PNG vs. Crosby & Game Comments

UTindian20

Re: PNG vs. Crosby

faircloths a great coach not taking anything from him. but they do need to improve. especially when you look at the game friday. 7 turnovers. 4 from dre dunbar. who is now injured. and after he was injured things went down hill. the offense couldnt get it going. PN-G doesnt have the personell for this type of offense. its just not us. not saying the sweep left sweep right was. but power football is. sooner or later itll catch up. burnett learned early we didnt have personel for that offensive scheme by playing a worthy two opponents in lamarque and crosby. any one who will disagree is welcome to their own opinion but so am i. we come from a place where physicallity and strength is our calling. and changing it up to this is something that is gonna either work over several years or switch it up to something like a single back offense or power i. alot of succesful offenses use it . especially power teams

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

It's game one folks. The first game with a new program and new players. After watching the video, looks like the Indians DO have the personell to run that offense. Better blocking and execution will come with more experience. Given more time Doty will pick apart a defense.

Exciting times are ahead. Have some faith and patience.

NDN79

500+ Posts

Great post IndianFan! I am in total agreement with you.They have the personell to run any offense they want--and the right coaches to teach them. Our student athletes are intelligent enough to learn any offense. If you talk to the players they are very excited to be playing this style of offense and they are very happy with their coaching. I think it is quite a stretch to say that the players here are suited to only one style of play (power running). Just give the team a chance and enjoy the excitement with them. :)

nissanindian

100+ Posts

We asked for this Change please let him get thur one season before all the sideline coaches try to run them out of town :angry:

VegasNDN

I agree. It seems as though half of this board needs a dose of Zanax. Most of you wanted Burnett's head last year and then jumped for joy when Faircloth was signed and now you want to rip apart the fact that the 2009 Indians are 1-0 and so is Faircloth's record. Give it a rest. I can sense the excitement from 1,600 miles away. So all due respect, if you have nothing nice to say start a complaint thread and go there. These young men are excited and feel they have a reason to suit up everyday; which is in fact a welcomed change. Good job this week!

badndn

500+ Posts

UTindian20 said:
faircloths a great coach not taking anything from him. but they do need to improve. especially when you look at the game friday. 7 turnovers. 4 from dre dunbar. who is now injured. and after he was injured things went down hill. the offense couldnt get it going. PN-G doesnt have the personell for this type of offense. its just not us. not saying the sweep left sweep right was. but power football is. sooner or later itll catch up. burnett learned early we didnt have personel for that offensive scheme by playing a worthy two opponents in lamarque and crosby. any one who will disagree is welcome to their own opinion but so am i. we come from a place where physicallity and strength is our calling. and changing it up to this is something that is gonna either work over several years or switch it up to something like a single back offense or power i. alot of succesful offenses use it . especially power teams
::) ::) ::)
Actually in the second half the offense did get it going. They just didn't get the ball but twice because BH had three long sustained drives. Go back and check out what the Offense did in the second half. Doty was 7-7 and Harmon had most of his yardage. When they needed a drive they got it. We have the guns for this offense. When Burnett tried to run the spread (both times) the staff was clueless as to how to run the spread. They did no real research and sent none of the coaches to camps or even to learn from some of the best. They just thought you line em up and throw WR screens all night. Thus when it didn't work for lack of knowledge they scrapped it and went with what they knew. Not a bad move. The bad move was going to an offense with no experience in it. When Nederland moved to the spread they spent weeks at camps and with coach Dodge at Southlake learning the ins and outs. Faircloth knows what he is doing! Give him a break!

ndnmojo14

I completely agree with badndn and vegasndn. I played under Burnett and when we tried to go to the spread it was a joke no offense. All the players new they didn't know what they were doing. People just need to chill out. Also, Dre Dunbar isn't hurt, he had cramps. And he wasn't the demise of the defense in the second half. They were exhausted from kicking butt in the first half and being out there all game. This coaching staff is one of the best in the state I promise you that. That doesn't mean we will go undefeated and beat the crap out of everyone. But that does mean we will be prepared every single game and we won't be predictable or out-coached.

Also think about this... every team we have been playing their players have been in that system since they were in middle school. Our guys have been in their system for a few months. It TAKES TIME people. We stinking won the game and everyone is griping cuz it wasn't pretty enough or the offense in the first half wasn't what THEY expected. This game isn't about you. Trust the coaches and let them do their job they are paid to do. Ask any of the players... they love their coaches and BELIEVE in them.. something we haven't had in a very long time. This year will be special.. people just need to chill.

NDN79

500+ Posts

Good post ndnmojo14--I too agree with badndn and vegasndn! This year will be special and I look forward to a GREAT season from the INDIANS!

tcobb27

To say that our program has been in ruins for years is wrong. In 2007 we were the district champions and killed Lumberton who was 9-1 that year. We ran more than 2 plays. We won when we had good players and we lost when we did not. Coach Burnett got fired because he could never beat Nederland not because the program was in shambles. He had his first losing season last year since 2001 with the exception of two 5-5 years. I'm not suggesting to bring him back but give the man some credit.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

tcndn91 said:
To say that our program has been in ruins for years is wrong. In 2007 we were the district champions and killed Lumberton who was 9-1 that year. We ran more than 2 plays. We won when we had good players and we lost when we did not. Coach Burnett got fired because he could never beat Nederland not because the program was in shambles. He had his first losing season last year since 2001 with the exception of two 5-5 years. I'm not suggesting to bring him back but give the man some credit.

Hate to disagree!!!!!!

ThePride70

To say that our program was "in ruins" is sooooo wrong. Was it time for a change, perhaps. Now that the change has occurred we all need to support the new system and give them some time to maximize their potential. I wouldn't panic over one game. Like they say, even an ugly win is a win. Let's be patient and I think that they will continue to improve. People have to realize that coaching just isn't that easy. So many other factors play into a teams success. Coaches are only one piece of the equation. Quality of athletes, injuries and a little bit of luck also play a part. Let the coaches and players settle in and then we can see what happens. I'm hopeful that they will improve every week. That's really all you can ask for.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts

ThePride70 said:
To say that our program was "in ruins" is sooooo wrong. Was it time for a change, perhaps. Now that the change has occurred we all need to support the new system and give them some time to maximize their potential. I wouldn't panic over one game. Like they say, even an ugly win is a win. Let's be patient and I think that they will continue to improve. People have to realize that coaching just isn't that easy. So many other factors play into a teams success. Coaches are only one piece of the equation. Quality of athletes, injuries and a little bit of luck also play a part. Let the coaches and players settle in and then we can see what happens. I'm hopeful that they will improve every week. That's really all you can ask for.

Good post ThePride........it was a Win and I will take anyone we can get.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

ThePride70 said:

I am proud of the direction the program is headed and very proud of the boys on the win Friday night. But I have to disagree with you about the direction our program had been in. The program had been in a downward spiral for the past several years whether you want to believe it or not. I am not going to beat a old dog or say anything negative about Burnett but the program has suffered the past several years. This was more evident in the Jr. High levels.

badndn

500+ Posts

Pretty sure the 1999 team struggled out of the gate with a Kelly team that wasn't that great and barely got by Silsbee in bi-District. We were all pretty satisfied with the end results though!

Wish I had more info on the debacle in Waco with Crosby. Wonder if the loss of the WR to Dayton hurt them that much?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

I tried to listen to it online but could never get it to work so I listen to the Katy/North Shore game. WHat a game that was.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores