PN-G vs Nederland

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Offense finally engages in the second half and scores 28. Unfortunately, defense also gives up 28 points. Game over.

Neither defense was able to stop the other team, PN-G offense stopped itself in the first half. Nederland executed when they had the ball, the Indian passing game took a while to get started.

Time remaining to score over, advantage and win to Nederland.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
The missed, blatant pass interference call in the 1st quarter proved to be costly.

And then what are we doing on the on-side kick?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
That;s the breaks. Indians lost the game by not executing in the first half. The opportunity was there for the taking.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
NDNTime said:
The missed, blatant pass interference call in the 1st quarter proved to be costly.

And then what are we doing on the on-side kick?

Was hoping someone at the game could explain that one.

Bigdog

The Dog
Out of all of the pics posted this week, here is my favorite.

<Then frame it, hang it on your wall, and enjoy it as much as you like. It's not hanging here...>

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
:welcome:
IndianFan said:
That;s the breaks. Indians lost the game by not executing in the first half. The opportunity was there for the taking.

It's the "break" that led to the only score of the first half as Ned was able to start the drive from the NDNS 30.

Also, we had abandoned the run in the first half. It's the bass-ackwards philosophy of pass to set up the run, you know, Jason Garrett style.

bark

1,000+ Posts
NDNTime said:
:welcome:
IndianFan said:

It's the "break" that led to the only score of the first half as Ned was able to start the drive from the NDNS 30.

Also, we had abandoned the run in the first half. It's the bass-ackwards philosophy of pass to set up the run, you know, Jason Garrett style.
:stop:
Thought, I would say Spell, Barrows and Newman have 90 years or so combined HS coaching experience. I have never been payed for coaching any sport but the fact that we did not run the ball till the 17th or so play kinda makes you wonder.
I am 100 percent Fairclothe supporter and realize second guessing is easy.

Folks say Burrnett ran too much, Fairclothe passes too much ----can't please all the customers.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't see the game but it would make sense if Nederland was playing to stop the run and make PN-G execute the passing game.

Also based on the radio broadcast, the receivers were wide open in the first half, but the passes were not on target.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
I didn't see the game but it would make sense if Nederland was playing to stop the run and make PN-G execute the passing game.

Also based on the radio broadcast, the receivers were wide open in the first half, but the passes were not on target.

You are correct, we weren't connecting in the first like normal. Seemed like there were some nerves out there.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Bigdog said:

<Then frame it, hang it on your wall, and enjoy it as much as you like. It's not hanging here...>

I don't like to edit messages, but you coming here after the win and being a virtual ass obviously isn't going to go over well. But you knew that didn't you. Take that to the trash boards where it's encouraged to drive traffic. It's not welcome here.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
Bigdog said:

I don't like to edit messages, but you coming here after the win and being a virtual ass obviously isn't going to go over well. But you knew that didn't you. Take that to the trash boards where it's encouraged to drive traffic. It's not welcome here.

Agreed. The volume of traffic may not be what it once was, but it still exists as dedicated site that some of us genuinely appreciate, especially since the trash talk is not tolerated.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This format of communication, message boards, seem to be less popular than other forms of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and the up and coming services. When is the last time you saw a high school age poster here? Bandkid is the last I can think of and he's moved on to other avenues for the most part.

So yeah, this is here when you want to come back to a 'virtual home' where the sky is purple and white, and there is no reason or intention to apologize for that. One of the last remaining school specific sites that chooses to remain.

Where just as if someone walked in the front door of your home, folks like "LittleDog" will be asked to act like they were taught some manners, or be booted out on their ***. (If that's the same guy that used to run the now extinct BigNed.com site, you'd think he had sense to know that.)

scalpem83

coach seems to always be the nervous one.only 2 rushes in the 1st half,and than an offside to begin the 3rd quarter???????only down by 7??????we have a balanced team.So if the q.b. is off than run to settle things down.Against Dayton with 1min 14 seconds and 2 time outs and they could not stop us,marching right along we get to there 40 yard line and we throw hail marry into the endzone.Dayton intersept the ball and game over.We have a great team with good possibility if we just do what we are doing right without the himi and the jimmys.Leave all that to when we are back against the wall.Myself and my family are sick to our stomacks.Love our INDIANS.Lets play ball and not get creative unless we need to.Proud of our Indians and our coaches.Just a little constructive criticism.Now all the way to state.The only way we can loose is if we run into a buzz say like the twins last year.They were special.But it would be a gunslinging fight with our offensive fire power and out d-fence.HOpefully this loss takes us to the next level.

Whodat

Definitely need to outscore folks, the defense had no answers last night and that offense won't be near the best

Bigdog

The Dog
IndianFan said:
Bigdog said:

Its a little late to try take the moral high ground after some of the pictures posted on here and on the other board. You know dang good and well there would be plenty of crowing and trash talking about "#thestreakendshere " if yall had won. A posted pic of the scoreboard was mild compared to some of that.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores