PN-G vs Crosby

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
This is a game that you can guarantee Crosby has had circled on the calendar since the schedule was made. They are out for blood. Our Indians better be 100% ready and get rid of aall of that drive killing penalties.

Go Indians

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
Agreed! After listening to last years bi-district game on the radio from Ohio, I was exhausted and HAPPY!!! Had to be one heck of a game to witness and watch. Heard folks on Texas Football.com after the game that the defenses were non-existent but I disagree. Just two GREAT offenses going at it with big play after big play whole game long.

But your point is well noted, foolish drive stopping penalties will not result in a win for my favorite team. BUT, if the Indian's play their game, stick to their assignments and man up on defense, they have an offense that can hang with anyone. At least I will be able to watch the game live on Texan.Live.com and listen to audio live on Cool 92.5 FM. Let's go Indian's, you can do this!!!

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Our defense is way better this year I admit. I think this has to be a record year for holding and false starts and maybe personal fouls. Or maybe they just seem to come at bad times (no good time) hopefully #9 and #5 come back we need all hands on deck. Yes last year’s game with Crosby was one of the wildest I’ve ever seen. To put it in perspective #2 went down short of the goal line ON PURPOSE on second down to run clock. And Crosby WOULD HAVE scored given more time.

INDIAN_PRIDE_83

This game will be a test of our secondary. Crosby likes to throw like we do but seem more consistent on catching the ball. One fundamental mistake we made last week is keeping our eyes on the ball, catch the ball and then run. The game would have been more of a guaranteed win if we would have done that. Correct that mistake and no penalties we will definitely beat Crosby.

GO INDIAN WIN 49-35 :helmet:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I’m a homer, but a realist. Crosby will be too much for our fundamentally lacking defensive schemes. What kept us in the game last year was the offensive fire power we had. We don’t have them weapons anymore other than Shug. I sit next to several former Indian players from the 80’s and 90’s and say the same. Poor fundamentally coached defense.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Crosby's QB1 Jaiden Howard is out for the season with a torn acl. Really hate to hear that. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
QB2 is just as good of a passer, he just doesn't run like Howard. He can still put up points, as they saw in Vidor.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like PNG’s recent circumstance. Bost and Rodgers both have excellent arms and can move the ball. But they can’t replace an RJ. Crosby may be in that boat now.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Wow. Their QB was excellent. A deceptively fast runner huge strides. This makes all the difference. It’s his running that was what beat WOS.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yeah. I don’t think it’s fair to say R vs Vidor. Mind you In my opinion he’s the best overall HSQB I’ve ever personally witnessed (including Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallett, Reggie McNeil) and by far the best player on the field at all games. And THE REASON we’ve won all games so far this year and to some extent 3 years. (We would’ve been pretty good with Bost at QB for 2 years) the Indian Defense deserves HUGE credit slowing down an offense where 2 RBs came into the game averaging over 10 yds PER CARRY. And a third averaging 6. Yes there were some drops. But two catches that come to mind was #9 (I know his name but don’t wanna any to spell it) and the kid that made the catch over the middle on a very crucial situation in the game. I spoke up to a BIG vidor fan saying similar things out loud on the visitor side. I don’t really want to further that sentiment. Too many people already say similar things I will voice my objections. (But I understand where it comes from) last hung I want to do is foster resentment to a squad that regardless of any facts an stats I believe is giving it’s BEST every play. This just comes with the territory with playing with a fantastic talent. You play a minor supporting role. That’s just how it is. If not for RJ someone would step up an make plays (maybe not as good) but no one would say we suck. If Rogers or Bost went into a he season with the thought every day as “if it is to be it is up to me” I think you’d see a much different player out of them. My two cents.

RoschonsBigBro

Its titled that because its a video in which he is the central focus of vs vidor. No one is taking away from the kids, the guy who filmed the video wanted specifically to make a video of roschon. There are videos like this of athletes from all over the country that focus on their individual performance in a game. This is no different. This wasnt about putting roschon above everyone else, it was about sharing a well put together video.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks big bro. Not taken that way. Just emphasizing team because I am sick of hearing what others imply. No team wins or loses based on one player.

And as you can see on the web site, I share that praise of RJ and his accomplishments.

twrpng

100+ Posts
RJ would be the first to tell us he can't do it without his teammates. He has already made it known that he hasn't broke passing yards,catches and TD's in a game without great receivers and blocking up front . I see both sides on this one. Let's just go out and beat the cougars tonight.. png to the bone !!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Cherokee really gets to teams..lol

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/lakehouston/sports/article/Rematch-Crosby-gets-another-shot-at-Port-13299645.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RoschonsBigBro

IndianFan said:
Thanks big bro. Not taken that way. Just emphasizing team because I am sick of hearing what others imply. No team wins or loses based on one player.

And as you can see on the web site, I share that praise of RJ and his accomplishments.

All good

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores