PN-G Indians - 2023 5A-DII State Champions!

Torino

500+ Posts
In the case of SOC, the victim mentality was bound to surface. PN-G winning the game just does not fit into the superior 'legendary' and 'mecca' narrative that was being sold. How could anyone compete with the 'dominant', 'legendary' inner city Dallas program that, according to their potty mouth head coach, had accomplished more than any program in the history of Texas high school football?

Truth is there were plenty of egregious non-calls in SOC's favor in that game as well. Bottom line is PN-G's defense kicked more a** than SOC in the end, and SOC couldn't score enough to win. PN-G outgained and outscored them. That's football.
What was the meaning of "The Mecca?

100+ Posts
According to the SOC coach, their story is the greatest in all of Texas HS sports history and should be made into movie. He said this in the post game press conference.
As opposed to SOC, here is a quote from the Houston Chronicle from the North Shore QB, after their loss to Duncanville yesterday.

Quote of the night: “First and foremost, I believe that God does everything for a reason. It was a blessing just having the opportunity to come back out here and compete with my brothers. We just came up a little short this year.” - North Shore QB Kaleb Bailey

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of the sneaky colored gloves , do you think SoC made holding part of their game plans on a regular basis? Those sneaky meccans… Coach Legend better go watch some film on that too. :D

indians87

Here's another aspect to consider. The Indians did not play their best on offense with at least a couple of motion penalties inside the 5, a dropped TD pass, and another slightly low pass at the goal line that factored into settling for the field goals. Yes SOC played tough defense at times but the Indians were not firing on all cylinders at times. Regardless the Indians survived 'death row' and beat on them enough to score 20 points while SOC was limited to 78 yards in the first half and less than 200 for the game. If SOC's defense was 'death row' then let's come up with a good moniker for PN-G's defense.
The Warden

100+ Posts
Surely God has more important things to do than be concerned with football outcomes. The Houston Barnacle is a liberal rag that can’t be bothered to mention PN-G unless it’s about contrived controversy.
There is no "dislike" key for your post, so I'll just say this. My post was neither about God nor the Chronicle. It was a comparison of attitudes of two different losing teams; a young QB from N. Shore vs the head coach of SOC. Which was the subject at the time of the post.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
They ended up with 167 yards total. According to another sites stats PNG ended the season with a little over 16ppg allowed.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores