PN-G VS NED *** Live updates

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I'd like to compliment the boys on how hard they played tonight. They never let up, and even scored a TD in the waning moments of the game when we all new it was over. They defined themselves as a team yet again. You can't win them all. We will come out swinging Friday against Livingston after a full week of practice and game prep.

Congrats to the 'Dogs on a well deserved win. Looks like the Ned / Lumberton game will be a barn burner, but our game against the Raiders will be as well.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
i agree with you 93. They never gave up. the bad thing is that it seemed that some of the coaches did. how can you be losing and have one minute left in the half and two timeouts and not try to at least get close. It has to be frustrating for tatum to not get a chance to really throw the ball until we are so far behind it doesn't matter. My hats off to the boys.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Ok, I have to ask...what was the long pause in the game about after we got the two penalties, I know one was for unsportsman like conduct and the other offsides I think? For one thing, I have no idea where the unsportsman like conduct came from, it looked like there was NDN player anywhere near Ned...they were both huddled up. Maybe someone could shed some light on this, thanks.

Penny

The unsportsmanlike was one of the PNG guys speaking something to the referee. The confusion ocurred because Nederland declined the holding penalty, but PNG had gotten a first down on the play so by declining they should've had a first down with the 15 yards marked off from the end of the run. Or, if the refs made a mistake and Nederland did take the holding penalty and then tacked on the unsportsmanlike, it should've been second down and forever. Either way I think they just got that one wrong.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Penny said:
The unsportsmanlike was one of the PNG guys speaking something to the referee. The confusion ocurred because Nederland declined the holding penalty, but PNG had gotten a first down on the play so by declining they should've had a first down with the 15 yards marked off from the end of the run. Or, if the refs made a mistake and Nederland did take the holding penalty and then tacked on the unsportsmanlike, it should've been second down and forever. Either way I think they just got that one wrong.

Penny, you are right on with this remark. The refs screwed up that call. Ned should have never taken the Unsportsman because it would have resulted in a first down for PNG. The Unsportsman occurred after the play was over and the first down was made. Ned should have taken the holding penalty and just replayed the down. However, the refs made it 3rd down because they marked it from the original line of scrimmage instead of where the first down was made. Its a total mistake by the refs, but that one call didn't really have an affect on the outcome on the game. It just gave me something to yell about in the stands!

Penny

Only thing I can think happened is that one of the Ned players declined the holding penalty and Neumann talked the ref into that being a miscommunication and that he wanted to accept the holding penalty... after that it went downhill. Unfortunate that it was the first possession of the 2nd half, PNG needed something to go right and had to overcome that bad call. But like you said, it still would've been 2nd and forever, so probably wouldn't have changed much.

Penny

Yeah, there were several times when I would think, okay lookout they're going to #19... and then he wouldn't even be on the field. I don't think we were able to cover him not one time tonight. Very confusing why he wasn't called on more.... like until Nederland stopped him.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
I was glad to see the "never say die" attitudue of the boys - good group of kids out there. Good job Guys!!! What I don't understand is why some of the talent is sitting on the sidelines and we are playing some guys on offense and defense. Not that Jeron Spikes is not a good player, but he spent 90% of his time on defense and no break for the kid, and throw him in on offense in the next several plays - give the kid a break for goodnees sake.

We have some other talent sitting on the sidelines waiting to go in. Jake Taliaferro, for one. He has been practising at quick tackle and yet we don't see him on the field - what gives with that BS? Blake Hebert is another one - this kid is good, yet not one foot on the field. WTH. It drives me insane sometimes.

I do want to give a big shout out to Tatum, Benoit, Kerr, Wright, Wright, DeRon (finally, someone with some hands), Celgeilski, McElduff - good game tonigh guys.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Penny said:
Only thing I can think happened is that one of the Ned players declined the holding penalty and Neumann talked the ref into that being a miscommunication and that he wanted to accept the holding penalty... after that it went downhill. Unfortunate that it was the first possession of the 2nd half, PNG needed something to go right and had to overcome that bad call. But like you said, it still would've been 2nd and forever, so probably wouldn't have changed much.

Either way, we got screwed out of a play. If they took the penalty, then the down goes over. Instead, they took the penalty AND the down away, giving us a 3rd and a mile. Those refs had HUB (Head Up Butt) disease all night.
But like someone said, it didn't change the outcome of the game. Ned just flat out coached and out played us tonight. Congrats to them.

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
MightyNDNS said:
I was glad to see the "never say die" attitudue of the boys - good group of kids out there. Good job Guys!!! What I don't understand is why some of the talent is sitting on the sidelines and we are playing some guys on offense and defense. Not that Jeron Spikes is not a good player, but he spent 90% of his time on defense and no break for the kid, and throw him in on offense in the next several plays - give the kid a break for goodnees sake.

We have some other talent sitting on the sidelines waiting to go in. Jake Taliaferro, for one. He has been practising at quick tackle and yet we don't see him on the field - what gives with that BS? Blake Hebert is another one - this kid is good, yet not one foot on the field. WTH. It drives me insane sometimes.
I do want to give a big shout out to Tatum, Benoit, Kerr, Wright, Wright, DeRon (finally, someone with some hands), Celgeilski, McElduff - good game tonigh guys.

Do we really need to answer this???

Justafan, I guess you do because I'm not sure I understand.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
NDN fan 4ever said:
Justafan said:
MightyNDNS said:

Goes back to who you are. But we have to live with hand thats dealt to us. Good luck to the boys next week against Livingston. We still have a alot of ball left this year.

Bigdog

The Dog
I was wondering about that call too. It should have been second and long.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the year, and I hope Indian Ken is ok, I saw the ambulances and was wondering what was going on.

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
Justafan said:
MightyNDNS said:

Goes back to who you are.

Well I agree with MightyNDNS. There are some good players sitting the bench while we continue to play several players both ways. Look at the size of our team compared to other in our district. We are considerably greater in number but fewer play relatively speaking.

The Taliaferro kid has been on varsity a couple of years for example so why isn't he in a regular rotation?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
MCM 2008 is in the books. Good effort by players on both teams. Now we can eagerly await another "witty" Halliburton article. :crazy:

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
Justafan said:
MightyNDNS said:

Goes back to who you are. But we have to live with hand thats dealt to us. Good luck to the boys next week against Livingston. We still have a alot of ball left this year.

I'm with you, I am sick of this caca of who you know - I am glad I don't have boys!!! Not that most of the boys out there are not "the" talent. But why are there 2 of our quarterbacks out there playing defense, they are good at what they do either way I guess. We need a little more blocking practise on offense line - get to it Dan. Gotta hold your block longer than one second....

Here's a tip for you, Matt - Don't go up the middle when the average weight of the defense line is over 250 lbs.

footballfan

I have a senior on the team and the boys get so aggravated that there are so many juniors playing over the seniors. We have the biggest senior class 41 of them and we have talent in those seniors but for some reason the juniors are getting alot of the playing time. They will have their time but you are right Jake T. has always been a starter and he is an awesome player but I think they are wanting to build there team for next year. You have coaches on the team that have Junior kids and thats who they are wanting to play. On the kickoff and kickoff return dont tell me they couldn't play the seniors in that spot but look at the juniors playing. this team has been together and had their spot and then when they get to varsity they dont get playing time. This doesnt make sense. We all know what we need to happen its just if the school board will do it or not, CLEAN HOUSE!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The same things happened back in the Ethridge days.

Unfortunately it works that way at a lot of schools. If there are political or business influences, family connections, or simple favoritism involved, it strongly influences decisions about playing time.

No it's not fair. But is anyone that's walked the earth a few decades surprised?

pncoach

Another episode whereas Matt is out coached by Larry, folks when are we going to learn? As for the kids sitting on the bench, yes we have good kids sitting on the bench, whom are very capable players. But, there is one thing against them, they are not related to anyone on the coaching staff, their dad's did not play for PNG, they don't have older brothers who played, etc. etc.. Do I need to go on?

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
Let's see - we are not going to play to win, we are going to play to make people happy that their "little darling" is on the field. I guess I slept thru the Etheridge years where the favorites made an impact on the outcome of the game - 4 years in a row to the playoffs sure sounds like the right people were on the field, to me.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores