PN-G VS LIVINGSTON -- **Live updates **

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch. Way to fight back Indians.

Still proud of the team. Regroup and get ready for Vidor next week.

Work extra hard on the blocking. ;D

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Well............. I believe we had 8 turnovers.

You simply do not win games (or poise yourself as a playoff contender) with 8 turnovers. Period.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
2 int's for TD's. 4 turnovers in the 1st half alone. You can't do that in this district and expect to win.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
#1 for livingston was all over the field. I think if u take away his 2 big interceptions for tds ur looking at a different game.the only playing I didn't like was throwing the screen pass on every 3rd and long. Too much speed to contain boys on d couldn't catch a break.I was pleased with the play calling but you have to execute. they needed to protect tatum better but in the end turnovers killed all momentum.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
One thing that we have always preached at PNG is DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE. We can't get away from this. Yes, I'm glad there has been an effort to open up the offense, but that offense must control the ball and control the clock. That means no turnovers and keep the opponents defense on the field. This keeps our D fresh and ready to hit hard. With that being said, our D has to get pressure on the QB, must stop the run, and COVER. Anyone care to elaborate on this?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Im sorry but we're just not very good right now. The lack of speed and size is hurting us on defense. On offense we need to get away from the 5 yard out passes, we just don't have the speed.
#12 was killing us on the outside rush, he was all over Tatum on almost every pass. Hopefully the boys can put this behind them and get on a role next week.

footballfan

Its pretty bad when Livingston runs right through our defense Jacob Lynch and Jerin Spikes can't do it alone. Our middle defense line just lets them go right through them. I think one of the problems is all the kids they have playing both ways, why not let some of the other talent on the team get to play and then the players won't be so tired out. By the third or fourth quarter our team is whipped. We have so much better talent on that field and there is no reason we should be losing like this. We have won district 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade so whats up with Vasrsity. Could it ne the head coach. Yes I know he doesn't call the plays but for if he sees something's not working change it. To not even watch the game video with the boys of the Nederland game was ridiculous. Learn from your mistakes Burnette and apparently we didn't how the game was played. Has he ever heard of throwing on first down. I don't think so I am a frustrated football parent that knows our kids could be playing better if they were coached right. Its time to clean house like I said last week.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
How many kids were dressed from Livingston. The radio announcers were saying only 28-30 kids were suited up to play for the Lions. Was that accurate?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
How many kids were dressed from Livingston. The radio announcers were saying only 28-30 kids were suited up to play for the Lions. Was that accurate?

If that many, they did not have many players.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
footballfan said:
Its pretty bad when Livingston runs right through our defense Jacob Lynch and Jerin Spikes can't do it alone. Our middle defense line just lets them go right through them. I think one of the problems is all the kids they have playing both ways, why not let some of the other talent on the team get to play and then the players won't be so tired out. By the third or fourth quarter our team is whipped. We have so much better talent on that field and there is no reason we should be losing like this. We have won district 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade so whats up with Vasrsity. Could it ne the head coach. Yes I know he doesn't call the plays but for if he sees something's not working change it. To not even watch the game video with the boys of the Nederland game was ridiculous. Learn from your mistakes Burnette and apparently we didn't how the game was played. Has he ever heard of throwing on first down. I don't think so I am a frustrated football parent that knows our kids could be playing better if they were coached right. Its time to clean house like I said last week.

Turnovers did in the Indians this week. Coaches aren't playing on the field so calling them out this week doesn't make a lot of sense.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
footballfan said:

Turnovers did in the Indians this week. Coaches aren't playing on the field so calling them out this week doesn't make a lot of sense.

AMEN

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Stats are up. Indians out gained Livingston 357-289. Tatum passed for 258 yards to five different receivers. Junior RB Harmon averaged 6 yards per carry.

35 running plays and 26 passes. Balanced attack. But five turnovers.

Work on the run blocking and pass protection, hang on to the ball, and continue to improve on defense. There may be something to the theory that some key players are on the field too long.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&Season=2008&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=20113&TeamID=151&SearchType=Teams

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Indians out gained Livingston 357-289. Tatum passed for 258 yards to five different receivers. Junior RB Harmon averaged 6 yards per carry. 35 running plays and 26 passes.

Those are very impressive stats. It baffles me how Lumberton beat them so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores