PN-G VS LIVINGSTON -- **Live updates **

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
pncoach said:
Wow, I guess my last posting was deleted. I am sure that I complied with all of the rules of the message board, with the exception of agreeing with the administrator.

Don't know what you're talking about. I just checked and no messages have been removed today. But fyi any remark that is deemed obnoxious very well could be deleted by one of the excellent moderators on this board.

Implying that agreement with my opinions is a criteria on this board is a stretch. With the exception of remarks that attack the kids, this is definitely a place for free exchange of opinion.

You still haven't answered the question of why you never frequent the board when the team is doing well or post anything supportive.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
81alum said:
"and aren't very motivated to play"
That falls on the coaches. We not only need a change we need to open the search up and NOT hire from within.

I agree, but some of the blame has to be put on the players. If the coaches don't do it, you have to have someone step up and get people motivated. They look like they don't even want to be out there. There were NDN players on their backs all night for the second game in a row.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
PNGfan said:
Here's my two cents. You can't blame the coaches on this one. Livingston man handled our offensive line, and was in Tatum's face all night. Tatum either didn't have time to throw or he took too long and was sacked. Tatum needs to tuck and run up field if the WR isn't open. He's a good QB, but he needs to work on his vision of the field. They need to bring up JV linemen I guess cause the varsity lineman looked horrible. RB's quit trying to beat people to the sidelines because everybody we play is faster. If your running around the end and see pursuit, lower your head and try to gain as many yards as possible. It looks like Harmon runs a little better than Wright. Wright may be too bulky too hold on to the ball. Defense didn't do too bad considering they were on the field alot. Still hurting in the secondary. One more thing, the five yard out quick passes, either teach kids to come back to the ball or quit calling that play. It killed us last night and caused the other team to get 14 points. I don't see that much talent this year from this team and aren't very motivated to play. I don't think the blame should be ALL on the coaches, these boys are going have to step up and want to get it done or stay at the house for playoffs. I wish the football team the best of luck for the rest of the season.

That is because some of your talent is sitting on the bench. One in particular's dad ran for school board and spoke the truth and now the kid is paying for it - which is the biggest bunch of hogwash I have ever heard of - let the team suffer because the school board wants to cry in their corn flakes... get a frickin grip - bunch of pansies....

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
Something I noticed during the game...I saw one of our O line lineman CHASING the guy he was supposed to block - this happened 3 times that I counted - he chased him all the way to Tatum as Tatum was sacked...I counted 6 saks for the night but I was not in the stadium the whole time...Blocking is key in the passing game gotta keep that block longer than a second in order to protect your QB...

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
In the case of the Livingston game, the video posted here shows that the PNG o-line was physically outmatched at times. In some cases ono-on-one, in others because of blitzing. It happens.

I'm willing to bet that every player out there was motivated to win their home opener in their new stadium.

Don't give up on these players who have dreamed and worked hard to have the opportunity to play in front of you on a Friday night. They deserve your support and encouragment.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
In the case of the Livingston game, the video posted here shows that the PNG o-line was physically outmatched at times. In some cases ono-on-one, in others because of blitzing. It happens.

I'm willing to bet that every player out there was motivated to win their home opener in their new stadium.

Don't give up on these players who have dreamed and worked hard to have the opportunity to play in front of you on a Friday night. They deserve your support and encouragment.

I love PNG football, there is nothing like it in Texas!

Let me tell you what is so frustrating recently. You have guys at practise, practising as a starter, but come game time you don't see them on the field - now how is that supposed to work week after week after week. Well it won't. But I will not comment on this again because it falls on deaf ears. Ask any of the other parents out there and you will hear the same thing I just said - no one understands it.......

pncoach

The post that I mentioned did indeed identify my positivie contributions, I have only exemplified negativity towards the coaching staff. Never have I made a negative comment towards any of the kids and I never will. One of your recent posts stated that these kids dream of playing in front of us on Friday nights. So why is it that they don't get the opportunity to show off their stuff. When you are taking a waxing like we have taken the last two weeks, I would think that the bench would be emptied and all would be logging some time on the field. Who knows, maybe one of those guys will make a bone crushing tackle, a knock'em in the dirt block, show some speed getting to the corner, make a remarkable catch. You have never seen MB and his boys do this with any team, but yet this is a practice of all good coaches. If you are ahead by three TD's or behind by that many, give the kids whom have dreamed for Friday night a shot at their dreams, they may surprise you.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
pncoach said:
The post that I mentioned did indeed identify my positivie contributions, I have only exemplified negativity towards the coaching staff. Never have I made a negative comment towards any of the kids and I never will. One of your recent posts stated that these kids dream of playing in front of us on Friday nights. So why is it that they don't get the opportunity to show off their stuff. When you are taking a waxing like we have taken the last two weeks, I would think that the bench would be emptied and all would be logging some time on the field. Who knows, maybe one of those guys will make a bone crushing tackle, a knock'em in the dirt block, show some speed getting to the corner, make a remarkable catch. You have never seen MB and his boys do this with any team, but yet this is a practice of all good coaches. If you are ahead by three TD's or behind by that many, give the kids whom have dreamed for Friday night a shot at their dreams, they may surprise you.

Thank you. Just what I have been saying all along. Makes no sense to work some of these kids on offense and defense the whole game and expect them to perform to their potential all night long with no break. You have an offense and you have a defense, utilize the rest of the team.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
I have to agree with ya'll on not playing more kids. I tell you what last year, I seen the same thing and a gripped about it on here. I said atleast let these kids play special teams or something. They've worked hard in the summer and they earned it. Something that really touched me was a senior football player sent me a private message that had read my post and told me thank you, and he was one of those seniors that never got to be on the field during a game. I don't understand and will never understand why you would have a senior that wouldn't ever get to play atleast a couple of plays during the season. It could be your diamond in the rough, and I know those kids would leave it on the field because it might be their last time to see it. These kids aren't getting to play at the next level, and after they graduate will never play again unless it's a pick up game or fantasy football. PUT'EM IN COACH. Sorry everybody I had to get that out, anyways good luck rest of the season and I have faith we'll turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores