PN-G vs. Brenham

Torino

500+ Posts
Indian99 said:
We are like +100 in turnovers, so we prob hold the edge here.
I didn't see a statistical summary anywhere, so went to the Houston Chronicle and used its figures. PNG has forced 35 turnovers and committed 15 (+20), while Brenham has forced 26 and committed 11 (+15). So, for discussion purposes, PNG seems to have an edge.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
kmcndnfan said:
I called the Aldine Thorne stadium and was told they will not open up the grassy hills for extra seating. Each side is limited to 4500 tickets, but the home team fans (PNG) can sit on the visitor side. The stadium is not planning to sell tickets at the gat at this time, but I suppose Brenham could choose to sell at gate if they do not sell out.

At the booster meeting tonight, Faircloth said that he spoke with the AD for Aldine. The AD said that we are welcome to use the endzones and that we can sell all the tickets we want. Faircloth stressd to him all the fans we will be bringing, and the AD said it wasn't a problem.

indianforever

100+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
kmcndnfan said:
I called the Aldine Thorne stadium and was told they will not open up the grassy hills for extra seating. Each side is limited to 4500 tickets, but the home team fans (PNG) can sit on the visitor side. The stadium is not planning to sell tickets at the gat at this time, but I suppose Brenham could choose to sell at gate if they do not sell out.

At the booster meeting tonight, Faircloth said that he spoke with the AD for Aldine. The AD said that we are welcome to use the endzones and that we can sell all the tickets we want. Faircloth stressd to him all the fans we will be bringing, and the AD said it wasn't a problem.
i guess those people in line would have liked to have known that before they starting lining up tonight ;D

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
The Aldine AD must not have told the workers yet. That kinda junk always happens and causes confusion. I guess it's not high priority for Aldine cause they aren't playing in the game.

biaplayer

I am so excited that i cant even express how much anticipation has built up inside of me since last Fridays game. I was amazed that all the no shows showed up for the game as they usually do for the playoff games. With that being said i was disappointed that we were not as loud as we were at the central game, me myself i think i developed a case of strep throat from hollaring at the top of my lungs prettymuch the whole game. But i got to say it was well worth it and i would do it all over again for the next 5 weeks if neccessary. As for the stadium i was dissappointed that it is as small as it is but im not gonna let it get in my way im ready for the for the road trip and i hope both the offense and the defense are ready to tear the creme out of the cubs if you get my drift. Is it me or did Coach try to keep it pretty basic and try to hide the potential of our offense. I really didnt understand the call for the double reverse on fourth and two why not just give the ball to MR Harmon and let him juke and jive thru the hole like he had been doing the whole game. Although i did love him bringing cody ross in motion, it seemed to open up the middle of the defense and expose their defense to big plays, Keep it up coach and dont hold back i would really love to embarrass the hell out of the cubs and get a shot at Angleton. I would love to see our D get a shutout along with a blowout we are well past due!

BigTodd

Brenham Cub fan here. I think it is way cool that PNG fans have such a message board, very nice. Hoping for a great game Friday night. I am not here to 'invade' your message board or be rude in any way. Just in to talk a little football smack and stoke the interest in what should be a great football game. It's not often that two powerhouses meet so early in the playoffs. The winner of this game has a great shot at going to the state championship game in my opinion.
I have no doubt the Indians are good but if you are going to beat the Big Green Machine from Brenham you better bring best game.

Prediction: Troy Green will run wild and Schlottmann to Reese combo will shine. Cub D will shut down Indian offense.
Cubs 24 Indians 10. :woohoo:

Good Luck,God Bless, and see you there!
Todd.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
BigTodd said:
Brenham Cub fan here. I think it is way cool that PNG fans have such a message board, very nice. Hoping for a great game Friday night. I am not here to 'invade' your message board or be rude in any way. Just in to talk a little football smack and stoke the interest in what should be a great football game. It's not often that two powerhouses meet so early in the playoffs. The winner of this game has a great shot at going to the state championship game in my opinion.
I have no doubt the Indians are good but if you are going to beat the Big Green Machine from Brenham you better bring best game.

Prediction: Troy Green will run wild and Schlottmann to Reese combo will shine. Cub D will shut down Indian offense.
Cubs 24 Indians 10. :woohoo:

Good Luck,God Bless, and see you there!
Todd.
:ha: WOW ! I didn't know Brenham had any fans ! between this board and others no one has popped up til now !
OK don't worry to much our NDN's will bring their A+ game for you. Something alot of folks outside of the area are not aware of is our D is one of the best in the state ! Not worried about Green or Schlottmann or Reese. We have held 400 yard + teams to just barely 200 yard total offense this season. Our offense has alot of experience. Remember we do hava nearly 2000 yard rusher. You need to go look at comparative stats for both teams. Both on offense and defense. I know Brenham has a good team but so do we ! I will find it hard to beleive that your D would shut our O down. That will not happen in the least. Harmon will have another 200 yard rushing game. Doty will hit all 5 of his recievers all throughout the night and put up big yards in the air. PNG will come away with a 24 point win. Our D will hold your O to around 200-250 yards O. Our offense is just now starting to peak. Thats something to chew on for the week for you ! All in all, it will be a great game. Lets hope no injuries and lets keep the weather good !

BigTodd

I read all the posts and see some are wondering how good they should expect Brenham to be. Here are the Texas Football statewide rankings.

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=833

Also, I have seen some stat comparisons being discussed. You should consider that in the second half of many games Brenham was playing backups due to the game being put away very early. Brenham's big hiccup was the loss to Waller. They just didn't seem motivated since the District Championship was wrapped up. The first loss was to 5A Houston Lamar (9-1) who beat Eisenhower last week and face Cinco Ranch in the second round of the 5A playoffs Saturday.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
BigTodd said:
I read all the posts and see some are wondering how good they should expect Brenham to be. Here are the Texas Football statewide rankings.

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=833

Also, I have seen some stat comparisons being discussed. You should consider that in the second half of many games Brenham was playing backups due to the game being put away very early. Brenham's big hiccup was the loss to Waller. They just didn't seem motivated since the District Championship was wrapped up. The first loss was to 5A Houston Lamar (9-1) who beat Eisenhower last week and face Cinco Ranch in the second round of the 5A playoffs Saturday.
Yeah But I could come up with several other sites that have different rankings. The AP has us at #5 and Brenham fell out ! IF your team was playing backups in the second half it sounds like to me your team must be in a very very weak district. I hate hiccups ! Sometimes those dang things really make you mad about how they treat you. So do you have any game video of Brenham that some of us Die hards could watch ? if so post the links on here. I searched you tube and everywhere and nothing could be found. Are you going to be at the game Friday night ?

BigTodd

Top to bottom I'm sure 18-4A is comparable to 20-4A. If P-NG were in 18-4A they could probably have competed for 3rd place this year behind Brenham and Huntsville. Yes, I intend to be there.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
BigTodd said:
Top to bottom I'm sure 18-4A is comparable to 20-4A. If P-NG were in 18-4A they could probably have competed for 3rd place this year behind Brenham and Huntsville. Yes, I intend to be there.
HUMMM well I guess the best of the best in this round will be decided Friday night. Lets all just pray for a injury free game for all the players. Also the weather looks like it could get alittle rough Friday. Lets all take our time getting to the game and be safe. Both teams and fans have to travel fairly far to get to the stadium. So any video of Brenham available ?

pngfan66

500+ Posts
BigTodd said:
If you look back at the DC picks and etc... you will notice PNG was picked to finish in the bottom of our District. We won the District Championship ! Just about every game we played in we were picked to lose. We are 11-0 and still we get no respect. But that seems to be par for the course this year. So I hope you guys underestimate the NDN's like everyone else has done. POKE POKE ! 20-4A would have easily run thru your District ! 20-4A is one of if not the most competitive Districts in the state in 4A.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Here is a scouting report I was told the other night by someone who has watched a few Brenham games this year.....

Offense

QB is very accurate. He does not make many mistakes and can run. He is not as good a runner as we have seen in Merka and Viverette, but he is not scared to tuck it in run when their is no one open. His only weakness is he tends to lock onto #81 and rarely looks elsewhere unless the play is designed to go away from #81. #81 is their best player and is a national top 200 recruit commited to Utah. He is fast with good hands. He lines up at TE and WR. They will try to run the ball more than they throw and have a sophomore at RB. He is good but will not be the best we have seen. He is under 500 yards rushing on the year but has a good average. They have a big line, no other details were mentioned.

Defense

Good size up front but they can be ran on. #81 once again is their playmaker on defense. It is best to throw away from him. Nothing outstanding about the defense. Good team speed and can get to the ball but they do not always make the tackle.

Conclusion

Think Central game. If we limit mistakes we have a good chance of winning. We make mistakes and we will be in a dogfight to try and win. Brenham does not turn the ball over very often and we can't have drives stall due to mistakes and penalties.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
You know, I'm just a little old lady who has watched high school football for 40 plus years BUT I have news for the Brenham fan. We will win easily due partly to the actions of their coach in trying to limit our fan participation. The fans are angry, the boys are upset and your Green Machine (or whatever you call it)j will be toast. You will see our A plus game.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
You know, I'm just a little old lady who has watched high school football for 40 plus years BUT I have news for the Brenham fan. We will win easily due partly to the actions of their coach in trying to limit our fan participation. The fans are angry, the boys are upset and your Green Machine (or whatever you call it)j will be toast. You will see our A plus game.

Hey Squaw,

Remember what happened to La Marque when they "pissed-off" Indian Nation?

NDN79

500+ Posts
BigTodd--welcome to the PN-G board! It's always good to hear from fans from our opponents. Thanks for the info. on Brenham, and the smack-talk too. Since you are going to be at the game you might want to download our fight song(it's called CHEROKEE), since you will be hearing it all night long. You will get to hear it loudly on the visitors side, and you might want to bring a purple shirt with you because you will be surrounded by INDIAN FANS. PN-G fans come early and fill the stadium,they stay to the end,and they are louder than you have ever heard. Have fun at the game TODD, I KNOW that the INDIANS will!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

p.s. Travel safely!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores