PN-G Indians 42, Liberty Hill Panthers 35

WarDance

Conner Bailey is the player of the game IMO. Amazing poise and accuracy throwing the ball. Receivers dropped several passes that were in their hands. Clean that up and the offense was practically unstoppable tonight.
Conner was the difference maker tonight for sure. Even when throwing deep against the wind, he was hitting those receivers in their hands. Not his fault that they dropped them. Those TDs that he threw to Nunley with #23 from LH draped all over him was total perfection. I am so impressed with him and we still have 2 more years to watch him grow into probably one of the best QBs in PNG history.

90NDN

500+ Posts
This game was not as close as the outcome imo ....85 yd fake punt for a td...2 tds in the last few minutes on passes that should have been swatted down and the 50 plus yd td called back after the 2nd consective holding call...smh. We gotta work on special teams...kickoffs leaving a short field are going to end us if we don't clean that up. Hopefully, we can fix these things the the game next week.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This game was not as close as the outcome imo ....85 yd fake punt for a td...2 tds in the last few minutes on passes that should have been swatted down and the 50 plus yd td called back after the 2nd consective holding call...smh. We gotta work on special teams...kickoffs leaving a short field are going to end us if we don't clean that up. Hopefully, we can fix these things the the game next week.
21 of their points is based on their cunning game plan, sheer determination and a good measure of luck. Especially on that last TD pass. The fake punt and other trickery was their only shot at overcoming disadvantages and a dominant PNG team. Kudos to the 2023 Liberty Hill Panthers. Heart and ability recognized.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I hope all the folks who made the trip to Cypress enjoyed the time here. It’s been my home for 25+ years and it’s a fine place to live. Just met a young lady this morning at the Tomball chick-fil-a who said her mom went to PN-G. And her coworker remarked that she saw that the Indians had won. Small world.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
I hope all the folks who made the trip to Cypress enjoyed the time here. It’s been my home for 25+ years and it’s a fine place to live. Just met a young lady this morning at the Tomball chick-fil-a who said her mom went to PN-G. And her coworker remarked that she saw that the Indians had won. Small world.
I agree 100 percent as my kids graduated from CFISD and my youngest son is a teacher there......but in their heart they are PNG Indians 100 percent. I made sure of that.

WarDance

Yes sir it is one of the nicest areas in Houston. That new boardwalk on Barker Cypress is one of my spots where I regularly hang out. Due to a job change, we have lived near the Grand Parkway for about 6 years now and if we stay here, my kids are zoned to attend Tomball Memorial. My son may end up being a future Wildcat. BUT... my heart will always be zoned to PNG! Just like the words... "Always be Faithful to Purple and White". In the meantime, see y'all in Arlington next Saturday!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Well all I got to say is.......
One more to go. Git'er done.
Some of you here might remember that in 1977 the Queen songs “We Will Rock You” and "We Are the Champions" were played a lot in the old PNG field house. And those songs feel appropriate for this 2023 PNG team as well.

“Another One Bites the Dust” was TJ’s anthem so to speak in 1980. I suspect that Todd Dodge is ok with us resurrecting that one too. TD is a huge fan of PNG football.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
He put up D1 stats tonight.

In other news, I just got a call from the UIL. Refs are putting 24 seconds back on the clock for Liberty Hill!
Maybe just enough time for another trick play to tie it up and go into OT. :D

Liberty Hill has no quit in them. They’d be glad to finish that extra 24s today.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
NDN press did an outstanding job with this game. By far the best broadcast of the year. They have improved every week and are now close to the level of veteran broadcasters. What a huge asset for PNG
So does Chatagnier have a nickname yet? I got "The Diesel" cuz he reminds me of John Riggins of the Washington Redskins.
That’s what the announcers said on Bally
Big Rig

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores