PNG vs. Lumberton Game Updates: PN-G 39 Lumberton 6 - FINAL

NDN79

500+ Posts
In regards to Squaw's comment about fans/students chanting '39 to 6': I personally do not think this "IS" an issue. Our students and fans were just caught up in the moment supporting their team in a fun way.It was done on our side,not on their side--and they probably didn't hear anything all the way over there. If they did hear, well, like I said--it was meant as a means of celebrating (and mocking the Lumberton P.A.announcer)for our side. There have been some people on this board that were critical of fan/student participation, saying there was no spirit, that the crowd wasn't loud enough--then they get criticized for how they do celebrate. I thought it was a great atmosphere on the PN-G side and I wouldn't change a thing.I hope it continues--IT WAS A LOT OF FUN!!

LIGHTEN-UP and enjoy the moment!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I too was impressed by how friendly all the Lumberton people were, THEN, when I got to my car...someone had drawn railroad tracks down the side of my car with red window chalk! I'm sure it was kids, but it still ticked me off cause I had just washed my car before the game :angry:! I just hope none of our kids are doing this sort of thing! All in all, I still enjoyed our visit to Lumberton!

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
We got chalked too! Heard a lot of people who parked between the stadium and highway got chalked. At least it was only on the window and not on the paint.

Heard there was an incident with one of the Lumberton football players saying something threatening and racist to a PNG band student. Our band director moved fast and was great. Hope their coaches stay on it. That crap needs to stop now before the entire PNG band goes renegade....several of them heard it, then it spread like wildfire and many in the band are furious with Lumberton! This mom is pretty ticked as well. :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: I know it was one football player and not representative of their entire team and band but da** I am still mad as HE double hockey sticks.

i sit right in front of the central scout he was very shocked of how the game turned out they even left early think we scared them off lmao :punchingbag:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
A Central scout......can't bear to watch any more.
DSCF7937.jpg

Just wanted to see it in the thread again! We were laughing at his reaction big time!! :whiteflag:

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Don't be so sure...he might be thinking..

"Boy I wish I was in the nice comfy pressbox at The Reservation"

Anyone else got a caption? :)

bandkid

Staff member
PNG NDN Fan said:
Don't be so sure...he might be thinking..

"Boy I wish I was in the nice comfy pressbox at The Reservation"

Anyone else got a caption? :)

"This keeps up and I'll never get Cherokee out of my head."

pngfan66

500+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
NDNband69 said:
DSCF7937.jpg

Just wanted to see it in the thread again! We were laughing at his reaction big time!! :whiteflag:
I give up their offense is to confusing !!! or UT OH !!! I really hope PNG's dosen't hurt our players before the playoffs !!! Or as my wife said, he's sitting there and thinking were are my Rolaids

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
pngfan66 said:
pngfan93 said:
NDNband69 said:
DSCF7937.jpg

I give up their offense is to confusing !!! or UT OH !!! I really hope PNG's dosen't hurt our players before the playoffs !!! Or as my wife said, he's sitting there and thinking were are my Rolaids

Or maybe he suffers from narcolepsy. :zzz:

itybityndn

Cheermom4 said:
What an awesome game and the FANS were AWESOME too. I can't wait for next week.....come on Friday.

I love away games............I could actually hear cherokee, because I was able to choose to sit close to the band. It made all the difference in the world for me!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
I agree. The two away games we had this year so far were the most fun. The fans that do go are full of spirit and really get into the game. Some of the fans at a home game seem to just sit there and I think only go because it is something to do on a Friday night. But the extra foot room and the great scoreboard at the home games are nice!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores