PN-G vs NED Mid-county Madness

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
You have always been a class act Yankeedawg--glad you come here to post. I too hope no more injuries and/or illnesses, and a quick and full recovery to those who have been out. Have fun tomorrow Yankeedawg and have a safe night.

Thank you NDN79...I appreciate your kind comments. Have a great nite at the game as well.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:
IndianFan said:
This is the lightest MCM talk we've had in years. Not much enthusiasm and other than YankeeDawg, no N*******d fan participation. (Following Coach Faircloth's instruction to not say the word. :) )

I'm glad to see that IndianFan is following directions well. Where are all of the dawg fans? I'm guessing the talk is not big because almost everyone is giving this game to the NDNs before it is even played. On paper, we have Ned. dominated, but this is MCM and anything can happen. Of course, I'm one of those believers that this game is all but over with a PNG victory.

Yeah, we do seem to take the underdawg spot this year. Unfortunately, with the amount of injuries we've sustained, I guess that's understandable. However, like you and some others have pointed out, this is MCM and anything can happen. I just hope we can give you a decent showing , even with many of the non- first string players in starting roles.
Each year I feel that for MCM, everything gets thrown out the window and just let our teams play their hearts out....it's a very special moment in the lives of all these young men. Good luck and hopes for no more injuries/sickness etc. to both teams.

He really won't let you say................. ;D NEDERLAND ??

Well ya know Yankeedawg, we try NOT to use the "N" in these parts! :faint:

LOL, I should have seen THAT coming my friend.
4.gif

Have fun tomorrow nite and let the chips fall where they may...one thing though, if by chance we happen to pull it out can I still come post here?? ;D

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
yankeedawg said:
PNG Proud said:
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:
IndianFan said:
This is the lightest MCM talk we've had in years. Not much enthusiasm and other than YankeeDawg, no N*******d fan participation. (Following Coach Faircloth's instruction to not say the word. :) )

I'm glad to see that IndianFan is following directions well. Where are all of the dawg fans? I'm guessing the talk is not big because almost everyone is giving this game to the NDNs before it is even played. On paper, we have Ned. dominated, but this is MCM and anything can happen. Of course, I'm one of those believers that this game is all but over with a PNG victory.

Yeah, we do seem to take the underdawg spot this year. Unfortunately, with the amount of injuries we've sustained, I guess that's understandable. However, like you and some others have pointed out, this is MCM and anything can happen. I just hope we can give you a decent showing , even with many of the non- first string players in starting roles.
Each year I feel that for MCM, everything gets thrown out the window and just let our teams play their hearts out....it's a very special moment in the lives of all these young men. Good luck and hopes for no more injuries/sickness etc. to both teams.

4.gif

Have fun tomorrow nite and let the chips fall where they may...one thing though, if by chance we happen to pull it out can I still come post here?? ;D

Win, lose or draw, you're welcome here ANY time, buddy. Oh, BTW, I'm still waiting on that "gift"!

Also, today... I give thanks that your episode :crip: last yr. at this time, was only a minor stumbling block, and I'm thrilled that you're able to make the game this yr. :clap:

15PNG

500+ Posts
I'm ready for 'twitter' sure wish I could be there. :'( Somebody scream for the 6 of us here. :woot:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDN X said:
cant wait!!! It's the game of the year!! :duel:
I agree! I upset some people by saying we've had a winning season if we beat Nederland, but that's how we feel and a lot of others feel that way, too. To be honest, I'm concerned about tonight's game. Too much talk from Nederland about injuries, etc. I wish Nederland were whole and complete. After much thinking, I am ready to make a prediction: IF we win, it will be because we have a pass defense for the first time since the 70's that is doing a great job. I am not downing the rest of the team, they do a great job. I just think this will be the deciding factor in tonight's game. Hope not to have a heart attack tonight! I've been waiting several years for this game and we should win, but its not safe to bet on anything when it comes to MCM. Go, Indians, scalp 'em good (I want to win by 20 points at least!)

NDN79

500+ Posts
A R E Y O U R E A D Y T O R U M B L E ! ! ! !

L E T ' S G E T I T O N ! ! ! !

P N - G R O C K S T H E H O U S E T O N I G H T ! ! ! !

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Nederland is on their 3rd or 4th string QB. As long as the secondary stays focused, he'll only be able to dump off short passes like LCM did. I'd expect the defensive coaches to have them ready for that. As far as our offense goes, Nederland is down to their 3rd string MLB and is missing both starting DEs. I'd expect Doty to have a record night, thus eventually opening Harmon up for a possible repeat of last week.

Of course, Faircloth may decide to rest the starters if we get too far ahead. We'll just have to see how things pan out.

Any word on how many of our players have the flu? Any extra Nederland players with the flu?

modmouse78

100+ Posts
From what i understand, they are on their fourth string qb, and the new mlb is the waterboy. So we better watch what we are doing on offense. We might have to start kneeling the ball and let our defense win. ;D

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
Nederland is on their 3rd or 4th string QB. As long as the secondary stays focused, he'll only be able to dump off short passes like LCM did. I'd expect the defensive coaches to have them ready for that. As far as our offense goes, Nederland is down to their 3rd string MLB and is missing both starting DEs. I'd expect Doty to have a record night, thus eventually opening Harmon up for a possible repeat of last week.

Of course, Faircloth may decide to rest the starters if we get too far ahead. We'll just have to see how things pan out.

Any word on how many of our players have the flu? Any extra Nederland players with the flu?

They are on their 4th string QB because they need their 3rd string in whatever position he plays more.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
yankeedawg said:
PNG Proud said:
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:
IndianFan said:

4.gif

Win, lose or draw, you're welcome here ANY time, buddy. Oh, BTW, I'm still waiting on that "gift"!

Also, today... I give thanks that your episode :crip: last yr. at this time, was only a minor stumbling block, and I'm thrilled that you're able to make the game this yr. :clap:

Thanks Proud, but as luck (bad luck) would have it, both the wife and I are nursing this dang flu bug (or whatever it is) so we won't make it tonite. This is getting old man!! 2 MCM's in a row missed!! :'(. I was hoping to get to meet you...another time I guess...

I sincerely appreciate our friendship that has developed thru this board..you represent the PNG community in fine fashion.

Now as far as your "present" goes...I think my daughter gave it to one of her PNG friends that she goes to church with, so I owe you one. I'm gonna get ya something very special (hehehehe ::) ).

God Bless...have a great time at the game...Good luck to the Indians and Bulldogs. Let these young men battle hard, play fair and come out of this game uninjured and being able to walk as friends.

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
Good luck tonight Indians...and Bulldogs. I pray for a clean, well fought game free of any major injuries. I'm sure the crowd will be large and loud, I just wish I was there to enjoy it. But I will watch it tomorrow morning on Game of the Week and listen live tonight via the internet.

BRING it INDIANS to...5-0, 2-0 and in the drivers seat.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
purplewarrior said:
Never under estimate your opponent. Best to both teams. Take it to em Indians. GO BIG PURPLE!!
I just heard from someone who went to the JV game last night wearing purple. We won 26-17. As they were leaving a fan from our neighboring school district stopped them and said "Well, we'll give you the JV game tonight, but tomorrow we'll show you how to play football."
I was also told by a student at N*******D that Atterberry is NOT going to be the QB and they are bringing in someone else. He also said Neuman (sp?) has plenty of "tricks" for the Indians. I hope our boys don't fall for all the hype about how bad they (the dogs) are, etc. I've heard that garbage from them in the past. Frankly, I don't buy a word of this. We should win, but it will take hardnosed play for 48 minutes to do it. I'm so nervous already!! Go, Indians!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores