PN-G @ Huntsville

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I don’t think ANYONE’S fan base is like PNG…lol! However, Huntsville’s Superintendent is a PNG grad, former band kid and Asst Band Director for a bit after college so I can ASSURE you they’ve been informed that this is a big game! :p
PNG is the pinnacle of HS football in the WORLD not just Texas
No other school has this much support from the community
Most places have family and friends of players, band, cheer/dance etc
THATS it
50 year season tickets not unusual
And maybe even multiple sets
Sometimes here in Houston people may ask about my weekend (not as much this year)
Sometimes they have no idea (some houstonians have heard rumors of various activities outside of 610)(but would never leave the loop to find out if it’s true)
But SOMETIMES … when I least expect it I hear “oh man we used to LOVE to go to PNG INDIANS games”

Specifically once I just described the overall vibe since I was speaking to an older lady I figured she had no clue she said “that sounds like you’re talking about the PNG INDIANS”
Yep

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I’ll also say
That some plays on D vs LC
there was some level of “optical illusion”
To player positioning after I watched some of the highlights on different formats (different angles)
I agree we’re used to the finished product that mostly dominated a team with 11 (national record all time) and I believe 8 D1 commits
(Our runner up year SOC set the record NATIONALLY for the most D1 commits)

And regardless we should have beat them in 22 AND 23
Main point we didn’t always look great at the beginning of either of those years but it came together at the right time.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I wonder who he is rooting for.
He may say Huntsville...but there's an old, old saying at PN-G, one that the Huntsville Superintendent will know very well, "Once an Indian, ALWAYS an Indian." Also, he knows Cherokee, and he's probably biting a hole in his tounge to keep from saying, "Always be faithful, to purple and white." So, he may say, Huntsville because that's where his paycheck comes from, but we all know, he bleeds purple and his heart and spirit belongs to PN-G. We are PN-G!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I’ll also say
That some plays on D vs LC
there was some level of “optical illusion”
To player positioning after I watched some of the highlights on different formats (different angles)
I agree we’re used to the finished product that mostly dominated a team with 11 (national record all time) and I believe 8 D1 commits
(Our runner up year SOC set the record NATIONALLY for the most D1 commits)

And regardless we should have beat them in 22 AND 23
Main point we didn’t always look great at the beginning of either of those years but it came together at the right time.

This is the week when the PN-G defense plays a solid game. I believe in our kids. Hit, wrap-up, hang-on, and get all 11 Indians around the football. This is the week! GO INDIANS!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
He may say Huntsville...but there's an old, old saying at PN-G, one that the Huntsville Superintendent will know very well, "Once an Indian, ALWAYS an Indian." Also, he knows Cherokee, and he's probably biting a hole in his tounge to keep from saying, "Always be faithful, to purple and white." So, he may say, Huntsville because that's where his paycheck comes from, but we all know, he bleeds purple and his heart and spirit belongs to PN-G. We are PN-G!
I know he’s very vocal about how PROUD he is to be from PNG and his desire to instill the same Honor, Pride, and Tradition in Huntsville!! Speaking of Cherokee…I wouldn’t be surprised if their band plays it and War Chant cause they did in the playoff game last year….I’m sure he had something to do with that since he’s a former PNG band kid and Asst Band Director….lol!

bandkid

Staff member
PNG alumni in Katy with Season tickets haven’t missed a game. Paying hotel taxes in Midcounty for PNG home games making pleasure trips back to the home of Indian Nation. I have waited 48 years to once again experience the return of the glory years. The game experiences of 1974- 1977 are once in a life time memories that should be experienced first hand. The 1976 play off in the Astrodome against Houston Memorial was a game decided by other teams false starts due overwhelming PNG crowd noise. . This is not the
Hunger games to be observed from afar. PNG team, band, cheerleaders and indianettes deserve a purple out sale out of our side and part of the Huntsville home side. Who are we? PNG
Hell yeah. This is the PN-G mentality we’re famous for. Best post I’ve ever read on this site. Welcome to the messageboard.

100+ Posts
Huntsville Hornets Coach's Show. Lots of chatter about the PN-G @ Huntsville game.

I hope the Huntsville coach tells his team to just relax tonight, and don't worry about PNG. No worries. Lake Creek should have beat PNG; they had many opportunities but just didn't get it done. Huntsville should be super confident. :)
PNG on the other hand is considered the underdog by the DC talking heads, travelling far into visiting territory, certainly no home field advantage, small visitors' stands, with home field refs. I hope they've got their chin straps tightened and a fire in their bellies.

Last edited:

#1 NDN FAN

PNG alumni in Katy with Season tickets haven’t missed a game. Paying hotel taxes in Midcounty for PNG home games making pleasure trips back to the home of Indian Nation. I have waited 48 years to once again experience the return of the glory years. The game experiences of 1974- 1977 are once in a life time memories that should be experienced first hand. The 1976 play off in the Astrodome against Houston Memorial was a game decided by other teams false starts due overwhelming PNG crowd noise. . This is not the
Hunger games to be observed from afar. PNG team, band, cheerleaders and indianettes deserve a purple out sale out of our side and part of the Huntsville home side. Who are we? PNG
You accurately described the feelings of myself, and many others on this board, who remember the glory years. I was part of that crowd in the Astrodome at that Memorial playoff game in '76. It's wonderful that 21st century PN-G students and fans are getting to experience what we experienced when we were young. I too, yearned to see history repeat itself, with PN-G winning a state championship, and being ranked #1 in the state. I just wish it had happened before I moved out of Texas!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores