PN-G Indians - 2023 5A-DII State Champions!

15PNG

500+ Posts
Another thing to consider is what these actions by the coach/community are teaching these kids with this grievance/investigation. They should seize this as an opportunity to show the kids that sometimes you fail in life, it’s how you react to that failure that will lead to your success in the future. It’s sad that the kids are caught up in this and are learning nothing but entitlement with their coach’s actions.
Hell the oaf wants a book written and a movie done about them. Victim, victim, victim - some Dallas tv folks are even saying they need to chill it looks bad. As someone mentioned, I don’t think they care because it - doesn’t - fit - the - narrative and their demands.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing to consider is what these actions by the coach/community are teaching these kids with this grievance/investigation. They should seize this as an opportunity to show the kids that sometimes you fail in life, it’s how you react to that failure that will lead to your success in the future. It’s sad that the kids are caught up in this and are learning nothing but entitlement with their coach’s actions.
The coach is probably angry because his book and movie aspirations just went down the drain. They all believe that was THEIR title and the other team MUST have cheated to be able to take it.

Maybe someone should do a documentary on the PNG Indians over the last 5 years or so. Cancer rates, hurricanes, plant explosions, homes damaged, benzene in the air, covid, social justice warriors attacking the community, etc. Tough, hard working families persevered and the kids lived through it all learning about adversity and the importance of helping others in the community. That toughness translated to the football field and will continue to be on the big stage. But no one in PN and Groves will be calling themselves legends no matter how many games are won.

Indian99

500+ Posts
The coach is probably angry because his book and movie aspirations just went down the drain. They all believe that was THEIR title and the other team MUST have cheated to be able to take it.

Maybe someone should do a documentary on the PNG Indians over the last 5 years or so. Cancer rates, hurricanes, plant explosions, homes damaged, benzene in the air, covid, social justice warriors attacking the community, etc. Tough, hard working families persevered and the kids lived through it all learning about adversity and the importance of helping others in the community. That toughness translated to the football field and will continue to be on the big stage. But no one in PN and Groves will be calling themselves legends no matter how many games are won.
You mean Coach Joseph won’t be wearing a gaudy gold Geronimo chain if we don’t win 2 more? Preposterous! :D

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
They're making it about race now. Everybody against inner schools and trying to keep Coach Todd from winning the 3peat. The whole broadcast was about SOC and their storyline. It was practically gaged to them winning. The Indians didn't follow the script
We came, we played, and we put the Golden Bears down.

Dallas can't have it all this time.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
They actually cancelled their parade because they lost. That is disgusting. Those kids deserved to be recognized for making it to state. Learning to take a loss is part of growing up. PNG did not win last season. No one I know of acted like the people of the community of SOC.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Any team that made it to a state championship game would deserve better. Their head coach should have stood up for them and demanded recognition. Also can’t imagine any other community in the state of Texas behaving in that manner.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Any team that made it to a state championship game would deserve better. Their head coach should have stood up for them and demanded recognition. Also can’t imagine any other community in the state of Texas behaving in that manner.
I am not sure if there is. I am sure they look like it as they failed Dallas. Winning is not ever a guarantee and they found out the hard way. I watched Coach Todd's halftime interview. Asked about being a second half team he stated that they would come out and score on the first drive and take off from there. They truly believed that the game was over. Now this isnt talking about the fans who were all wearing shirts saying 3-peat. They literally wore shirts saying they already won the game to the game before it was played.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
They're making it about race now. Everybody against inner schools and trying to keep Coach Todd from winning the 3peat. The whole broadcast was about SOC and their storyline. It was practically gaged to them winning. The Indians didn't follow the script
We came, we played, and we put the Golden Bears down.

Dallas can't have it all this time.
Funny thing was as the Indians began applying the second half beat down, most of the SOC talk faded away as the brain fog cleared from the annnouncers and they began describing the game. As it got closer to the end there was no doubt. The PN-G Indians, and all their fans in attendance were the real deal. I’ve said it before. Texas High School Football is much better off when PN-G is in the mix. The team, the band, the fans and the game experience were unmatched on Thursday, Friday or Saturday in terms of the overall package. It’s what high school football is all about.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Don’t know if I can handle 8 months without PNG football. Withdrawal symptoms are already setting in. Glad I can rewatch most of the games on the NDN press youtube channel. And look forward to next year when we do it all again!
You’re in the right place. We can all treat the group withdrawal with sharing good memories and discussing next season.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Sounds like spoiled little brats whining because they lost. There are always going to be bad calls..sometimes they go against you and sometimes not. In this particular instance, it didn't immediately help by the post game even saying this was a suspect call, but now that evidence is clearing out which justified the call, still crickets. They lost despite all of their best efforts of trying to use the system to their advantage (ie getting away with holding by using same colored gloves as our jersey's). I guess I'm not surprised when even their head coach is wearing a jacket that says "Legendary" ... cocky much lol.

Lonestar JR

More about DFW community attitude. On Friday night before the game I watched the sports segment of a Fort Worth station to see what kind of coverage of the PNG-SOC game they would have. All the talk was about SOC and their soon to be "Three Peat". They couldn't even bring themselves to say PNG. On the Sat pm news they had to begrudgingly say PNG. But, they spent more time talking about how they couldn't be saying "Three Peat" anymore. How shallow is that? There entire segment on the game was not more than a few seconds.

For my part, there are two glaring blights on the events surrounding the game:
1) For all of the alleged local pride in the SOC football program, where were all the people who claimed to
be so proud. While the SOC crowd was respectable, it was far short of what is should have been. Of
course some of them had to work and that is understood. Many of those pseudo fans were somewhere sitting
on their butts, just like they do when those young men were sweating out in the hot summer and fall in
100 degree plus and humid weather. This has always been a pet peeve of mine. But especially for a
game on the highest high school stage in the world. To me it is just unbelievable and shameful!
2) I'll probably get some flak on this next observation, but here it is. The SOC half time performance
was pathetic. It was in poor taste and had too much sexual innuendo. Sorry if I offend anyone, but
twerking is not an art form.

On another subject. I had asked on another thread if there was a place to access of video of the game.
Someone responded that Bally would have the replay. I think the member was pngfan251. A big thanks for the info. And, I don't mind paying for it. Besides that game is one of those games that can be viewed over and over again and it will still be exciting, I just want my friends at the top of Texas to see what a well executed game looks like. I am going to show it to my Christmas Day guest.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE

Long Live King Jacobs Chief Jeff Joseph (FIFY)

Last edited by a moderator:

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
FYI their twerking this year was WAY less than last year
And if you notice many many of the fans in white were from Duncanville and DeSoto.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores