PN-G vs Nederland

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
What I saw was very poor preparation and game planning. A running QB is going to run all over us. We CANNOT defend the pass to the RB in the flat. We are very small up front this year, I'd like to see us move the Morris kid to MLB. Good size and speed. The lack of an opponent the past 3 weeks hurt us, we haven't had to play 4 qtrs. for 5 games.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Bigdog, if you were to frequent this board regularly, then you would have a rapport with the folks on this board. Instead, when you only come on here once a yr..... to antagonize... it's not taken too well.

We don't need THAT type of traffic. We can take stuff from anyone... as long as there is respect. But, just like your signature says... "It's Earned".

You haven't done that on this board.

Bigdog

The Dog
PNG Proud said:
Bigdog, if you were to frequent this board regularly, then you would have a rapport with the folks on this board. Instead, when you only come on here once a yr..... to antagonize... it's not taken too well.

We don't need THAT type of traffic. We can take stuff from anyone... as long as there is respect. But, just like your signature says... "It's Earned".

You haven't done that on this board.

Oh come on now, Proud. I have been posting on the different local message boards with the same screen name for the last 12 years at least. Maybe not as much on this board but on others.
As I said on earlier on this board, the game was going to be a barn burner and it was. If you are using the same name on the other board you know I am respectful, but I can also dish it out as well as take it.
After everything posted, this reaction is sour grapes.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
No disrespect to you Bigdog. But you really don't come on here much at all. So to come on, basically one time a year, and stir the pot, just doesn't sit well with some.

Like I said, if you were on here a lot, and folks knew you better, as I do, they'd probably take it better.

Plus... it's still stinging right now, so peeps are more sensitive.

I have no problem with you, and I hope you know that.

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
This format of communication, message boards, seem to be less popular than other forms of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and the up and coming services. When is the last time you saw a high school age poster here? Bandkid is the last I can think of and he's moved on to other avenues for the most part.

Hey, I'm still around. I'm just not half as up to date on local issues as I used to be, so I don't have as much to contribute anymore.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Whodat said:
Definitely need to outscore folks, the defense had no answers last night and that offense won't be near the best
:hook:
Big dose of Ned. and Nauman in the PA News BUT the guy has been the Head Ball Coach at Nederland for 22 years.

They love him over there.

That says lots. He certainly has our number these last 5-10 or so years.

Give them credit. They deserve it ---2 weeks in a row Shey is the man.

That's OK we will get there and will learn a lot on the way.
:band: :clap: :duel: :cowboy: :texasflag: :shout: :shout: :shout:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
OK...two days post Nederland. Good game, Nederland. Well played by all of the kids on both teams. For PN-G, time to move on to Ozen, Central, and Vidor. We have a lot to play for. Finish up 8-2...get into the playoffs and then it is win or go home. Lots to play for in 2014. Hate losing to Nederland. It's over. Tip of the cap to the Bulldogs, Seay, Krautz, Barton, et al. played very well. The Bulldog OL played well. The Indians never quit, made a game of it in the 4Q and it came down to a few plays in the 4Q. I wasn't a fan of the onside kick, but oh well. No crying. Sack up, move on. Too much on the plate to play for in 2014.

To those saying fire this coach or that coach, take that mess elsewhere.

NDN06

100+ Posts
Does anyone know how many passing yards Adam has for the season? (Or where I should look to find that info?) Also, what is the season record for PNG? I believe it is held by Dustin Long, but I can't find it on this website's homepage (all I see is leading rushers). I remember thinking early on that he had a good shot at breaking the record before playoffs started, but I don't know where he stands at this point.

I will say this much, Morse is a great QB! I think the first half of MCM was just jitters. I can't imagine performing under that amount of pressure at 17 years old. I also think him and the team will be better for it going into the playoffs. MCM is big, but those playoff stages can get awfully big too. I'm ready to watch this team dust it off and get back to business! :punchingbag:

Bigdog

The Dog
bark said:
Whodat said:
Definitely need to outscore folks, the defense had no answers last night and that offense won't be near the best
:hook:
Big dose of Ned. and Nauman in the PA News BUT the guy has been the Head Ball Coach at Nederland for 22 years.

They love him over there.

That says lots. He certainly has our number these last 5-10 or so years.

Give them credit. They deserve it ---2 weeks in a row Shey is the man.

That's OK we will get there and will learn a lot on the way.
:band: :clap: :duel: :cowboy: :texasflag: :shout: :shout: :shout:

I spoke to Gabe and he said he did not get a chance to interview the PNG team as they were already off the field by the time he got down from the press box.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I can't speak to the validity of the following stats, but per the Houston Chronicle:

Adam Morse 137 comp 208 att 65.87% 2026 yds 22 TDs 8 INTs

These stats are through the Nederland game as of October 17. If the stats are incorrect, blame the Houston Chronicle. Don't shoot the messenger.

The season record is 3,000+ yards set by D. Long in 1999 over a 16-games season and a nice collection of hardware for the trophy case (District, Bi-District, Area, Regional, Quarterfinals, and Semi-final championships...and a State Finalist appearance). He would need to throw for over 300+ yards per game over the next three to have a shot at D. Long's record before the playoffs. I'd rather have 3 solid wins over Ozen, Central and Vidor...and some momentum and mojo going into the playoffs. The very first playoff game vs. a team from 21-5A [CE King, Dayton, Crosby, etc.] will be a serious test right out of the gate. First, let's focus on Ozen and getting our mojo back.

Go Indians. Peace.

NDN06

100+ Posts
Thanks 1989NDN! I remember thinking he needed somewhere around 300 per game to break it.

I agree, we need the momentum going into the playoffs. 21-5A are already counting their chickens. They'll all be tough teams, but I'd love for our 4 to go in there and smack 'em in the mouth :punchingbag: The loss to Ned hurts, but it's definitely not the end of the world by any means. I hope it's gotten the boys p*$$*d off and fired up! The rest of district is theirs to win! :helmet: :woohoo: :guns:

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
I can't speak to the validity of the following stats, but per the Houston Chronicle:

Adam Morse 137 comp 208 att 65.87% 2026 yds 22 TDs 8 INTs

These stats are through the Nederland game as of October 17. If the stats are incorrect, blame the Houston Chronicle. Don't shoot the messenger.

The season record is 3,000+ yards set by D. Long in 1999 over a 16-games season and a nice collection of hardware for the trophy case (District, Bi-District, Area, Regional, Quarterfinals, and Semi-final championships...and a State Finalist appearance). He would need to throw for over 300+ yards per game over the next three to have a shot at D. Long's record before the playoffs. I'd rather have 3 solid wins over Ozen, Central and Vidor...and some momentum and mojo going into the playoffs. The very first playoff game vs. a team from 21-5A [CE King, Dayton, Crosby, etc.] will be a serious test right out of the gate. First, let's focus on Ozen and getting our mojo back.

Go Indians. Peace.

Need wins not records. WOS and Nederland losses tuff. All teams are lucky there 4 teams that go to the playoffs. -- not the district champs only.

:clap: :woohoo:

NDN06

100+ Posts
I did not ask the question about his passing record in this thread so that everyone could chime in and tear him down. I asked the question in this thread because this was the most recent game played and I didn't see any other appropriate thread to ask (and I did not want to start one for a simple response). It really wasn't even meant for discussion, just to quench my own curiosity.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think 2000+yards in 7 games (for a junior quarterback) is pretty impressive and a great statement about the hard work Adam and the WRs have put in this season. He put up 259 yards on WOS and 284 on Nederland (both only slightly under his avg per game of 289). I wouldn't exactly call that "play[ing] poorly". And don't forget WOS has one of the top rated secondaries in the area (with, I believe, 4 players already committed to play at the next level).

As MOM2INDIANS stated, IF you were an Indian fan, you would know that our backup QB plays on defense. You would also know that in all those games they "allowed him to build his stats", the passing game was nearly non-existent for the 3rd and 4th quarters. Running the ball does NOT help build stats for a quarterback. Sorry. It just doesn't work that way. Nice try though on your 3rd post. Keep at it. Maybe you'll catch on one day ::)

sarge5555

Mom2indians.....No Ma'am, not rude at all but I think we all know what you meant. It's all okay...........no matter what, we know our PNG Indians still have work to do. We know our work is not done yet by being their support and their parents. You keep on motivating and I will do the same. We get loud and we get proud. Go Indians.

One more thing.......we can see that you heart is in it with all of the players, and that Mom2indians, is a true "bleed purple" statement. Great job to you and all of the other Moms out there that support and defend the players to the end. Fathers, you are in the same boat. I'm just an uncle to one of the players but my heart is always on the line each and every play just like yours is.

I say, let's bury the Nederland game and focus on Ozen. Who knows, we might see Nederland AGAIN!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Im a Mom to a Trombone and a Trumpet, no kids on the team, but someone told me that a player tweeted about feeling like he let the whole town down. As a Mom, that just breaks my heart.

sarge5555

Sure wish I knew what kid that would be because I did not see one kid do anything that would lead him to believe that he let the entire town down much less a teammate. See, that's where we need to take that young man and motivate him back to good spirits because the town is not let down just because of a loss. It helps us to prepare for the future, even outside of high school sports. Thank you for being a good support for the band, they really work hard and perform superbly. Whether it be sports, band, theatrical, academic or many more to name, we need to make sure that they understand that no matter if you get knocked down, always get up, brush yourself off and figure out a way to continue to go forward. Life is given, it's up to us to make our path in this life. Try to make wise decisions, believe in yourself, and never be afraid to fail. That's what parents, friends and relatives are here for....to help one another. MOTIVATE THEM...............

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
MOM2INDIANS said:
Im a Mom to a Trombone and a Trumpet, no kids on the team, but someone told me that a player tweeted about feeling like he let the whole town down. As a Mom, that just breaks my heart.

Grab that kid, give him a hug, and tell him he and the 2014 PN-G Indians did not let anyone down. It's a game. Albeit, a very important game, but it is still a game. PN-G played well, but came up short. Give Nederland credit. They played well and the game came down to the end. It's over. More important. Get ready for Ozen. I hate losing to Nederland, too. But, it's over. Go win out, get into the playoffs with some mojo on our side, and have fun playing a game. That said, next year...beat Nederland. Ok, now, it's over. On to Ozen. Lots of football left; lots to play for.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores