PN-G VS LIVINGSTON -- **Live updates **

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
IndianFan said:
Indians out gained Livingston 357-289. Tatum passed for 258 yards to five different receivers. Junior RB Harmon averaged 6 yards per carry. 35 running plays and 26 passes.

Those are very impressive stats. It baffles me how Lumberton beat them so badly.

It would make you throw up to hear them going on and on about how horrible Livingston was (is) on other boards :nono:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
That's why I don't visit other boards. The PNG community and others that want to come over are all I need to chat with.

I will have video later in the day tomorrow. I have to work early tomorrow morning, then off to a soccer game. I will work on the video following all of that.

Penny

Lumberton appears to be a bit of a Jeckyl and Hyde this year. They beat Central pretty soundly, so on any given Friday they seem capable of playing really good football. Then on any given Friday they could get beat by Vidor. Although Vidor played Central tough as well... gonna be a tight race.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
pngfan93 said:
That's why I don't visit other boards. The PNG community and others that want to come over are all I need to chat with.

Some people like to shop at Wal-Mart along with the large crowds and obnoxious store clerks. Some like to support their locally owned stores that cater to their needs. To each his own. ;)

Penny

Great to see Segura have a big game. It's tough being a coaches son, something you have to go through to understand. After reading his name tossed about a little, I'm happy for him. The good lord blesses the ones he chooses to.

pncoach

Indianfan, what do you mean you cannot call the coaches out for turnovers? Turning the ball over is in the lack of preparing for the game. It has been a while since I played, but if we dropped the ball in practice or the game, we carried it around all week. After summer two a days, there was not many of us whom had to carry the ball around. Again, I will say it again this week, it's all about coaching.
This morning, not my favorite writer, quoted MB in the PA News, MB stated that Livingston turned it up in the second half. So what does that mean MB, we were not prepared for Livingston to bring their A game to the big night at the reservation? Come on MB, anyone that comes to the reservation to play, certainly has heard about it and they want to pound us in our palace, wake up the coffee is burning! Another point along this line, why didn't we turn it up, if it works like you say, it was 14-14 at half time and we had just scored going in at the half, we had them on the ropes.
One other thing, throw to the TE, he was open all night long. PNG is not known for effectively utilizing the tight end. But, listen and watch a few other games, the TE is an effective offensive weapon, just ask Tony Romo or Troy Aikman. Our TE could have caught a five yard pass all night long and ran for another 5-10 yards all night.
I am sure that I am going to hear it for Saturday morning QBing. I am sure the english major will say something to the effect if you can do it better then do it. Well folks, there are a number of people who can do it better the MB is doing it, one of them is the coach for Livingston, and if our job opened up, he would apply, he has PNG connections.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The comments about coaches sons has to be taken with a grain of salt. As I recall there have been quite a few coaches sons that could play some serious ball.

Wade Phillips
Richy Ethridge
Randy Ethridge
Dustin Long
Clint Burnett

And probably a lot more...

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
pncoach said:
Indianfan, what do you mean you cannot call the coaches out for turnovers? Turning the ball over is in the lack of preparing for the game.

Sounds like a job for you 'pncoach'. Head on over and teach them how to carry the rock. Also how to prevent defensive backs from intercepting the ball.
You could probably make a great living at it. Traveling around the country doing seminars for NFL, college and high school teams across the nation. Heck, Jerry Jones might add you to his staff to work with Tony Romo. ;)

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
pncoach said:
This morning, not my favorite writer, quoted MB in the PA News, MB stated that Livingston turned it up in the second half. So what does that mean MB, we were not prepared for Livingston to bring their A game to the big night at the reservation? Come on MB, anyone that comes to the reservation to play, certainly has heard about it and they want to pound us in our palace, wake up the coffee is burning!

I had the same thoughts when reading the article.

C O Wilson Bullpups

footballfan said:
Its pretty bad when Livingston runs right through our defense Jacob Lynch and Jerin Spikes can't do it alone. Our middle defense line just lets them go right through them. I think one of the problems is all the kids they have playing both ways, why not let some of the other talent on the team get to play and then the players won't be so tired out. By the third or fourth quarter our team is whipped. We have so much better talent on that field and there is no reason we should be losing like this. We have won district 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade so whats up with Vasrsity. Could it ne the head coach. Yes I know he doesn't call the plays but for if he sees something's not working change it. To not even watch the game video with the boys of the Nederland game was ridiculous. Learn from your mistakes Burnette and apparently we didn't how the game was played. Has he ever heard of throwing on first down. I don't think so I am a frustrated football parent that knows our kids could be playing better if they were coached right. Its time to clean house like I said last week.
C O Wilson both A & B team was undefeated in 2007

Tomahawk Chop

C O Wilson Bullpups said:
footballfan said:
Its pretty bad when Livingston runs right through our defense Jacob Lynch and Jerin Spikes can't do it alone. Our middle defense line just lets them go right through them. I think one of the problems is all the kids they have playing both ways, why not let some of the other talent on the team get to play and then the players won't be so tired out. By the third or fourth quarter our team is whipped. We have so much better talent on that field and there is no reason we should be losing like this. We have won district 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade so whats up with Vasrsity. Could it ne the head coach. Yes I know he doesn't call the plays but for if he sees something's not working change it. To not even watch the game video with the boys of the Nederland game was ridiculous. Learn from your mistakes Burnette and apparently we didn't how the game was played. Has he ever heard of throwing on first down. I don't think so I am a frustrated football parent that knows our kids could be playing better if they were coached right. Its time to clean house like I said last week.
C O Wilson both A & B team was undefeated in 2007

Congratulations. Unfortunately the PN-G 9th grade beat them last week.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Like I stated in a previous post, we need to get away from the 5 yard out pass. We do not have the speed at receiver for this route.
When you do not have team speed like we don't have you want to run your routes up field and across the middle. Tatum has a strong arm, but when you throw the out pass you have to have a quick receiver to make a quick break and the timing has to be there ( ball has to be in the air before he makes the break)

Running backs have got to hold on to the ball. The backs have fumbled in each of our first 5 games. Play calling was better lastnight, we mixed it up better but I would like to see us pass more on first downs. Also I noticed everytime Wright or Harmon are in the slot we try to run a screen pass and if I can read it the other team can as well.

Defense, we need to get more quickness and size up the middle. The 2 middle linebackers are good athletes but they are more built for defensive backs.

My 2 cents

pncoach

Indianfan, it sounds like you are on the fence, first you are pro-coaching staff, now you are offering their jobs to me. Have you become Obamatized? As for accepting your gracious offer, I would be more then happy to come out to practice and give some pointers, but actually taking over the team, I would have to decline. I am just enjoying the retirement years so much, and the fishing has been great, and the golf game has improved. But, like I said, should this job open up, it would draw a lot of attention and that guy from Livingston should be high on our list. If he can do what he has done over there with 28 players on the traveling squad, just think what he could do with our numbers and talent. BTW, if you really want to meet Jerry, let me know.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
ok not to sound rude but either we have talent or we dont. On one hand our wr are slow,our linebackers are small,our rb fumble.So where is that talent everybody speaks of.I know wright and harmon can run the ball but wheres this talent thats suppose to lead PNG to the playoffs.Last night you could tell we were the slower team and no adjustments can make up for speed.You cant coach speed or size you either have it or you dont.And we dont have it.My questions is,if we werent a 20 point loss to Nederland what were we against Livingston.I knowfor a fact that the DT change out,but i dont see the DE changing out plus they play on offense.The adjustment should have been made on the o line against the faster DE's.Especially when PNG had to escape the run and go to the passing game.Im not a coach nor do i claim to be.I played for most of guys coaching on the sideline and care about the program.All i can say is gear up and good luck with the rest of the year tough road ahead.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
pncoach, all I am is pro Port Neches-Groves and can back that.

The only posts you've ever made on this messageboard are caustic, critical attacks on the coaching staff. When everything is positive, you're nowhere to be found. What's up with that?

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Here's my two cents. You can't blame the coaches on this one. Livingston man handled our offensive line, and was in Tatum's face all night. Tatum either didn't have time to throw or he took too long and was sacked. Tatum needs to tuck and run up field if the WR isn't open. He's a good QB, but he needs to work on his vision of the field. They need to bring up JV linemen I guess cause the varsity lineman looked horrible. RB's quit trying to beat people to the sidelines because everybody we play is faster. If your running around the end and see pursuit, lower your head and try to gain as many yards as possible. It looks like Harmon runs a little better than Wright. Wright may be too bulky too hold on to the ball. Defense didn't do too bad considering they were on the field alot. Still hurting in the secondary. One more thing, the five yard out quick passes, either teach kids to come back to the ball or quit calling that play. It killed us last night and caused the other team to get 14 points. I don't see that much talent this year from this team and aren't very motivated to play. I don't think the blame should be ALL on the coaches, these boys are going have to step up and want to get it done or stay at the house for playoffs. I wish the football team the best of luck for the rest of the season.

81alum

"and aren't very motivated to play"
That falls on the coaches. We not only need a change we need to open the search up and NOT hire from within.

pncoach

Wow, I guess my last posting was deleted. I am sure that I complied with all of the rules of the message board, with the exception of agreeing with the administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores