Official Game Thread: PN-G vs. Vidor Pirates

NDN79

500+ Posts
Chase turned in another spectacular performance last night.The passing game was kind of "flat" last night, so it was great to have the running game come through for us again! Good job by the defense too--they are improving!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
It was a great game but two things bother me - personal fouls and the sacking of our QB. Not used to seeing him sacked.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
OldEagle said:
It was a great game but two things bother me - personal fouls and the sacking of our QB. Not used to seeing him sacked.

Agreed ... you can't make mistakes and survive in the playoffs. Penalties and turnovers will end your post season. We need to clean up the penalties ... I'm all for aggression and I'm all for being rough and ready, but we've got to control our aggression and play between the whistles.

On the bright side ... I think we've found a leader in our secondary ... Junior DB Chase Romero has emerged. Now, the other guys need to continue following his lead. Next year, our DBs should be a strength with a year of experience under their belts.

Go Indians. Peace.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Consistent with General Neyland's Maxims, the victory last night went to the team with the fewest mistakes. The Indians forced and capitalized on turnovers; had Vidor taken better care of the ball, the outcome may have been very different. Playoff teams will make fewer mistakes and, as has been said a number of times this season, the Indian Defense needs to get off the field when presented with those 3rd and long opportunities.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
OldEagle said:

Agreed ... you can't make mistakes and survive in the playoffs. Penalties and turnovers will end your post season. We need to clean up the penalties ... I'm all for aggression and I'm all for being rough and ready, but we've got to control our aggression and play between the whistles.

On the bright side ... I think we've found a leader in our secondary ... Junior DB Chase Romero has emerged. Now, the other guys need to continue following his lead. Next year, our DBs should be a strength with a year of experience under their belts.

Go Indians. Peace.

Ya'll may need to come up with nicknames for both of your "Chases"...
I agree 1989, the Romero kid has really exploded into a top-quality DB..Staying healthy, he's going to be a major contributor thru the playoffs and next season.

alwaysanindian83

We were missing Nicotre #70 on our O-line last night. He got injured during the LCM game. Hoping he will be back for Central. I believe that was a factor last night not having him on the line.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
1989NDN said:
OldEagle said:

Go Indians. Peace.

Ya'll may need to come up with nicknames for both of your "Chases"...
I agree 1989, the Romero kid has really exploded into a top-quality DB..Staying healthy, he's going to be a major contributor thru the playoffs and next season.
Chase "DB" has been called "spunky" and "lankey" by the PA News, and everyone has been give-n him heck ! Told him he better put on some lbs over the off season before it sticks !

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I like Chase. With both Chase's playing so well, I like being able to yell "Go Chase" all night.

Both families should be proud of their sons!!!

miss_loudmouth_ndn

15PNG said:
are the woohoo ladies ruining the PN-G broadcast? If they are, I'm going to stay on the Vidor broadcast

Ruining? Really? Instead of bashing them, maybe you should be at the game instead of listening via broadcast.

hookem14

100+ Posts
miss_loudmouth_ndn said:
15PNG said:
are the woohoo ladies ruining the PN-G broadcast? If they are, I'm going to stay on the Vidor broadcast

Ruining? Really? Instead of bashing them, maybe you should be at the game instead of listening via broadcast.
I had to listen as well. Some people shift work. Can't allways be there.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
miss_loudmouth_ndn said:
15PNG said:

Indian fans are statewide, nationwide, and worldwide. PNG15 lives in Austin. Many others live much further away.

I live west of Houston and live a hectic life. My recreation time is spending time with family, driving to work and back, sleeping, and this web site. I don't make it to many games but I promise you I am no less a fan than you.

We can't be at the games. And we all depend on the web cast. And it's nice to hear the game action clearly.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores