PN-G vs Texas City

bandkid

Staff member
pngfan93 said:
Man it's quiet on here considering how well we did last week and the quality of our next opponent. Im watching the KUIL webcast of the game, and I'm impressed with the corrections the coaches made in only one week's time.

It's not that way at the school. This is the most anticipation I've seen for a game in my high school career. Everyone seems to know that this is going to be a tough game, but I think everyone has faith in Coach Faircloth and the football players.

tcobb27

The Indians will play the strongest team they have faced yet. Texas City is a running team and passes very little < 5 times per game. They will have a big offensive line with good backs. They run 2 tight ends quite a bit and run between the tackles (The strong tackle is 6-6 and is 300lbs)They are a very physical team and there is no way we can run a 3-4 front against them. For us to win we would have to not let them control the clock with their running game and keep our offense off the field. They lost to a strong Lamar Considated team but still rushed for a ton of yards. Their best back is listed as 6ft 180lbs with 4.4 speed and they give it to him 25-30 times a game.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
'93....I think people are so relieved at how well our defense neutralized the Crosby quarterback. And then for the offense to hit stride with 30 first half points was just amazing. This game against Texas City will be a great challenge for our Indians. We can not wait to see how Coach Faircloth and his staff prepares our Indians. I guess it's a little quiet because most are just now catching their breath. Great job Indians. Even the JV games are just as exciting as the Varsity.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Texas City's first game...
Texas City Stings

• OUTCOME — Texas City (0-1) coughed up a second-half lead thanks to five turnovers, and Lamar Consolidated scored 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to avenge last year’s home loss to the Stingarees.

• PLAY OF THE GAME — After stopping the Mustangs inside the red zone on four downs with 7:24 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Texas City offense took over, and Justin Branch fumbled on the second play of the drive. Lamar scored four plays later to take a seven-point lead. That forced the Stings into throwing mode, not their strong suit, and the Mustangs picked off quarterback Ryan Harper’s first pass.

• WHAT WENT RIGHT — The Texas City defense and special teams played well. The Stings blocked three kicks — one field goal and two extra points — and stuffed Lamar twice inside the red zone in the second half.

• WHAT WENT WRONG — Five turnovers certainly hurt, but Texas City also fell victim to the big play. The defense gave up 380 total yards, but 171 of them came on three touchdowns. The Mustangs had scores of 90, 66 and 15 yards. Ouch.

• STARS — Branch carried the ball 18 times for 93 yards, showing some explosiveness to the outside. Will Evans showed he could be a secondary threat behind Branch rushing for 36 yards on five carries and a score. Harper’s debut had a lot of ups and downs. He threw a 35-yard TD strike to Delynn Rice, but completed just 7-of-20 passes and threw two interceptions. He did run for 45 yards.

• SIDELINES — The game was delayed two hours due to lightning. Originally, Stings fans packed the house with roughly 4,500 people. About 500 loyal fans stuck around to watch the game finish after midnight.

• QUOTABLE — “I don’t think I’ve ever played a game after midnight,” Texas City coach Tim Finn said. “But we wanted to get this game in. Against a good team like Lamar, you really find out where you stand and what you need to work on.”

• WHAT’S NEXT — The Stings travel to Alvin on Friday.

— Evan Mohl

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Hate to disagree with ya tcndn, but the 3-4 can be very effective against the run. Just ask the Pittsburgh Steelers how its working for them.The great thing about the 3-4 is that you can show a lot of different fronts. You can have a 3,4 or 5 front look..you can run a 50 with it by bringing your outside backers on the line as ends and use the SS as a rover..thats for some of you old school guys! :eek:ld: One of the advantages we have is that our secondary is very physical this year. I am sure Coach Croaker is brewing up something for Texas City. We showed a lot more on defense last week stunt and blitz-wise..we really caused a lot of confusion. I am sure Croaker will have some run blitz packages ready for Friday night. I am so excited about this team and our coaches. Its like every Friday is Christmas morning and I am the kid who just can't wait til it gets here!

NDN79

500+ Posts
IndianFan has hit on the keys to the game this friday against T.C. First,they seem to have a problem with turn-overs, and nobody is better than the Indians Defense at creating turn-overs.Our offense has been really good at taking a turn-over and putting some points on the score-board.Secondly, T.C. seems to give up some big plays and the Indian Offense has been able to score on big plays, and will hopefully take advantage of big play oppurtunities.Lastly, when they get behind in the game they must go to a passing game that they are not comfortable with. If we force them to pass, then I like our chances with our secondary.

badndn

500+ Posts
70% chance of rain Friday night will also play into this one. If it is raining during the game we will have to really be physical up front. TC will not have to change much in the rain.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
However, TC is already turnover happy. With a slick ball and our defenses ability to create turnovers, TC may be in for a long night.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'm not worried about what Texas City will do. As Coach Faircloth says, the Indians just need to worry about what PN-G can do and what our team controls ... penalties, turnovers, execution in the red zone, having our QB and WRs read the coverages and adjust the routes, having our OL make the right calls for protection schemes, having the defense run to the ball and gang tackle, etc. If we take care of what we control, then PN-G will be just fine. Play hard, play fast, throw that ball around, and have fun. I like Coach Faircloth's style ... worry about what we control and do what we do best while playing with emotion, passion, and playing as hard as we can each play. Texas City can bring as many 6'6" 300 lbs. linemen as they can fit into their buses. No worries. The Indians just need to play fast, play with emotion, minimize mistakes, and let the offensive and defensive game plans be executed to the best of our young mens' abilities.

Go Indians. Peace.

NDN_EE_03

Shuffle your socks for static shocks!
:woohoo: Yeah i would agree,if PNG shows up like they did last week the only thing i see being weak is the sound of cherokee. Seriously, i sit on the and i can varily hear it at all. Can we not mic the band and put it over the speakers too for touchdowns and start of quarters at least? Otherwise, im predicting at 28 to 7 game PNG.

ndnmojo14

i really think in every single thread there is someone griping about cherokee not being loud enough.. WE GET IT!! drop it people.. and my prediction is png will dominate texas city and we still won't get any respect

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
ndnmojo14 said:
i really think in every single thread there is someone griping about cherokee not being loud enough.. WE GET IT!! drop it people.. and my prediction is png will dominate texas city and we still won't get any respect

^This enough about Cherokee already.

I think PNG will play well and we will be there in our purple ponchos watching. GO NDNS!!!

NDN79

500+ Posts
Good luck finding anything at Complete Athlete, they act like they don't know that a high school exists in town! If you find any purple rain suits--let us know

NDN_EE_03

Shuffle your socks for static shocks!
PNG 28 to 7.
2 Fumble recovs
and 2 Intercepts.

And yet another dominating first half.
AND GUESS WHAT, we wont run up the middle 98% of the time.
How about that I-formation on 3rd or 4th and short?

Texas City will have a hard time trying to cover, png's tall Spencer Deron(19),whose hands must be made of tar because he is pulling everyting in, onehanded, no handed, with his facemask, his belt loop, he is going to make that catch.

Only problem i see is busted plays, plays that are covered correctly defensively but are still big gain downs due to a quarterback with wheels or a dump off pass.

But what can you really do to pretect against that 100% time.

anyway... Let's put another "W" in the win column! O0 O :eek:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDN79 said:
Good luck finding anything at Complete Athlete, they act like they don't know that a high school exists in town! If you find any purple rain suits--let us know

Boy, ain't that the truth. I went there looking for some PNG clothes, and there was almost NOTHING!. However, ther was PLENTY of Ned stuff. I think they may be in the wrong town. Or...perhaps all the PNG stuff id bought out as soon as it gets on the shelves, and the NED stuff just sits. THAT sounds better....for them.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores