Official Game Thread: PN-G vs. Vidor Pirates

NDN79

500+ Posts
I agree completely IndianFan! Being an Indian fan is not a singular or individual experience. It's about sharing our love for all things Indian's with ALL FANS from everywhere. We all live in a 24 / 7 work-place, and not all of us are fortunate enough to attend all of the games, or even 1 for that matter.We should come together as fans and be willing to make the Indian Fan Experience great for everyone--either on the radio,internet, or live in person. Being an Indian is about sharing our love for everything purple in a positive way--not bragging about what a great fan we are because we make the most noise!! IMHO :)

badndn

500+ Posts
Pretty sure I had the pleasure of sitting in front of some of the WooHoo ladies in Vidor. I had a splitting headache when we left, but the last thing I was going to do was tell anyone at a PNG game to stop cheering so loudly! Just popped some Tylenol! ;D

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I was near them too and there were people griping about them. I told them that they are into the game and supporting their team, which is a lot better than sitting on your hands and acting like you are at a golf tournament.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
I still don't understand why it offends people so bad when others cheer on those boys on the field. I mean really isn't that what we should all be doing in whatever way you see fit. I am not saying that everyone should stand up and yell but why complain when others do.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
It seems that most of the complaints about the Woo Hoo Ladies comes from those who a listeningto the game on the radio.

So, I have a suggestion: for the sake of the PNG fans who live away or have to work; could the WoooHooO Ladies change seats at the game so that they are not drowning out the radio? I am not bashing anyone, trying to stay neutral and satisfy all. I am not even sure if they could change seats, some others would have to agree to switch, but maybe it is worth a try.

I am all for cheering, while at the same time respecting those who can't be at the game. :whiteflag:

NDN79

500+ Posts
I'm sorry but you are all missing my point. Miss loudmouth was being critical of a fan for not being at the game,and listening on the radio. I was agreeing with Indianfan and Hookem--sometimes people must work, or they live out of town,state,or country and can only follow PNG games via radio or internet. This does not make them bad fans. As far as cheering and making noise goes--I could care less what you do, but telling people about it on this board does not make you a better fan than others.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
For me anyone who supports those kids on the field, the girls on the track, the Indianettes and Band kids in the stands are all super fans in my book. No matter who yells, whoo hoos, stands or sits in your seat doesn't matter at all as long as you support those kids 100% that is what matters. Yes those boys on the field at times love for us in the stands to make some noise and it is OK to do that however you chose.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
Instad of putting down a fan that is excited about PNG football and cheering!, have the broadcaster clsoe the window or something to eleminate the outside noise, then you can hear the annoucers only and then be bored with the game casue you can not hear the crowd! geeeze ppl get a life, i listen to the game on the net/radio and i can hera it all of what going on jut have to pay attetion to what is going on! LIKE I SAID BEFORE THE DAY THERE IS NO CHEERING AT A png FOOOTBALL GAME IS THE DAY THE GAME OF FOOTBALL DIES!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Let me just say that I have a good friend whose son is a starter on the team and he said it's not whether the fans are cheering or not that bothers them the most...it's the mass exodus of purple that occurs whether we are winning or losing. He said their heads are so into the game and they are taught to tune out the crowd noise, but when the play is over and they look up in the stands and see hundreds of purple shirts filing out of the stadium...that bothers them! Now, please don't start saying the team doesn't care whether we cheer or not, that's not what he's saying at all! He's just saying the fans leaving in droves is REALLY noticable to the whole team...and it hurts...especially at home games! They do want the crowd to make as much noise as possible or they wouldn't be on the sidelines raising their hands to get the crowd to make more noise...so keep it up...however you want whether it's standing and yelling woo hoo or sitting and yelling...just do it...but let's try and do it until the END!!

15PNG

500+ Posts
I haven't been able to respond due to my workload this week, so I log in and see this mess. So, since I seem to have been the 'cause' of this commotion, I'll respond to this once:

(1) My 'complaining' was not that people were cheering loudly. My complaint was I have a hard time hearing due to the 'woohoo'ing. Do I find it obnoxious? Yes. Maybe my connection isn't as good as some that say they hear wonderfully. My fault, I will look into that. If they move the mic, away from right on top of it, fabulous, we all win.

(2) the boys want you to cheer, I know that personally, the boys want you to stay, I know this personally, the boys want you to believe... I know this personally. So don't stop, EVER.

(3) At first my post was meant to be funny about every 10 words or so being 'woohoo' on the broadcast. But, as has been the case on this board in the last couple of seasons and specifically this year MY GOSH the drama that erupts from any comment on here is mind boggling.

(4) and most importantly, anyone on here who thinks that because I can't BE there and makes it seem as though I'm no less a fan, know this.... I have a SON playing here in Round Rock Stony Point...... I'm there to support him, he is family..... and I look like a complete jackass standing up cheering in the stands listening to the Indians. And I receive MANY dirty looks because I'm not completely into THEIR game. It has been the source of MANY arguments between my wife and I. I am there, but my heart is at PN-G. In my tenure of playing for PN-G, I have had two concussions (before anyone cared about them), both knees hyper-extended, and a broken ankle.......... and I'D DO IT AGAIN without blinking. So anyone who thinks any less of me can kiss my true purple blood, with the scars to show for it........ Indian backside.

NDN79

500+ Posts
AMEN '15!! I agree with you completely!Good Luck to your son and the R.R.Stony Point team--and keep on listening and cheering on the Indians. You are a great fan!!

pngmom4

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
I'm sorry but you are all missing my point. Miss loudmouth was being critical of a fan for not being at the game,and listening on the radio. I was agreeing with Indianfan and Hookem--sometimes people must work, or they live out of town,state,or country and can only follow PNG games via radio or internet. This does not make them bad fans. As far as cheering and making noise goes--I could care less what you do, but telling people about it on this board does not make you a better fan than others.

You are so right. With all of the shift workers in the are, there is no way that everyone could be at every game. Also, lots of people move from the area and they can't be expected to be here either. Sometimes we have to rely on the radio, and I for one a grateful to have that option.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I, for one, respect and appreciate our out-of-town Indians (for that is what they are--INDIANS). One of our sons lives in Phoenix and never misses a broadcast. PNG15 was right when he said some noise was obnoxious. I yell very loudly when the boys do something great- not just to yell- and I don't yell in people's ears. As for the people who leave early, shame on them!! It makes the boys and the rest of the fans look bad. Please, parents, if your child is in the band or Indianettes or twirler, etc, please come and enjoy the game, too. Those of us who have no students participating enjoy watching your child and cheer them on as well. Can't you be courteous also?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores