared for the championship than last year.

We're going to win this, folks.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
I'm not taking anything from the 2022 Indians. That was a team that took time to adjust to a new system and really came into its own after we got to the playoffs.

The 2023 Indians are better at this point in the season than the 2022 Indians were. They're more accustomed to the system, more seasoned, and more disciplined. All in all, they're better prepared for the championship than last year.

We're going to win this, folks.
Yep. I think you are 100 percent correct.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores