PNG vs Crosby Predictions / Game Thread

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I don't understand the TO. If I was Crosby, I'd put it in the end zone on the next play. They did the right thing and knelt it. We should have let the clock run.

bandkid

Staff member
Crosby takes a knee again. Clock running. Game over.

Defense needs work, passing needs work.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
We had a chance to escape with a W on the road, but it wasn't meant to be tonight. Everyone will say the last INT hurt us, and it did, but the story lines for me in this game were: (1) Crosby controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, (2) Crosby seemed to ball hog in the second half, I'm guessing they had 30 or 40 snaps on offense in the second half whereas PN-G may have had half as many, maybe a few more than that (I lost count), (3) all three phases of the game left some plays on the field, i.e., we missed some stops on defense when the Crosby QB got outside, we missed some opportunities on offense, and on special teams we missed a long FG (long enough just wide; still a good try), and (4) Crosby manned up on our #4 and had help over the top with safeties...they were not going to let our #4 beat them deep. Crosby put some pressure on the QB, but nothing the Indians can't overcome going forward.

Lots of bright spots...it is pre-district, the PN-G kids are playing hard, the effort is there, the execution is there, but we didn't click 100% tonight. Everything that went wrong can be corrected. We missed a chance for a TD right before the half on a slightly overthrown ball (not a bad throw, just a tad high)...we had a great kickoff return for a long TD where #8 picked up some blocks and hooked it down the field for 90+ yards for a TD... I was on the opposite end, so I could not see if he caught it at the 10, but he ran a long ways for a huge TD, big momentum shift after Crosby had just scored to take the lead. PN-G's RB #26 had a nice long run for a TD...very good run, good vision, balance, and some wheels. He probably had 10 or 12 carries for 100+ yards. QB made some good throws, QB made some nice runs, he probably had 100 yards rushing, the WRs made some good catches...the ball seemed to get spread around. Lots of good stuff to look at on video next week.

We need to tighten up some on defense, put some hits on the ball, gang tackle like we did with GP, get off the field when we have a team on 3rd and 5 or 3rd and long, contain mobile QBs and those shifty RBs (easier said than done), clean up our turnovers, and just continue playing PN-G football with effort, enthusiasm, and pride. Good things will happen. I won't see PN-G play again until they come back to Houston for the playoffs (and I believe they will). I enjoyed the GP and Crosby games. The PN-G kids (football team, band, Indianettes, flag runners, Indian Spirit, et al.) make it all worthwhile. Good kids, still a great school, and it brings back lots of great memories.

I guess the question to be asked (with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight) is should the Indians have gone for 2 after the long kickoff return for the TD? The argument for 2-pts is we need all the points we can get; the argument against it is we now have the momentum and we believe our defense will get a stop against Crosby's run game, create a turnover, or make a play. Oh well, we had some chances to get out of there with a W, but we came up just short. Keep the faith...the Indians have a good team...good things will happen for PN-G this year.

Go Indians. Peace.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I agree on the most part. The game was a very good hard fought battle on both sides. Crosby's QB and back, the twins, ran all over us. We had several opportunities to stop them in the back field and didn't, my feel was poor tackling, not wrapping up. Some of the boys would just hit them hoping or thinking they would fall down. I know that will be addressed this coming week in practice. I feel if the O and D were firing on all cylinders like they did with GP it would have been a different game and outcome. Oh well, its non-district and a loss. Maybe this will open up alot of eyes and put some real hard serious fire in their eyes from here on out. This game was a very good test of the team. Some very bright spots and some areas to work on. I'm proud of the team, they didn't give up.
On another note, I hope Jake Davis is ok. He was on crutches after the game. His GPA and Brother said is was probably a sprained ankle. Lets hope hes back to action asap ! Thompson had a bad stinger apparently in the second half. The player number 42 who was down on the field for a few minutes. Lets get the boys healthly, refocused and ready to come out and put it on Texas City !!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores