PNG vs Crosby Predictions / Game Thread

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
To 1989: I think #8 Romero caught the kick off on the goal line and took it to the house. And I believe Bertrand's run was about a 60 yarder. It was good to see Chase bust one like that. He had a good block on the edge by the receiver on that side.

Thoughts on the game: Crosby didn't seem to be doing anything complex on the offensive side of the ball. It looked as if they were running the read option with the twins, but I honestly don't think they were doing that. I think they were designed runs for one or the other. Our D-line got absolutely whipped at the point of attack. We were gettting blown off the ball. And when we took our chances and got to the ball at the line of scrimmage, we couldn't wrap up. Arm tackling makes for a long and painful season.
On offense, there were a few good things and few things that need to be worked on. I like the mobility of the QB, but I think he might rely on his running ability too much. It appears he checks one or two receivers and then tucks it when he doesn't necessarily need to. It seems to me that he needs to go through more of his progressions before running it. I specifically remember one play when Nelson was standing alone in the middle of the field and QB tucked it and ran, even though he had good protection. Finally on offense, the O-line needs to be dominant at the point of attack. Play with your feet! Get in front of your man and absolutely blow him off the ball. I didn't see that last night and it really hurt us.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
yankeedawg said:
PNG Proud said:
I'm listening from Harrisburg PA, where's everyone else at?

Adjusting from Hurricane Irene?? How long you up there for Proud? Stay safe my friend.

Not sure Buddy, but it looks like I might miss the entire Football season. I'm going to try to fly in for my class reunion on Oct 15 tho.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores