PNG vs. Barbers Hill & Game Comments

ndnmojo14

So the first week of official football is upon us. Just wondering what everyone thinks about the upcoming game.

[Edited by pngfan93 to sticky the topic for Friday Night's game and alter the title.]

nissanindian

100+ Posts
Re: PNG vs. Barbers Hill

PNG takes this one a little shaky in 1st quarter just nerves but then huge night for the receivers

NDN79

500+ Posts

based on what we have seen so far in the spring game and the scrimmage, you definitely have to like the INDIAN'S chances. I think they will be fired-up in front of a packed home crowd and deliver the first of many victories this season.

akifan94

500+ Posts

I told a good friend of mine last night my prediction was 35-14. I think I will stick with that.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts

Whoa, there are some big numbers being thrown up here. Before I venture a guess, can someone show some Barbers Hill stats. How many returning starters and what positions? How did they fair last year?

I know, I should be looking these up but I just don't have the time. I'm sure someone knows right where they are with just a click of a button.

With that being said, the Indians will win this game and usher in a new era known as "Brandon Ball"...(a little play off of "billy ball" from Lamar)

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts

It all depends on how long the startrs are left in. I look for them to make an early exit to prevent injuries and to keep us from turning too many heads. As a result, I say:

PN-G 28
BH 21

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts

Ok, I'm ready to make my prediction. It appears that BH has 9 returning starters with 5 on offense and 4 on defense. They too will be replacing their QB this season. They went 3-6 last year with those 3 wins coming over Kingwood Park, Goose Creek Memorial, and Galena Park. I will say that those 3 wins appear to be pretty lop-sided. They scored an average of 26.6 pts a game and allowed 24.4 pnts a game. But if you ask me, their lop-sided victories padded the points per game stats. Also, that 3-6 record came with an experienced QB under center.

With that being said, I don't see where BH has made many, if any improvements over last season. Whereas, PN-G has made drastic changes to coaching personnel, and it has definitely been for the better. These coaches put our players in the right position to make the plays. Just by watching practices and scrimmages, PN-G seems to have done a complete 180 in terms of the direction of the football program.

I think BH is athletic enough to get a couple of TD's but not talented enough to stop the wide open offense of PN-G.

Therefore, my prediction for the game will be:
PN-G - 38
BH - 14

phetonb

PN-G 42

Barbers Hill 21

I think our offense will be explosive based on what I have seen on the hilight video against Memorial.

Our defense will be good to, but BH will score late when the 2nd and 3rd string D goes in.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts

I got the itch for some football! Who else has it??? Friday at 730 can't get here soon enough!!!

NDN79

500+ Posts

I'M with you NDNTime! Ready to see the INDIANS start with a bang!If anyone out there in Indian Nation goes to the Freshman and J.V. games how about posting an update please.

afndn

Does anyone know what time the JV game starts tonight? I live pretty close to Barbers Hill (about 20 minutes) and I am considering going.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores