PN-G Indians 42, Liberty Hill Panthers 35

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Chatagnier named player of the game

Although I can agree with that, I actually think Bailey should be in the running. If not for the passing game I’m not sure we would have won. And if we beat SOC that will be why we will win it. In addition to the key passes and the scores, we showed LH early that they had to respect the passing game, and that increased the effectiveness of the run game.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
Although I can agree with that, I actually think Bailey should be in the running. If not for the passing game I’m not sure we would have won. And if we beat SOC that will be why we will win it. In addition to the key passes and the scores, we showed LH early that they had to respect the passing game, and that increased the effectiveness of the run game.
I’m saying he was named the Jack-in-the-Box player of the game by the commentators

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Well, I was shocked and disappointed about a lot of our play at the end of the game, but after cooling off a bit I think we actually played terrific most of the second half (as well as most of the first half). But I few screw ups made the game closer than it should have been. We will have to play a full 4 quarters next week, and we will not be able to afford dumb penalties and other mistakes like we made in this game. However, if we play to the best of our ability for the entire game I think we can bring the trophy home this time.

Last edited:

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
NDN press did an outstanding job with this game. By far the best broadcast of the year. They have improved every week and are now close to the level of veteran broadcasters. What a huge asset for PNG fans!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to Liberty Hill for a hard fought game. Congrats to the Indians for winning. There were a lot of uncharacteristic actions by the Indians tonight. Several dropped passes and penalties, and several plays where the pass defender could have knocked the ball down instead of trying to intercept it and allowing the catch. And not being aware on several of those tricky plays pulled by LH. Correct all that and the score is not close.
A win is a win. Even an ugly win. But better team won. On to Arlington.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
“The one-two punch of running backs Blair Chatagnier and Isaiah Nguyen was too much for the Panthers. Chatagnier rushed for 132 yards on 15 carries and two touchdowns. Nguyen carried the ball 17 times for 105 yards and one touchdown. Connor Bailey completed 13 of 20 passes for 212 yards and three touchdowns. London Nunley had eight catches for 95 yards and two touchdowns. PNG amassed 473 yards of total offense, 261 rushing and 212 passing.”

Read more at: https://www.panews.com/2023/12/08/p...-liberty-hill-advances-to-state-championship/

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores