PN-G Indians 24, Huntsville Hornets 21

bandkid

Staff member
Another close one. Defense showed improvement tonight, but needs to build some stamina. This needs to be another wake-up call.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Good thing we have a few weaker teams before MCM and Montgomery. Lots of work to do between now and then. Fortunate to get the W in this one.

Rez

We should have beat this team by at least 3 TDs + maybe a field goal. Huntsville may get beat by Nederland.
Genuinely curious what you’re seeing there - Huntsville looks solid to me. Agree we should have held them to fewer scores. We’ll keep getting better.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Multimillion dollar stadium and none of the play clocks work. Hmmmmm? I'm suspicious. Terrible officiating crew. What's new? Hard to get good officiating crews in high school football. Our side judge tells our coaches that PN-G could run out the 3Q. We believed him. The back judge throws a flag on us with one second left in the 3Q. BS. The clock operator in Huntsville is either blind, dumb, or both. The fake punt hurt PN-G. The Indians were out of position--remember the Liberty Hill game? Same thing. The special teams coach should have anticiapted that fake given Huntsville's field position and the flow of the second half. The offensive play calling was up and down. The one question in hindsight...why try the FG? Just line up and run it down their throat and put the nail in the coffin. Oh well. We'd all like a few things back in our life. Ha-ha. The good...PN-G's defense was much better. If you weren't at the game, you missed a physical throw down. You could hear the pads popping. #4 at MLB was a good move. I fear our fiesty firecracker #35 may be hurt. The DL was as reliable as ever. #94 in the middle and #49 on the edge are just disruptive bad asses. The QB contain needs to get better, but our kids shutdown the RBs. The secondary was much, much better. They came up in run support and tackled. The one blown coverage in the first half was a gift TD to Huntsville. Sometimes, that just happens. It's correctable. Major props to #15. He ran mean. The OL continues to spoil us fans. KO and KO return continuing to get better. It's hard to win on the road. Tip of the cap to the Huntsville FG kicker. Feel bad for an 17-18 year old kid missing a 40 yard FG off the upright, but I'll take the win for the INDIANS!

Last edited:

#1 NDN FAN

Bad coaching almost cost us that game. If we don’t start playing defense and develop a passing game we won’t go very far.
I'm very happy to have the win, but PN-G definitely should have won this game by a comfortable margin. The coaches put our boys in a position where they had to rely on a couple of lucky breaks at the end (an interception and missed FG) to win the game. What's the matter with our "rookie offensive coordinator?" A pass play on 3rd and 2? Really? When we were eating them up on the ground with tough runs by #15 and #27! The way we were controlling the ball, that drive absolutely should have ended with a score. The coaches need to stop playing cute with pass plays and stick with what is working!! Especially when we only have one reliable receiver. Let's take care of business and put the other team away when we have the advantage, and save the cutesy stuff for the cupcake teams on our schedule.

Reactions: Rez

hookem14

100+ Posts
Our coach just led us to back to back state championship games. Winning the last one. We have currently won 20 games in a row going back to last year. We are currently 5-0 this year. Our coach is also 12-0 in one score games. It’s almost like he knows what he is doing…
And a handful of people can only complain. Over and over and over. Complaining. It's as though they literally cannot help themselves. It is truly mind boggling.

19PNGndn68

MaxPreps, also a computerized ranking system, has PNG ranked #7 and Huntsville #18. A victory tonight should move PN-G higher next week.
MaxPreps is DFW area teams focused. DFW teams beat each other but don’t move out of the top ten. Strength of Schedule not won lost record.

MaxPreps leaped frog Arlington Seguin over PNG. This week on Thursday A. Seguin lost by 2 TDs to a 2-3 district DFW team ranked 20th? Lovejoy (Dodge HC) beat Melissa tonight watch both DFW teams go up in the MaxPrep rankings. again strength of schedule? Other teams across the state are ignored. Computer Program does not have entries for pride honor and tradition. PNG is 12-0 in games decided by one score are less since 2022. Garbage input into computer program garbage output. There must be a manual computer switch to enter DFW human bias. I no longer put any stock in MaxPrep.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Huntsville is a good team. Throw in some terrible calls and non-calls in their favor, and you have a close game. Nice win by the Indians in the opponents hive. A few things didn’t go as planned, but a lot more did. The Indians showed the heart and effort of a champion.

19PNGndn68

I'm very happy to have the win, but PN-G definitely should have won this game by a comfortable margin. The coaches put our boys in a position where they had to rely on a couple of lucky breaks at the end (an interception and missed FG) to win the game. What's the matter with our "rookie offensive coordinator?" A pass play on 3rd and 2? Really? When we were eating them up on the ground with tough runs by #15 and #27! The way we were controlling the ball, that drive absolutely should have ended with a score. The coaches need to stop playing cute with pass plays and stick with what is working!! Especially when we only have one reliable receiver. Let's take care of business and put the other team away when we have the advantage, and save the cutesy stuff for the cupcake teams on our schedule.
Very concern with assistance coaches getting penalized due to sideline behavior’s after bad calls. Our HC is the one who will get reprimanded by the UIL for his staff’s actions. Putting our boys at a disadvantage. These same adults would not tolerate a student athlete player being called for unsportsmanlike penalty that ended a promising drive. Players can sense the pressure coaches are placing on them selves. We expect back to back championships with the talent on this team.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (5-0)
vs.
Splendora Wildcats (2-3)

Friday, Oct. 11, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium, Port Neches, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores