PN-G Indians - 2023 5A-DII State Champions!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
From the UIL Store website -
"NOTE: You (the purchaser) must save all digital downloads onto your computer or storage device. With each purchase you are granted access to digital items for 1 year or 5 downloads, whichever occurs first. The UIL can not reverse that counter, so you (the purchaser) are responsible for saving these digital files."

So. yes, I'm sure the 1 year access refers to how long you will be able to download the file.
It’s still a bit disingenuous for them to have that policy. The storage costs would be trivial and so this sounds like nothing more than a way to gouge customers who might lose their copy.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It’s still a bit disingenuous for them to have that policy. The storage costs would be trivial and so this sounds like nothing more than a way to gouge customers who might lose their copy.

I also don’t know what the “5 downloads” means. 5 download “attempts”? Download to 5 different devices (i.e., maximum of 5 copies)? Does file have DRM mechanism that prevents transfer to DVD (most likely it does)?

90NDN

500+ Posts
In past years, we would at times have a good defense, but they always allowed big plays which killed us. This defense of the past 2 years did a much better job of keeping plays in check ... we would still occasionally give up the big play, but it wasn't very frequent.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
does anyone know how big a flash drive I would need to download the State game ? Is there new technology out there that would work better?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Your best bet is to download it directly to your computer and then transfer it over to a flash drive afterward. That would reduce any chance of a download hiccup and should be faster. Any quality solid state portable or flash drive should do the job. Someone who has downloaded it can tell you the file size. I make backups of files and store in multiple locations in case the hardware fails.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Great article. This also describes the mentality and success in the 70s as well. Hard work, preparation, execution and going above and beyond. All of the above positioned the team to beat bigger, faster opponents.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Great article. This also describes the mentality and success in the 70s as well. Hard work, preparation, execution and going above and beyond. All of the above positioned the team to beat bigger, faster opponents.

I have a greater appreciation for Coach Joseph the more I learn about him. And this article clarifies something many of us have known or suspected for a long time about our preparation. It’s not all about X’s and O’s!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely. Football has always been about matchups. About beating the man across from you or whoever your responsibility is on any given play. When a player knows his responsibility and wins the 1-1, good things are going to happen. If 11 players do that on the same play, great things happen. Take that to the next level with players who go beyond responsibility and make amazing plays, and you have champions. Trickery and schemes try to gain advantage over the other team, but fundamental, great play will trump that. It’s always been that way, and I am also glad that Coach Joseph and McDaniel are establishing and engraining those basic concepts again.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
What a great story we are all living through. To be honest I didn’t know if anything could ever top the 70’s 4-year run. Fast forward to 2022-23 and it has. And it’s not over yet.

I don’t care what the haters think or say. There is not a better representation of Texas football than PN-G. Of course there are bigger winners and actual dynasties like Carthage, Westlake, Southlake Carroll, Katy, Northshore, Celina, Refugio, Mart and others. But none represent like the PN-G Indians. What great times.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
PNG is the pinnacle of HS football
It’s the reason that no matter where I go my hobby has been HS football

From Texarkana to Marshall/Longview to La to Houston
No one does it (on the whole planet) like PNG

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
I’m joking sort of

But you guys who live there

Never let one of the assistant coaches pay for a meal at a restaurant lol

Make it worth their while to be in a secondary role in a football town.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If Port Neches and Groves don’t treat these guys like football royalty, someplace else gladly will. And it’s not just football. PN-G has outstanding coaches in every sport, but football is king.

I don’t know as much about Groves, but living in Port Neches is at an entirely different level than when I was growing up and before I left. Downtown and the riverfront have added a lot of good options.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
Agree 100%
But no other sport but football pays the coach what football does
They’re all teachers with a stipend.
So yes
The basketball coach probably needs it even more ha

BUT
the assistant coaches have more incentive to take the head coaching job somewhere else.

bandkid

Staff member
If Port Neches and Groves don’t treat these guys like football royalty, someplace else gladly will. And it’s not just football. PN-G has outstanding coaches in every sport, but football is king.

I don’t know as much about Groves, but living in Port Neches is at an entirely different level than when I was growing up and before I left. Downtown and the riverfront have added a lot of good options.
Just wait. Give it about ten more years, and some of that suburban Houston money is gonna start hitting Jefferson County.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores