PNG vs. Crosby & Game Comments

indianforever

100+ Posts
the boys looked pretty good tonight. i think the offense has to work some kinks out but i have faith they will be ready for crosby next week. the defense looked good especially the secondary they just need to work on defending the running game. i dont have alot of information on crosby so if someone could post a website to get some it would be greatly appreciated. this is a new offense so give it time. when district starts i think PNG will be a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by pngfan93 to sticky and alter the thread title.

badndn

500+ Posts
Re: PNG vs. Crosby

Crosby's offense will be a carbon copy of BH, but the big difference is the QB. Merka from Crosby has a cannon arm and those balls downfield that Viverette from BH floated will get there in a hurry off of Merkas hand. Merka also is faster and stronger than Viverette. Word is Merka the UH camp ran a 4.5 forty and measured in at 6'4" 205. We need to tighten up our run defense.

Not sure about Crosby's defense???

NDN79

500+ Posts

every game is going to be a challenge with a new system on both sides of the ball. we do not have a cupcake schedule like some schools do in pre-season. Crosby is another high quality opponent that will test the Indians--but I know our coaches and players will be ready!

indianforever

100+ Posts

i agree, i am going to listen to the crosby game tonight

http://www.1660espn.com/listenonline/ESPNlisten.htm

NDN79

500+ Posts

thanks for the link Indianforever--it is fun to follow the games and scores of our upcoming opponents. DEFINITELY a lot of excitement for our Indians!!

indianforever

100+ Posts

i really believe coach faircloth will have the boys ready for crosby and possibly surprise alot of people next week :)

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

Our program is not an overnight fix. This program has been suffering for years which is evident in the freshman program. By watching them they are just now really learning the fundamentals of the game which SHOULD had been taught at the at the Jr. High level. Give Coach Faircloth some time to bring this program back from the ruins it has been the past several year. Remember these kids only knew 2 plays, pitch left and pitch right. Give it some time.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member

Faircloth is going to be great for us at PNG

Indian99

500+ Posts

Program in ruins? Justafan, give Coach Burnett a little credit, I'm pretty sure the kids were taught more than pitch left, pitch right at that age.

ndnmojo14

I'm not here to dog anyone, but I was a recent former player for PNG and the program was in bad shape. I also have two family members on the team now who say there is an unbelievable difference in the program now. Coach Faircloth and his staff have completely changed our program for the better. It won't be an overnight fix. They will get things worked out and improve every week. This staff and these boys work harder than any team in Texas which is what you want. Because there is so much excitement and such high expectations people are going to knit pick everything about this new program. If anyone believe we aren't in a better place now they are crazy. These kids believe in theirselves and their coaches which hasn't happened in a long time. Good job last night guys and we are all behind you. They will be ready for Crosby... and by the way.. Crosby lost to Ennis 62-14. That doesn't mean too much considering Ennis is very very very good this year.. but since this is a png crosby thread i figure i would say something about them :popcorn:

tcobb27

The game that I watched was a very dissapointing victory. I don't expect to blow out every team but when you get 7 turnovers in a game you should win by more than 1 point. The defense is what needs to improve. We gave up 315 yards to a lesser opponent because we run a 3-4 defense with 3 down linemen and Barbers Hill expoited it. We ran 1 defensive front and 1 secondary coverage all night (quarters) and ran no stunts except for blitzing the linebackers. We were better on defense last year but we just could not move the ball. Our offense has the big play potential this year but it is a difficult offense to sustain drives that eat up the clock. If the offense gets clicking then we can put up some points but we need to do a better job on defense. Crosby has a great quarterback who can throw or run but their best receiver last year transferred to Dayton. Still he will be much better than what we faced last night. I think it will be a nail biter next week. Good luck Indians.

tcobb27

Well if you look at Barbers Hill's record last year they were 3-6 and 3-4 in district. Their coaches said during this past track season that they were going to be terrible this year and they were right. It's not going to get any easier for us this year. When you look at Central putting up 28 points on Memorial it looks like most of the district teams are better than last year. I think we will be fighting for that 4th place spot this year.

ndnmojo14

How can you say that a defense that forced 7 turnovers in one game is bad??? That makes no logical sense. The defense also shut barbers hill out in the first half. They aren't mixing up the defense's coverages because they don't won't to show everything they have. This defense is way better than last years. Most of those yards came in the second half because our defense was worn out from being on the field all night. I'm not sure what else people want from those guys.. they force 7 turnovers.. 5 or 6 interceptions and a fumble recovery for a touchdown and yet they still stink.. wow.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts

Everyone take a deep breath and relax... For those whose 1st glimpse of the Faircloth regime was Friday night, i can see why you may be a little concerned. I have been to a lot of spring practices,purple -white game and both the intra-squad and Memorial scrimmages, so I have a broader body of work to go by, as do others on this site. We are a lot better than what we showed Friday.I know several kids on this team and believe me..we did not show a fraction of what we will when district comes around. We ran basically one coverage all night and never showed a press coverage, thats part of the reason BH ate us up on the dink and dunk passes. We also ran very few line stunts and blitzes..but the good news is that when we did, we got to the QB. Offensively we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg..thats all I will say. Hopefully we will open it up some more in the next couple of games.Bottom line..we made the right decision by hiring Faircloth. This man is the real deal..as a coach and a man. Talk to the kids who play for him for 2 minutes and you be fired up about what we have in store for the future.

Layingemdown

Look, hate to be the downer and all, but that offensive showing was something very scary. That spread looked no better, if not worse, than when Burnett was trying to run it. One of the main things I dont understand is why they are not force feeding Spencer Deron the ball. Some say that it is because of his position that he doesnt get as many looks. Switch his position I say. He is by far the most dominant go to guy we have, and we only went to him 3 or 4 times.

Needless to say, I expected our offense to look a little rusty, but they were beyond rusty IMO. However, when I saw them in the purple and white game and the Memorial scrimmage, they (especially Doty) looked way better. Hopefully it was just nerves. In the end though, I did not get a warm and fuzzy for next weeks game with Crosby. If things dont tighten up, we are in a lot of trouble next week.

NDN79

500+ Posts

I agree with ndnmojo14, and ndnsrock44---there is no need to worry and that is ONE game and we did WIN!! Everyone realizes that it will take alittle time to make our offense run smoothly. One thing you can not deny though, was the excitement of the players, coaches, student body, and fans. There were people tail-gateing 2 hours before the game---when was the last time you saw that much excitement and anticipation for a PN-G game? I strongly disagree with Layingemdown's assessment of the game.We are much better off now with Coach Faircloth and his staff and the way they are running the program. Be patient everyone, get on the Indian Train and enjoy the ride! Come to the games--Cheer loud--Wear Purple--AND BE PROUD!!

Layingemdown

Hey now,

I am not saying that we arent better off with Faircloth, although I am not declaring him the savior of our football program like many either....I'm just saying I expected more and hopefully we will get more. And, as far as the Deron comment, I think he has D-1 talent, and needs to be put to more use......thats all.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores