PN-G vs. WO-S Game Thread

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The last two possessions for PN-G ending with fumbles...putting too much pressure on the Indian defense.

PN-G 30
WO-S 21

3Q

Mustangs are in Indian territory and driving. Penalties and turnovers hurting WO-S...turnovers hurting PN-G.

The Indian defense holds...PN-G ball, but we have fumble-itis. We need a cure for this disease. We need our OL to take control and we need a long sustained drive.

Go Indians.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Flare pass...turned up field...TD Indians.

PN-G - 37
WO-S - 21

3Q (getting close to the end of the 3Q)

Go Indians.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
End of 3Q

PN-G - 37
WO-S - 21

WO-S in the Indian red zone with a fresh set of downs.

Go Indians.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G 3 and out...WO-S ball at the Indian 41. Approx. 8:00 mins. left in the game.

PN-G 37
WO-S 28

Let's go Indians!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The PN-G defense holds (again)...Indian ball at the PN-G 35 yard line. ~8:00 mins left.

PN-G 37
WO-S 28

Go Indians.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G offense burns some time...but is forced to punt.

PN-G 37
WO-S 28

4:00 mins left in the game.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
WO-S...TD on a QB keeper.

PN-G 37
WO-S 34

The WO-S extra point is..........no good!

2:00 mins. 4Q

Onside kick coming up next. Make a play Indians...close out the game.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G can't run out the clock...4th and 3...the Indians quick kick it and down it at the 1-yard line. WO-S has to go 99 yards in 1:00 min.

1st down - WO-S pass, incomplete...flag...holding PN-G.
Automatic 1st down - WO-S pass, complete at the 25...first down WO-S... 1:04 left in the game.
1st down - WO-S pass, complete to the 39... we're under a minute (55 seconds).
1st down - WO-S pass, QB scramble...out of bounds, after a 3 yard gain.
2nd down - WO-S pass, QB scramble...sacked at the line of scrimmage...time out WO-S (~50 seconds).
3rd down - WO-S pass, QB scramble...throws...incomplete (28 seconds left in them game).
4th down - WO-S pass, QB scramble...throws...complete...first down Mustangs (24 seconds left).
1st down - WO-S pass, sacked...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...WO-S spiked the ball...ball game.

PN-G 37
WO-S 34

End of game.

bandkid

Staff member
Let me sum up these last three weeks.

First we scrimmaged 4A #10 Texas City. Even though it was just a scrimmage, we won the controlled portion 35-21.

Then we played 3A #10 Silsbee. We beat them 45-21.

And tonight, we played and beat this week's 3A #10 West Orange-Stark 37-34 - the first time we've beat the Mustangs since 1996.

It's nice to be back to our winning ways. Scalp 'em, Indians. :clap:

PS: I hope Dan Hooks was at the game tonight, and that someone got a picture of the look on his face. I'd love to see that on the front page of the Beaumont Enterprise, right next to that letter to the editor he wrote about how much he hates PN-G a few years ago.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
WOW what a game. We need to clean up the penalties and fumbles next week against SC.

FAIRCLOTH PLAY MORSE OR MOVE HIM TO JV!!!! YOUR WASTING HIM HOLDING FOR EXTRA POINTS!!!!

hookem14

100+ Posts
justafan said:
WOW what a game. We need to clean up the penalties and fumbles next week against SC.

FAIRCLOTH PLAY MORSE OR MOVE HIM TO JV!!!! YOUR WASTING HIM HOLDING FOR EXTRA POINTS!!!!
In a neck and neck, wire to wire game, at exactly what point should Morse have been put in? I'm curious!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Not saying he should've been in the game, but not getting any reps week after week doesn't help his development.

hookem14

100+ Posts
You don't put your second QB option on JV. If your number one guy goes down in game, you have to have your next guy available! Not your third or fourth guy.

NDN79

500+ Posts
It is amazing to me that people are still not happy, even after a great victory against a state ranked opponent(who we haven't been able to beat since 1996).2 - 0 against 2 state ranked opponents and still you have to criticize the coaches decisions on why a certain player is not played more. WOW!! Undefeated so far....seems to me the right decisions are being made!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores