PN-G versus Barbers Hill Game Thread PNG 21 BH 7 12:00 4Q

NDN79

500+ Posts
You are the best Yankee!! It was a tough year for your Dogs--I really thought they would go farther.I know that they will re-group and come back strong next year!

ndn78

100+ Posts
Great team effort NDN's, everybody did their job. Still bothered by our D stud not shaking hands after the games, wish I knew if it's the coaches call or not.

Go PNG!

carzan

500+ Posts
NDNTime said:
Well its good to know that if the O isn't clickin or D can now step up!

Our center, Parks, came out of the game in the 2nd quarter. Langois (guard) was moved to center and I'm not sure who took over in Langois' spot. That's two of the O-line that were basically in unfamiliar territory for over half of the game. That is why our offense didn't click as well as we have all seen lately. Not to take anything away from BH but I truly believe this adjustment cost us yards, 1st downs and scores.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
You are the best Yankee!! It was a tough year for your Dogs--I really thought they would go farther.I know that they will re-group and come back strong next year!

I agree 79...with the number of sophs/juniors that gained varsity experience this year, I think next year should be something to look forward to.

I'll be pulling for ya'll thru the rest of the playoffs...so go kick some tail!!!! Wish you guys the best of success and good health to the end!!!

I really appreciate you making me feel welcomed here my friend.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
ndn78 said:
Great team effort NDN's, everybody did their job. Still bothered by our D stud not shaking hands after the games, wish I knew if it's the coaches call or not.

Go PNG!

I sat next to some of his family at the game. BH had been messing with him after plays all night. We suspected in an attempt to get him to give up an unsportsmanlike penalty. He kept his cool, but made the BH QB pay when he broke through the line. I suspect it was the coaches call to hold him out to make sure BH didn't do anything to set him off. This fine young man has come a long way this year with the help of the coaches. His mom commented on that at the BC meeting.

ndn78

100+ Posts
Fan93, I know him and his family well, we speak often. I know your exactly right in why he choose not to shake hands but I'm trying to teach him that in order for him to deal with football and life at the next level he has to learn to deal with the other teams messing with him. I've have told him to take it as a compliment because it means your kicking their a$$. He has done a great job with help from coaches in keeping his cool. He's a good kid at heart just has to learn to focus that energy in the right way, I'm behind him and all our players 110%.

Go PNG!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Wonder why there were no replays at the "Butch"? They did put up a message that there would be no replays when there is a penalty but I never saw a replay on the non-penalty plays. I kept looking at the screen to rewatch a play but there never was one.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
indianforever said:
any word on where the next game might be?
Either Lamar's stadium or SFA's stadium in Huntsville. This will be considered a flip for home for each side. I don't know when this will be decided.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Made the game last night at BISD Stadium ... nice facility ... the Indians did not play as well as they sounded on the web vs. Central ... I did not think BH was all that good ... the Indians did what they had to do to win the game. In the playoffs, the name of the game for 6-weeks is to "win and survive to play another day" .... We made enough plays on offense to win and our defense gave up some ground, but made the plays in the red zone to get some take-a-aways. Win and survive. Good job Indians. And, nice tribute by the PN-G band to Mr. Durham ... the music and the war chant in the TIP and PN-G formations would have made him proud. And, like always, he would have smiled when he saw the PN-G crowd rise to its feet, clap, and then the Marching I moving down the field to Cherokee. :thumbsup:

Go Indians. Peace.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
SHSU is in Huntsville. SFA is in Nac If the game is at LU then it would either have to be a Friday night game or Early Saturday game, as LU plays next Saturday at 6pm.

akifan94

500+ Posts
A coach told me last night that if Magnolia wins we have agreed to play them in Baytown on Friday night. Willis might be the same but he was not sure.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
SHSU is in Huntsville. SFA is in Nac If the game is at LU then it would either have to be a Friday night game or Early Saturday game, as LU plays next Saturday at 6pm.
Sorry...I'm not senile; someone else told me this. I hope the game is played at Lamar so ALL the fans can go. We are getting fans that are "up in years" and cannot attend. For us, however, we could play anywhere and we'd be there.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores