PN-G Indians - 2023 5A-DII State Champions!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Thinking back on it, when the flag was thrown, I don't recall any booing from their side. I may be wrong, but i didn't hear any. The jumbotron showed a confused Coach Todd, but i don't recall him chewing out a ref for it.The announcers started this with calling it bad and it took off from there. Stepp retracted his part in it, but the damage has been done.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
An SOC fan posted that it's going to be investigated..lol When everything comes back
legit, they still won't believe it. We were an after thought to them, now we are all they're thinking about.
No reasoning with this person. Here is a live chat where she questions why the referee didn’t through the PI flag until after the play. Apparently she doesn’t understand that the ref is focusing on the end of the play for possible completion and possession in bounds.

Last edited:

bandkid

Staff member
I present to you....Section 1204 UIL constitution on Sports Officials...not only does beginning a game constitute agreement but a protest based on a call on the field won't even be considered SOC fans are grasping at straws at this point its truly pathetic

Not to mention that the conflict of interest policy is a TASO policy, not a UIL policy. If there is any punishment to be doled out under that policy (I'm skeptical), it would be applied to the ref in question, not to the team. Thus, it won't change the outcome of the game.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
I present to you....Section 1204 UIL constitution on Sports Officials...not only does beginning a game constitute agreement but a protest based on a call on the field won't even be considered SOC fans are grasping at straws at this point its truly pathetic

The ref they're filing about isn't even the ref that made the PI call. Do they really think the UIL is taking back the hardware and giving it to them.

NHSBulldogFan

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I have visions of memes running through my head but not going to stoke that fire. They would go viral and we are better off letting it all just pass. And classier than that. And better winners than that. But man could that have been fun. ;)

NHSBulldogFan

No reasoning with this person. Here is a live chat where she questions why the referee didn’t through the PI flag until after the play. Apparently she doesn’t understand that the ref is focusing on the end of the play for possible completion and possession in bounds.
Not only that but she posted the live of the game and has a great shot of the defensive holding on the play in question

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
There’s NOTHING worse than a sore loser! Good calls, bad calls, no calls, or “hometown ref” drama doesn’t change the fact they had 3 timeouts and PLENTY of time left to tie or win the game on their last drive but our defense got the STOP…GAME OVER!!

Indian99

500+ Posts
Another thing to consider is what these actions by the coach/community are teaching these kids with this grievance/investigation. They should seize this as an opportunity to show the kids that sometimes you fail in life, it’s how you react to that failure that will lead to your success in the future. It’s sad that the kids are caught up in this and are learning nothing but entitlement with their coach’s actions.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
Another thing to consider is what these actions by the coach/community are teaching these kids with this grievance/investigation. They should seize this as an opportunity to show the kids that sometimes you fail in life, it’s how you react to that failure that will lead to your success in the future. It’s sad that the kids are caught up in this and are learning nothing but entitlement with their coach’s actions.
Exactly, instead of making excuses they need to discuss how 167yrds offense is not gonna win you a state title and give credit where credit is due.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Not only that but she posted the live of the game and has a great shot of the defensive holding on the play in question

Here's possibly the best shot of all. You can see the DB grabbing Nunley WHILE the ball is in the air. Pass Interference. The ref is staring right at them. Case closed. It's nothing but a legendary pass interference example now.

1702995067511.png

Indian Pride

It’s just so pathetic for the almighty SOC to be crying, making excuses. They had what 162 total yards. Their lucky game was as close as it was. We were the better team Saturday. Bad sportsmanship by whole community.

Last edited:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores