PNG vs. Barbers Hill & Game Comments

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Man, was I wrong about this game. BH has a really good team, and a really great QB. They just couldn't overcome those 7 turnovers in the 1st half, but they came out in the 2nd ready to play. I was a bit disapointed in the O line, but hopefully they'll get the kinks worked out. Doty had a great presence in the backfield, and Harmon was a HOSS when we needed it in the 4th.

Bottom line is, Faircloth got his 1st "W", and the So-called JINX has been broken. I'm PROUD of how the team fought hard the entire game, and never gave up.

BH will make some noise this year. Too bad someone had to lose this one, but the fact is, BH just flat out-played us tonight, we just got lucky that they missed the PAT.

Good Luck to BH the remainder of the yr.

91ndn

looking at our o line they are huge and couldn't block for the qb..bh o line wasn't that big and we could not stop their qb..I BET OUR BOYS ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN FUN AT PRACTICE MONDAY

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
1st WIN IN THE NEW STADIUM!!!!

1st WIN OF THE FAIRCLOTH ERA!!!!

I think that the new system just needs time to work itself out.

Some positives from the game:
1) This was PNG's first game to ever win while playing in the shotgun.
2) No major injuries.
3) The no huddle did not seem to take too long at the line like to does for other schools.
4) Our play calling was NOT predictable.
5) District opponents scouting this game probably learned nothing of our offense from this game.

I'll agree, we looked sloppy. Give Faircloth time. We all wanted to get excited about the possibility of a blowout. We all also understood that a new system takes time to take effect. Hopefully the team can make corrections during the next 2 weeks and come to district ready to be playoff contenders.

The main message -- Give Faircloth time.

ndnmojo14

We just have to give the new system time. We have seen what they can do against memorial and towards the end of this game. Also, it was Doty's first varsity game and I am sure there was a lot of nerves. They will work out the kinks and get it going. The defense was very good. They are aggressive and very good as causing turnovers obviously. Coach Faircloth and his staff will work everything out and have these boys ready. It will all work out.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
PNG Indians arriving for run thru.

DSCF7394.jpg

Teams line up, ready for kick off.

DSCF7397.jpg

Great atmosphere ! ! !

DSCF7402.jpg

badndn

500+ Posts
Anyone know what the extent of Dunbars injury is? He didn't come out with the team in the second half and when he went in for a couple of plays he was favoring his hamstring. BH picked up on it right away and threw down the middle of the field on back to back plays right at him completing one (where the two wideouts colided) near the endzone. He normally would have broken on the ball and made a play, but it was obvious he was unable to because of the hammy. He came out after the next play and never went back in.

I thought BH had a good defense. They ran the ball well on offense, but Viverette leaves a lot to be desired throwing the ball down field. He is a very good athlete and they used his talents well. They should make the playoffs as the #3 in that district behind Dayton and Crosby.

We need to work on our lines. Both Offense and Deffense. BH blew our Dline off the ball all night and our Oline was struggling with a much smaller, quicker Dline of BH. Thought we could have run the option more to get to the outside and some screens and draws to exploit the BH rush. Lot to work on. But a W is a W. Congrats to coach Faircloth on his first of many many more to come!

Gameday

A lot of times on obvious passing downs, they took DeRon out and put in 4 wideouts? He's got the best hands on the team, 6'3. I believe he can go from tightend to splitend with no problem. All in all I think they looked pretty good for the 1st game, learning a new offense.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Oldschool said:
I hear that dunbar was having cramps.

Hopefully you are right. That is what it appeared to be last night. They were stretching him out pretty good. If this is the case, he should be just fine!

N

NDNPARENT

Great game! Finally won a game on our new stadium!

My 2cents of the game is as followed

1. We need to contain the quarterback, 2nd game in a row that the quaterback killed us running the ball. I was in the stand knowing that the quarterback was going to run. Nedd to assign a LB to nail hiss butt on every play and his only job .

2. Defense was superb, but too long on the field tiring out when offense not moving the ball.

3. Quaterback needs to freeze the backs with a pump fake every once in a while.

4. Seen great fake handoffs and that will freeze up the LB/S.

5. need to use the TE on short yardage.

6. would like ot see a blitz when we need to put pressure on the QB.

7. IN 2ND QUATER WITH 9 SECONCS LEFT I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE US KICKED A FIELD GOAL INSTAD OF THE QUICK KICK. LET SEE IF HE CAN KICK A LONG ONE, HE CAN KICED ON KICKOF WIHT ONLY 3 /4R STEPS BACK AND KICED IT 30 PLUSE YARDS. MIGHT NEED TO WIN A GAME WINNING FG , why not see if he can do it when we are up .

N

NDNPARENT

NDNTime said:
Oldschool said:
I hear that dunbar was having cramps.

Hopefully you are right. That is what it appeared to be last night. They were stretching him out pretty good. If this is the case, he should be just fine!

it was awfully hot and humid last nite, coaches/trainers need to make sure the players are drinking plently of water on games like that. That should take care of the cramps.

badndn

500+ Posts
All in all I thought Faircloth and staff called a pretty good game without showing everything. The only thing I question was the direction short kickoffs that gave BH good field position all night long. This after letting Browning kick it deep on the opening KO which resulted in BH having to go 80+ yards. The kid has a big leg. Let him use it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores